• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] OP Limit for Object Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I heard something about OP Limit for Object Editor. It's when you created too many things in any tab of Object Editor (Unit, Ability, Buff, etc), your WE will begin to crash every time you open that tab. Can someone confirm this for me?

Another question is if the above is true, which would be easier to reach the limit between these 2: An ability with 10 levels and 10 abilities with 1 level? And is there a difference in data usage between those 2 as well?

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I don't think it's humanly possible to manually create enough object data to cause this. Some corrupted data is causing this, not any sort of an "op limit" because it wouldn't even make sense if it existed in WE.
The Object Editor data causing the WE to crash is not realted to OP Limit, because it happens while in the Editor itself, not while ingame. Here is a post where I briefly explain the issue that was encountered by others, not only by myself.

Theorically, there's a 36x36x36 (excluding the first letter, though it's usable but collision dangers) available slot for each tab.
That means 46656 ID available per tab. Well, like you can even create 10000 easily in the first place.

36 = 26 alphabet + 10 letter
I'm uncertain for case, but it seems to be case insensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.