• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SCMDraft 2 Keeps Crashing. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I am making a map using the latest version of SCMDraft 2 for SC:Remastered. I have noticed there are some new features since the relaunch and I am looking forward to what I could do with what I believe is the most powerful SC Mapmaking tool. However, the client keeps crashing at random times for me and it keeps giving me a yes/no pop-up window that states: "Something bad happened. Would you like to save a Diagnostic File?" then it closes SCMDraft without autosaving progress. Sometimes this happens when I just open up a map, or happens while I am hours in and I forget to save.

Regardless, I am on edge and fearful to work on my current map because how unpredictable these crashes are. I do notice that it happens whenever I hold the Ctrl button for hotkeys. I wonder if the feature with showing healthbars w/ Ctrl is pushes the engine's limitations or some other thing affiliated with the button. This used to not be a problem with the previous version of SCMDraft I used about 5 years ago.

Please let me know what I can do to make sure it doesn't crash again, whether it's something I tweak in my mannerisms or with the engine itself. I am considering using an older version of SCMDraft, but it misses some of the cool new features the current one has that just quickens things for me.

Level 6
Doesn't matter, the most recent build that was put up crashes like crazy and SI doesn't know why yet. So you can use it and try to save crashdumps to help him out, or you can use a stable version until he figures out what went wrong and patches it.

Level 4
Just an update. I have not had a single crashing issue when I focused on just using the mouse for editing (no Ctrl commands). This does suck in that I cannot speed things up at the risk of crashing and I prefer to know what specifically about Ctrl-Commands affects the crash. I tried multiple versions of the program including 0.8.0, 0.9.0, and the latest alpha. 0.8.0 seems to not have problems with Ctrl commands but crashes for other reasons that I have not been able to figure out. The working solution I have at the moment is to not use the keyboard when making in-map edits since it never crashes while editing map properties/triggers. Thank you for giving me ideas. I hope to update this when I figure out more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.