• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 War3HD Dread Lord

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello :) I bring to you guys this model ripped by me, the dreadlord, I made some Improvements to his world model, like re-worked how the shoulder pads moves and the hands glow because the original was misplaced, I worked hard on the animations to make them feel natural, also I adjusted the camera of the portrait, I reduced the chin size and edited the ears to make them look like the original dreadlord and not like nosferatu, hope you like this work, enjoy!!

Texture path is: textures\war3hd_herodreadlord.blp

Model by blizzard, thanks taylormouse for plugins

if you like my work you can support me :D
Previews
Contents

SC2 War3HD Dread Lord (Model)

Portrait (Model)

So what was the problem blizzard make purist design like this one (well the face could be more like wc3), but go more polygons and more stylized armor and parts , more 3d etc keepign those proportions.

As far as i know, those wings are the most accurate , in shape size and position! And design is simple and it even has gradient alike spread tc on texture (reforged never heard of it)

I am not against high poly, i like high poly, its just 40 000 for grunt is nonsense ofc.

Level 17
So what was the problem blizzard make purist design like this one (well the face could be more like wc3), but go more polygons and more stylized armor and parts , more 3d etc keepign those proportions.

As far as i know, those wings are the most accurate , in shape size and position! And design is simple and it even has gradient alike spread tc on texture (reforged never heard of it)

I am not against high poly, i like high poly, its just 40 000 for grunt is nonsense ofc.
Timeless art doesn't need 40K polygons :grin:
these 2-5K poly models look just fine 🆗

Timeless art doesn't need 40K polygons :grin:
these 2-5K poly models look just fine 🆗
7-12k for creatures
12-17k for units
17-27k max for mounted

is not a sin in 2021 year with well done texturing work like wow does.

Actually Storm is Coming mod models which they use Hots as base have a bit higher poly count.
Fore example their Rexxar is 12k, Garithos 28k
While some wow models has lower poly counts (but wow kinda has more stylized texture work,while hots has more well shaped sculpts for rts)

Anyways, portrait head-shoulder part can always be higher poly count than head-shoulder part in regular model, for full pleasure(cause there would be no model parts below)

Level 17
7-12k for creatures
12-17k for units
17-27k max for mounted

is not a sin in 2021 year with well done texturing work like wow does.

Actually Storm is Coming mod models which they use Hots as base have a bit higher poly count.
Fore example their Rexxar is 12k, Garithos 28k
While some wow models has lower poly counts (but wow kinda has more stylized texture work,while hots has more well shaped sculpts for rts)

Anyways, portrait head-shoulder part can always be higher poly count than head-shoulder part in regular model, for full pleasure(cause there would be no model parts below)
Those are still too high, also please dont say 2021, Reforged project was rooted in late 2017 in inception, and as an RTS being remastered for an older audience it should work just fine on 2018 graphics cards atleast and 4 years older atleast. this is basic standards, even though the numbers i bring up are my own. and by "working just fine" i mean running on 100FPS with no issues.

War3 is also an RTS not a moba like hots so by default it should have more stylized thoguht process behind its visuals not aging instead of dumping more polygons on the screen.

Level 17
You forgot the canine teeth.
True also i'll add this as a feedback i think he handled Team colours better here, iv'e been getting some feedbacks from people that some of the other versions you did have too bright TC.

if its as easy as i think it is for classic models then just dump some 10%opacity black brush on some of the TC texture areas and you'll be fine. 😛