1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Screenshots from Hunter

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by BallisticTerrain, Apr 20, 2013.

1. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Uploaded the full thread to modeling and animation, but thought some of the better screens would belong here too.
    These are screenshots from the map I use to test models for my project.
    All made by me in 3DS Max 10 and exported with NeoDex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shapy

Shapy

Resources:
    Resources:
    i do like the models !

just few suggestions:

- terrain is to flat, you should make i a bit different higher/lower the terrain.
    - also u might can add some roots to the trees
    - the houses look basic might use some doodads to make them more unique. Like torches/barrels/ and stuff

+ rep for the good model work u did

3. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Where did you get the models?? Dammit cool ;0 ;0

4. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The terrains are great but if you are still open for improvements on your terrain.
    Here are some suggestions to make your terrain better:

-The doodads and destructibles you used are very pretty but still the terrain is very flat. I suggest using Raise/Lower Tools to make different variations to the ground itself.

-The terrain looks dry... sort of. I suggest mixing grass with dirt to make the ground a bit pretty because one tile just makes the terrain not that pretty.

-I suggest not spamming doodads that much. Go for mixing tiles and putting doodads. That'll make it better.

So far, thats my suggestion for your terrain.The terrain is pretty as I say but you can make it more by making the tiles not that dry and also making different variations to the ground. +2 REP for showing these!

5. EmoBrother

EmoBrother

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh man, these are cool
    ^.^
    + REP

6. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agreed....

7. Lordkoon

Lordkoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    The wooden stump texture on the first screenshot looks horribly unwrapped/stretched.

8. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You mean the one right up in front of your face?
    Yeah. Thats part of the bridge.
    You can't see it in game so I didn't deem it worthy enough to be fixed.
    I also found out that mdlvis was messing up my normals when converting to mdx, so several of the models here have messed up shading.
    Generally all of these are out of date.
    See my thread in the modeling and animation section for more up to date screens.