• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC Editor limited in abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Isn't it going to kind of suck that in the editor it wont have tons of abilities like in WC3? Each unit only has around 1 ability each, but then there are no hero abilities. Whats going to happen if there arent enough abilities for us to work with..?:sad: also, even if we do trigger based abilities wed still be limited in animations..

Level 13
. . . Campaign heros get special abilities.
We can create new units and new spells.
We can pretty much turn the game into another.
All the SC 1 lost units and abilities will be there.
All the lost abilities and units from SC 2 will be there.

I mean WHAT THE HELL are you expecting!? The SC 1 editor!? They said it will be like WC 3 editor but easier and with more stuff.

Level 13
I sort of agree with tyranid, except on the lost units thing, we have no way of knowing that fact.
Except that Karune(Blizzard Employee, highly involved in SC 2) said on the Battle.net starcraft forums that all the lost units (SC 1 and SC 2) are in the map editor.

Level 13
nice. id like a link or quote if i can get one please, i wana confirm it.
Give me a sec. . . I'll see if I can find that topic (I'll edit it to this post)

*EDIT* FINALLY FOUND IT!
http://www.blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=9409
If you find it here is what he says:
Karune said:
Will there be some old units from StarCraft be included in the Map Editor for StarCraft II?

There will be units included in the Map Editor which will not be in the standard multiplayer skirmish mode. These will include various units from the original StarCraft, such as the Protoss Dragoon.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm sure there are a lot of people familiar with the Warcraft 3 Map Editor.
It is possible to make any ability, do anything. The amount of work it takes varies on what you want it to do.

It's bad to say that you won't have a teeming supply of abilities, because you have any ability you can possibly imagine.

Plus they said the trigger and spell/skill/ability creation systems have more GUI flexability and are more user friendly.

Level 13
Essentialy thats what im getting from blizz, basicly its gona be like the Wc3 editor but with more functions uses and a simpler design, which is nice.

Edit: and to confirm: there are hundreds of people if not thousands that can use the map editor, its really an easy tool to use, the learning curve is just a few days, to figure out how stuff works.

Status
Not open for further replies.