• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Script that allows you to import WoW models (m2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Now that you have that, what's the chance of it being expanded into a stand alone program that can directly turn the m2/texture into the proper formats to work in War3? It's not like everyone here can afford industry model-editing software for the sole purpose of using this script, without a whole lot of guarantee that it will even work properly.

You come out with a stand-alone conversion tool and I'll be impressed. Heck, integrate it with an MPQ explorer and I'll be super impressed.

Level 7
used that m2 importer script in max 7. Seems to bring the animations into the program and looks right, however the skin file doesnt want to convert to tga , bmp, jpeg etc. It says it does but then its corrupt or something. Also the bones dont appear to show up at all in max 7 even though the skin modifier says that there present.

Level 7
yeah you said that on one other topic too...but i couldn't find it
the only thing i found out in lordkezzak comments is that the script is called MdlVis

anyway why dont the ppl that converted those wow models we have tell us how to do it? after all i suppose they didn't made those scripts so there is nothing to hide

Level 1
hey how do you actually use this thing? it says character body creature skin 1/2/3 and other stuff but what do i put in those? otherwise nothing shows up when i hit import

Level 7
ok listen up...i fotgot to mention this

you dont have to specify the skin if you dont want to
just add the m2 model path and hit import
after it finishes it will be there but it will be realy, realy small
so you should zoom it and make it bigger manually

Level 2
Okay, so poster above says there's a stand alone already that will do all this for the poorer people of the world who don't care about editing, just want full converting.

Well, honestly I've looked EVERYWHERE and I've found lots of dead sites, sites that claim to have something and end up being about a different game altogether, and a whole load of importers for super expensive model editing programs. I'd get one and just use the importers, but it seems stupid if all I want is to be able to freely extract a model and convert it for war3 usage. I have not even the slightest interest in editing or creating models, so having a full program would be a real waste.

Then, I've searched these forums and many other forums on other map/model/download/whatever sites about WC3 and I can't seem to get any related results. Searching for...
Gaal said:
"stand alone" m2 mdx mdl "converter"
...ends up giving me anything(together or alone, in no discernable order, and not always with any of my words actually in the page) with the words: stand, standing, stands, alone, marriage, 2-years-old-picture-album-of-some-random-ugly-kid, mid-life crisis, middle-aged-men-in-lady's-clothing-sale, convert, converter, converting, converts, and several topics on religion and the crusades and forced converts from pagan worship to christianity to save the lives of their families and why chicken is better than beef.

Anyway, you get the picture. Can anyone here elaborate on just who I'm supposed to ask, since he/she/it apparently knows it exists but refuses to clue me in himself/herself/itself? Just link me in the right direction or something.

Level 7
Gaal said:
Okay, so poster above says there's a stand alone already that will do all this for the poorer people of the world who don't care about editing, just want full converting.

Well, honestly I've looked EVERYWHERE and I've found lots of dead sites, sites that claim to have something and end up being about a different game altogether, and a whole load of importers for super expensive model editing programs. I'd get one and just use the importers, but it seems stupid if all I want is to be able to freely extract a model and convert it for war3 usage. I have not even the slightest interest in editing or creating models, so having a full program would be a real waste.

Then, I've searched these forums and many other forums on other map/model/download/whatever sites about WC3 and I can't seem to get any related results. Searching for...
Gaal said:
"stand alone" m2 mdx mdl "converter"
...ends up giving me anything(together or alone, in no discernable order, and not always with any of my words actually in the page) with the words: stand, standing, stands, alone, marriage, 2-years-old-picture-album-of-some-random-ugly-kid, mid-life crisis, middle-aged-men-in-lady's-clothing-sale, convert, converter, converting, converts, and several topics on religion and the crusades and forced converts from pagan worship to christianity to save the lives of their families and why chicken is better than beef.

Anyway, you get the picture. Can anyone here elaborate on just who I'm supposed to ask, since he/she/it apparently knows it exists but refuses to clue me in himself/herself/itself? Just link me in the right direction or something.

Only an idiot would buy 3ds max for wc3. Dl it off a torrent or peer to peer network.

Level 1
Please helpp

I read all the thing u posted here and u said to send message to the guyss that uploaded model of wow...I tryed but didnn't get anyyy reply... if someone had
one, can he PLEASE give me the link, or send me this program????? THXXX :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.