• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New SC2 novel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic: Hey guys, I am a StraCraft 2 blogger in a gaming community called Bylur. My mission is to make simple blogs about SC2 content every week in order to keep the site active. Recently I had the crazy idea, that by sharing my blogs here I could help Bylur and THW as well. I am not sure if this is going to end up well, but at least I am trying something new. I hope you guys like my blogs, and if you feel tempted, you are always welcome at Bylur for more SC2 information and news.

Blizzard is finally adding more content to the SC2 saga. Thanks to the Beta success and huge hype, Blizzard will now be releasing a chapter of a new novel, every week!
This novel called Heaven's Devils will feature the adventures of Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay, two of the main characters in the Blizzard's Terran campaign "Wings of Liberty".

The first chapter is already online and you can check it right here:
http://us.starcraft2.com/features/story/heavensdevils.xml

248d1271065538-capture.png

Image of the cover of "Heaven's Devils"

To get you all started on the novel here is a small quote from the saga:

Blizzard said:
For the poor, hard-working citizens of the Confederacy’s fringe worlds, the Guild Wars have exacted a huge toll. Swayed by the promise of financial rewards, a new batch of recruits joins the fight alongside a slew of mysteriously docile criminals — and a few dubious military leaders. Eighteen-year-old Jim Raynor, full of testosterone and eager to make things right at home, ships off to boot camp and finds his footing on the battlefield, but he soon discovers that the official mission is not what he’s really fighting for.

For the first time ever, StarCraft enthusiasts will learn the origins of the enduring friendship between the young upstart Jim Raynor and the streetwise soldier Tychus Findlay. Watch as they battle on the front lines of a fierce interplanetary war and bear witness to the Confederacy’s rank corruption — corruption so reprehensible that it rains immeasurable death and destruction upon the government’s own people.

The novel is written by William C. Dietz and you can pre-order the limited collector edition of the novel right here for 32$:
https://premierecollectibles.com/heavens_devils

If you don't know who the author is, I strongly recommend you seeing our old friend Wikipedia:
William C. Dietz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6094.jpg

William C. Dietz wrote some of the best sellers from the "Halo" novel, and his main work includes 3 novels of the classic "Star Wars" as well. As a fiction writer, I am really happy to see him working for Blizzard and I personally think that this new novel has everything it needs to be a great story.

So, who is your favourite SC2 writter and why?
Post here and my next blog may be about him! (PS, it must have an SC2 story made and must have not been discussed before on the site :p)

PS: Is there a way to resize images here !? It's quite lame to have such a big image in the thread :p

Level 8
"Why do they call it boot camp? Because if it was called beat your ass Camp, no one would go."

Being in the military myself, that is by far my favorite one. :)
I dont have the book here, im out of the state on military matters, so i cant tell you who exactly said that in the book. But it was one of the qoutes at the beginning of the chapter.

We could ass images :D
Dunno what that was supposed to be.... :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.