• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Scale of units - Modify all object data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This is a modification IN THE SCALE OF ALL UNITS!!!!!! (IDEA and DONE)
Mitcss - All object Data Warcraft TFT 2.6 a

I make this modification Alone! Is a moddification in Data in world editor that makes all the units in natural size in comparassion to buildings. I pratically altered all the units, doodads, abillities, destructibles, etc. I do this changing scale, shadow size, speed, selection scale, etcc........... and note, I substitute some units to others, like creeps that are repeateble.

There is a lot of work (999999 hours work) that i made some years ago and I have forgotten and I decided to post.

I'm just donating this moddification, bcouse in all means, you can pick the data (ALL OBJECT DATA), if I post in other ways.
You can use this object data do place in ALL custom maps what you want, but if the map have tooo many modications and custom units, will not work well.

(for Frozen Throne patch 2.6 a)

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS.
:fp: YOU PEOPLE PLEASE, TELL ME WHOW I POST THE FILE HERE!
Share with everyone!!! But please give a bit credit to me -> { Mitcss }
HERE IMAGES IN MY ALBUM!!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/115726797201943050600/6DeDezembroDe2011

Level 1
What is it that you want to upload? If it is a map, try this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?p=modify&do=upload
Alternatively, you could attach them to your post (there's an option for it if you scroll down) or upload it into file sharing site (rapidshare, mediafire, etc.) and post the link here. I recommend to just use the link I give though.

I've seen your pictures and I'd say those are neat modifications you've made.
I hope they look good in action too since adjusting the animation speed is very frustrating.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Basically (as far as I can tell) he just re-sized all of the units and doodads so that a footman isn't the size of a farm.

Level 26
Point? Not only that it will be hardly the case that you use so many standard objects but also "adjusting units to buildings for natural sizes" is very subjective. This means that there should be at least a global factor that you can set in order to match a map's natural scale.

The amount of hours you put in is obviously exaggerated as Wc3 is old but not that old. However, I believe you that it needed much time and work in case you actually did this manually. This would have been unnecessary and error-prone though as a little script could have done the same.

Level 2
{First, sorry for my english, you knou}
Let me explain,
But I think the images explain that "mod", don't you think?!?

I edited de "all object data" in world editor. I do this changing, for example, footman scale, to be smaller, and by this way, real size in relation whith all buildings like towers, farms (all) , or others. I do this with all units. BUT not only the size: i changed, shadow scale, ranges, units rings, pathing, walk speed, projectile height/impact, etcc..... and i increase the time of contruction of buildings, a bit.

I in that time 4 years before, don't think in scripts or something like that.
But I made in all units and doodoasds manually. Well I knew how to change this way...

anyway i'm only posting this, the gameplay in fact changes, yuwll need to play.

Were i can post the file???? (becouse i posted in "Maps" section, and the file is removed, becous the map has not great changes...
And how here in Forum i can atach a file?

The file is named:

Mitcss_All_object_Data_Warcraft_TFT2.6a.w3o

You can replace a custom map in world editor, and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.