• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searching by author cannot any resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
weird it now shows results.

When you searched, did you allow substandard and awaiting update in the results?
I think I just used the default one. in Hive 2 its Approved+pending--only

Edit: maybe I was searching for resource type the guy didnt have. will get back if I can replicate the result.

Edit: I used to do it with advanced search directly so it search all types by default. Now I tried again and I did not face the problem :|

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, we have moderation icons to show the status of the resource. We shouldn't limit the search results based on moderation status. It's up to each individual member if they wish to use an awaiting update or substandard resource - which can be clearly identified by looking at the moderation icon.

So the starting point should be that the search function finds ALL resources with the choosen word - including pending, awaiting update & substandard.

If not, it should be clearly visible that if the search doesn't find any results. Members should try searching for the same thing in the other respective categories... Which is just annoying.

Last edited:
Level 16
Well, we have moderation icons to show the status of the resource. We shouldn't limit the search results based on moderation status. It's up to each individual member if they wish to use an awaiting update or substandard resource - which can be clearly identified by looking at the moderation icon.
that is a fair point. If I can make choice I would let the default options to have them all as selected, but they can be de-selected if the user desired.
If not, it should be clearly visible that if the search doesn't find any results. Members should try searching for the same thing in the other respective categories
totally agree. something Like
no approved resources where found. would you like to include pending as well?

Level 16
1636375559177.png

Status
Not open for further replies.