• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Official pricing and release dates have not been announced by Blizzard. Price and release date listed are estimates only and subject to change. Worry Free Guarantee - if the price decreases between the time you place your preorder and the release date, you’ll receive the lower of the two.

It's just an estimate. I'm pretty sure it will change, but be in that general time zone.

Level 13
Internet shops usually just set a random release date, which shouldn't be trusted. That is most likely just guessed from the facts that Blizz said in an interview that SC 2 won't be coming out this year (2007) and at blizzcon some employees said that the game is getting pretty ready and finished and it would come out in the beginning of the year 2008.

Level 13
Gamestop wouldnt just blatantly guess the release date of any game. they probably had an estimate from blizz. Has anyone else found similiar sites with release dates ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Blizzard makes greeat games, and great games often take time and are known to overshoot release dates. Thus a reasonable estimation is Q1 2008. But it is more lightly they will actually release globaly in Q2 2008.

Who knows, blizzard might suprise us all with an early release but do not count on it.

Level 34
They would hardly cancel a game that is near completion and is undergoing the last finishing touches that would make them millions. If they did it would make them the stupidist company in the world and blizzard is not.

That's exactly what happened to Starcraft Ghost! Although there were problems with the producers, and as HeretoDLstuff said there was another company working on the game, I think Blizz bought them out or something, there was complications anyways.

Level 13
Nay, they simply went through about 5 publishers, then Blizz said fuck it and cancelled it. I think another company MIGHT have helped but as i said the game was DONE but just was never released.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, most of SC ghost was made my a seperate company under blizzards orders which latter they brought out. But vivendi games refused to publish let it be published, and orders were orders (vivendi games owns blizzard) so they decided to cancel it. This does not mean it will never be finished but I think they moved all their teams onto SC2 which trust me, will be a lot more profitable than SC ghost would be.

Actually, most of SC ghost was made my a seperate company under blizzards orders which latter they brought out. But vivendi games refused to publish let it be published, and orders were orders (vivendi games owns blizzard) so they decided to cancel it. This does not mean it will never be finished but I think they moved all their teams onto SC2 which trust me, will be a lot more profitable than SC ghost would be.
Yeah...I thought I heard somthing like that but I couldnt remember exactly what it was so I didnt say anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.