• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scarlet Lasher

Update 1: permission from the model creator is granted now. Transformed high elf to human.
Update 2: Sxar kindly provided me with a modified version, which now includes eyelids and better ears.

Description:
A whip bearing unit of the Scarlet Crusade.

Background:
In 2014 I found myself in need of a semi-ranged unit with a whip for the scarlet crusade map I was working on at that time. So I took that model and partially modified the original skin made by Tarrasque, so that it would fit the concept. Later on, after mutual agreement, Peacegetter produced a wonderful total conversion of the model, creating Sally Whitemane for his own project (last screenshot). Eventually, Sxar helped me out correcting and tweaking the 'lasher' version of the skin that you can download here.

Keywords:
Scarlet Crusade, Tarrasque, Sxar, Peacegetter, Lasher, Whip, High Elf, Sally Whitemane
Previews
Contents

Scarlet Lasher (Texture)

Reviews
02:09, 26th Sep 2014 Kwaliti: There's some disparity within the reds, most notably between the chest piece (less saturated) and the loincloth (more saturated). You might want to adjust that, and make the hair less blurry before I approve this...

M

02:09, 26th Sep 2014
Kwaliti:

There's some disparity within the reds, most notably between the chest piece (less saturated) and the loincloth (more saturated). You might want to adjust that, and make the hair less blurry before I approve this.

04:48, 16th Feb 2016
~Nightmare: The hair is blurry. Eyes are weird and the face anatomy is a bit not real looking.

07:45, 15th Sep 2016
Heinvers: Even though you haven't improved it further given the feedback I provided, I will approve this. However, you are free to update it further whenever you feel like it needs more love.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Not bad but...where is the model?

Level 7
Definitely looks awesome, if a bit blurry. I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but the eyes are wild crazy. Now, that might fit well for a fanatic, but boy does it just frighten me

Level 15
Perhaps but for that to happen, I would require him to make a huge overhaul to the overall skin to make it seem like here.
Either that or changing his model choice to best fit the criteria needed for such a feat of conversion.

Yep, we are right, but we can start with something like that. This is right now a usefull "young" Sally Skin for Tarrasque's model.

Will grant it approval after he fixes the previously mentioned parts:

I think that you need to clear up the skirt and legs areas a bit. They're too heavy on detail and instead need some texture features to make them more clear.

And, on top of that, the hair needs a bit of definition. e.g strands of hair with slightly different hue and shapes.
Right now, it is heavily blob-like in form and color.

Level 15
I tought to add the hat from Almirant Proudmoore then reskin the hat but my skill still being too poor, so when the model get animation the head and hat go to diferent sections (maybe bones or attachment I don't know how to work with them yet). The Whip must change too for a priest staff too.

Level 8
I suggest change the post name to "Sally Withemane" due she looks A LOT like her and we have no Skin/model of Withemane in hive. File:High Inquisitor Whitemane TCG.jpg - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft
Peacegetter has actually produced a Sally Whitemane conversion of this model (roughly based off my skin, but he did great job, I would've never achieved what he did) and intended to use it in one of his projects.
Here's the link for the map I found after some research:
WiP [Reborn] Release 1.1 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com
and that's what the model looks like in-game:

So the job is done and there's no need to produce a spin-off :p

Or, alternatively we could ask him for permission to improve his version xD

Finally, I could ask him if he approves of uploading his model here under combined Tarrasque's and his authorship.

Attachments

• Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited: