• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Second released map- Ashenvale Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This was the first map that I put a great deal of effort into. This was where I really learned the nitty gritty of more complicated triggering, terraining and object editing. Whenever I learned something new about triggering, this was the map I tested it all out on. ASW was one of the first (maybe even the first) 3-way AoS maps for RoC, and finished my first version WAY back in the day. This map has a lot of little features, such as creep hunting, click defense, cinimatics, building, stealing money off of sleeping people, scripted attacks by neutral forces, unlockable secrets, unit upgrades, lots of blood and gore, wide variety of mercenaries, and, of course, the characteristic land mines. This is the result of trigger exploration gone wild. This was also the first map where I put extra emphasis on terraining, although I think I’ve still improved since. This was also the first map I made with an all-female theme. I chose to do this simply because no one else had yet. It was one way of keeping things original and WC3 was the only RTS game that had enough female units to support such an idea. This map has undergone so many version that if it had a version number, it would probably be something like 99.999999999 Final (GOLD). I also used a variety of custom models to further increase the variety of female models.

ASW is a less-then-serious map that takes place after the fall of Archimonde. The world tree is destroyed and a sapling has taken its place. 3 factions of Night Elves are battling over it and thus their continued immortality. I actually wrote a fanfic that lead up to this map. It was long before TFT was released, so I made my own story of what happened to the high elves after their homeland was destroyed.

I used to be very proud of this map, but it’s nothing special anymore.

You can get ASW here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=518&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.