• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

save load problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you have problems with storing all this data, split heroes or other data and create different codes, like a Heroes code and an item code.
If you put all data into one, it is probably too long for the chat log.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
128 letters is how many you can type into the chat bar I am pretty sure.... If you need larger then that then consider optimizing certain values or like Ardenian said... Multiple save/load codes.
Actually I recall it being dependant on the length of the player name who is chatting. I remember encountering problems where people could not enter codes due to long spoofed names.

tq, but when i try it, it only can save 1 hero only :|
I am sure it can save more if you use it to save more. Save/load systems should provide an API to store and recall integers. How many and the meaning of these integers is up to you and usually orientated around the map mechanics.

Do be reasonable when choosing what you want to store. People hate long codes, especially if they have to write them down (local files disabled) so the shorter the better. Storing level, items and hero type are reasonable. Storing position, current health/mana and what temporary summons you have active is not reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.