1. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Searching by author cannot any resource?

Discussion in 'Remoosed BETA Feedback' started by Map Designer, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hello,

I tried this author both in Hive 2.0 and Beta Hive
    Olofmoleman

I found some models in Hive 2.0 but not in Beta hive.

2. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm. 6 pages is a lot to look through. I have a hunch though. When you searched, did you allow substandard and awaiting update in the results? Check this link out:
    Models

3. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    weird it now shows results.

I think I just used the default one. in Hive 2 its Approved+pending--only

Edit: maybe I was searching for resource type the guy didnt have. will get back if I can replicate the result.

Edit: I used to do it with advanced search directly so it search all types by default. Now I tried again and I did not face the problem :|

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Archian brought it up to me as well that it's not very clear that the results are filtered by approved/pending. I am considering either showing everything the user is allowed to see or showing a bar at the bottom of the results "click here to show x more results from substandard/awaiting update" or similar.

5. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, we have moderation icons to show the status of the resource. We shouldn't limit the search results based on moderation status. It's up to each individual member if they wish to use an awaiting update or substandard resource - which can be clearly identified by looking at the moderation icon.

So the starting point should be that the search function finds ALL resources with the choosen word - including pending, awaiting update & substandard.

If not, it should be clearly visible that if the search doesn't find any results. Members should try searching for the same thing in the other respective categories... Which is just annoying.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  6. Map Designer

Map Designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    that is a fair point. If I can make choice I would let the default options to have them all as selected, but they can be de-selected if the user desired.
    totally agree. something Like