• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searing Conflict

SEARING CONFLICT

As my first map, Fight of Mages, made the cut, I decided to post my masterpiece, Searing Conflict.

Story
Malvenor and Grinion are two sworn enemies which fought each other for several years. Now, they will fight in a blazing desert to end this terrible battle once and for all.

Malvenor is a master mage, half demon and half human, versed in dark and fire magics.
Grinion is an agile and brawny blademaster which uses stealthy tactics to kill his enemies.

Features
- Some slow motion effects
- Camera shakes
- Unusual use of animations
- Custom models obviously

233766-albums6886-picture76252.png

233766-albums6886-picture76253.png

233766-albums6886-picture76254.png

233766-albums6886-picture76255.png

Credits
- Shadow Fury (The creator of the film)
- eubz - BarrensTree(NewVar)
- Tauer - KilroggDeadeye
- 00110000 - Dark Malice
- JetFangInferno - Dark Nova - Dark Lightning Nova - Fire Nova - BladeStorm
- WILL THE ALMIGHTY - Ground Explosion
- General Frank - Orb Of Fire
- nGy - DarknessBomb
- Thrikodius - Warp Dark (caster) - Warp Dark (target)
- UgoUgo - OrbOfCorruption - OrbOfFire
- Em! - BoneSpear
- spong3bob - Agave
- RightField - flammer
- Herio-san - Barrens Rock
- Daenar7 - corruptedkael.blp
- Lord_T - Short Axe/Throwing Axe

Comments and ratings are well appreciated.

Keywords:
Searing, Conflict, Problem, Blazing, Scorching, Battle, War, 1vs1, Brawl, Fight, Desert, Hot
Contents

Searing Conflict (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet19:40, 19th Dec 2013700 Searing Conflict (Tested Version 16th Dec 2013) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 7
I learn how to review so I must review this awesome cinematic :)
As I said. I'm a new user so I can't rate. Still, I will review it.

IamFootman061

Searing Conflict Review
Review by IamFootman061

Good things:

Terrain. The terrain was nice for me.
Gameplay. A great cinematic with cool battle scenes.
Scenes. The battle scenes for me was awesome. The way that the blood mage has many spells but they are both defeated.
Atmosphere. The atmosphere was nice that it fits with the terrain.
Models. The two models fits perfectly with the cinematic
Overall. The cinematic was the best battle scene i've ever watched.

Fair things:

Description. I think the description in Fight of mages is better than this map. And the quality of the pictures sucks.

Bad things:

Design. No loading screen and preview? If this have a preview and loading screen. It could attract the players to watch your cinematic.

Suggestions:

You should improve your description a bit.
Put a loading screen and preview that fits perfectly with your map.

Level 21
Pretty Well-made Fight. The atmosphere is Keeped well. BUT it was Short and At the end i see A Firey Thing on the ground. The animations sometimes play the wrong one, and as malhorne said in his review, The BOLTS Sometimes hit Grinion!!!

At the End, I'll give it a 4/5.

The fiery thing on the ground is due to the firebolt thrown by Malvenor when he was in his Dragon Form.
The bolts actually do not hit Grinion but simply tap him occasionally. Since he is supposed to be a brawny orc, I wanted him to remain unaffected by such a hit.
Well, I wanted by purpose to keep it short because if it was too long, it was going to be a bit boring.
Animations... once again, there's nothing wrong with them. Unless you specify exactly where you think they were wrong and how they should be improved, I'll not be able to fix them.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
A sort of repetition of the previous cinematic map.
Try not using the sound channel for music (same goes for the previous cinematic scene).
It would be a lot better if they didn't say any words.

It kind of looks that the mage hit those magic balls very near to the orc in the beginning. I assume the orc has ultra agility to evade and dodge all of that light (in the sense of speed) magic.

Well, I'm not sure about what those people were responsible for in the credits. Not even the Hive description mentions that. Say I'd have this map from a friend. How would I be able to easily find it if Hiveworkshop or any other place where the map is uploaded isn't mentioned in the credits?

Level 21
A sort of repetition of the previous cinematic map.

It cannot be. This cinematic is very different from the previous one; the concept only is the same, the execution is different.

Try not using the sound channel for music (same goes for the previous cinematic scene).

This makes it so easy to manage the music (increasing/decreasing loudness, stop/resume etc...)

It would be a lot better if they didn't say any words.

Why that? I don't agree. If the characters say words, I give them a personality which helps the watcher to better comprehend their actions.

It kind of looks that the mage hit those magic balls very near to the orc in the beginning. I assume the orc has ultra agility to evade and dodge all of that light (in the sense of speed) magic.

Yes, it is supposed to be exactly like that.

Well, I'm not sure about what those people were responsible for in the credits. Not even the Hive description mentions that. Say I'd have this map from a friend. How would I be able to easily find it if Hiveworkshop or any other place where the map is uploaded isn't mentioned in the credits?

I don't understand what you mean here. Do you say I listed people in the credits who shouldn't have been included?

Level 21
I meant that the exact role or reason they've been credited for is not mentioned.

Oh, it's clearer. Well, when I uploaded the map, the rules said to "list the authors of the custom resources I used" without stating for what reason. I suppose I can add that now.

It would also be nice to have Hiveworkshop written there somewhere and Blizzard Entertainment of course.

I don't feel it's needed. You already download this map from the Hive so you know it belongs to it. In addition, anybody who plays Warcraft knows that Blizzard Entertainment is its creator so no need to be captain obvious here ;)