• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 MotherShip Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bylur SC2 blog presents:

Mothership.gif

For those of you who
like animated gifs !

This blog was made as a special request for "Red_Baron" who wanted a blog about protoss story. Unfortunately for me, there is no content on protoss history outside the Blizzard Official forum, and even so, getting any additional information was quite hard.

A long time ago Blizzard released a mini-novel called "MotherShip". I could tell you what it is about, but I believe that the title says it all.

249d1271168882t-capture.png

Main image of the story

The story begins with Erekul feeling the deep suffering of his people and entering in the console room.

Blizzard said:
The zerg would be in soon. They tore at the door, the walls, the ceiling. Erekul could feel the other high templar, his brothers and sisters, fighting and dying. Buying him precious seconds. He closed his eyes; the Khala pulsed within. The collective thoughts and feelings of his people were filled with chaos, terror, and pain.

And so, the story begins, you can check the mini-novel right here:
StarCraft II MotherShip

As many of you already know, the mothership is one of the many units already implemented in StarCraft 2 Beta. In fact, it was so powerful, that it had it's own nerfing patch last month.
One way or another, this heavy unit is still able to carry armies and to finish games:

promotional movie of the story

Here you can see a mothership carrying
an entire protoss army before the nerf

The story was written by Brian Kindregan (as you already saw in the title). There is little information about this writer except that he wrote some stories for other well known games such as "The Jade Empire" and the recent game "Mass Effect 2".

Brian seems to excel himself in story making for films, some of his most famous works include the animation series "Johnny Bravo - A Johnny Bravo Christmas" and "The Lion King 1½".

Unfortunately I was not able to retrieve a photo of this artist, but you can get more information about him here at IMDB:
Brian Kindregan

In my opinion Brian seems to be a small writer with popular work but a (very) unpopular name, and few people seem to know who he is. I think he can use Blizzard to launch his professional life in a new level and he can even some good content to the SC2 saga. What do you think?

good, but soe of your images don't work and the layout seems messy.
For some reason I also had a few problems with the images on Bylur. I don't know why. I guess I can only use images from the internet and not from my HDD.

As for the layout, I had a few problems importing this from Bylur to THW. I am open to any suggestions you might have.

Thx for reading !

Give it a more solid title
I think that "SC2 MotherShip Story" is a pretty solid title, having in mind the blog is about the story of the mothership. I can't think of a more solid title. What title would you chose?

, give clearly defined areas for text and give images captions.
Wermmm, the blog has images and I also have text. I don't understand what you mean. Perhaps an example ?

Youtube videos should also be captoned and/or described for those with dialup.
dialup ? So, basically I need to describe the video for those who have a slow connection. This is something I never expected to see (lol). I will try doing it next time.

Give links
I also give a LOT of links (click the colored names). You want more links?
Clearly define different sections.
Well, this is something I don't really agree with. IMO a blog should be something logic where a piece of information follows naturally in order to complete another piece. If I "break everything" the blog will look dysfunctional and a mess of random information.

Thx for the feedback. rep++

What i meant by title was one on the thead, in larger text.
by clarly defined sections, i meant add information sequentially.
I just realized you gave a load of links, silly me, I apologize...
About describing videos, i just meant like a brief (1-3 scentence) description, for people who have a boradband limit, slow connection, or just don't care to follow links.
By defined text areas, i just mean that it seems a bit disorganized. And some of your pics that don't wor should either be removed or fixed. They make it look even messier.

Status
Not open for further replies.