• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satyr Demon Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I figured I'd make a request.

I saw the wonderful work Hueter did on the Naga Demon Hunter and I got to thinking that a Satyr Demon Hunter would be equally awesome.

If anyone could do it for me, I'd be really grateful.

I know with the reversed knee joints and tail it'll take a little more than a skin job, but I think an awesome skin would be a good start. :p

Level 17
sounds like a challenge...

sadly my last summer holidays in my life (ahhh *crys)
just ended today - and i'm not sure if i have so much time to do skins like befor... but i think - theres always time to make a cool skin ;)

Level 3
Hueter said:
sounds like a challenge...

sadly my last summer holidays in my life (ahhh *crys)
just ended today - and i'm not sure if i have so much time to do skins like befor... but i think - theres always time to make a cool skin ;)

Thanks, I'm a big fan of your work, especially Skull Illidan and the Naga Demon Hunter.

Look at it this way, if you don't have the time do it I'm sure someone else will. :p

Level 3
High_Inquisitor said:
I'll try to make one.... some good practice.... I'm currently working on a full freehand DH based of a hero of mine, "The Crow" I don't think a Satyr DH would be that bad... if CnP is allowed.

Oh CnP is definatly allowed, in fact, encouraged. :p

Level 4
Cut and Paste. Some people frown upon the use of this practice on the board, but they can't see the difference between pure pragmatism and laziness. 8)

Level 3
Personally, I have no problem with CnP. If its done right its very nice, if done badly...well...then you just get crap anyway. :p

I also don't mind recolors, I think the idea and quality of the skin should be taken into account, not how it was created.

Level 17
standart mpq file is the normal roc war3.mpg .. just open the

war3x.mpg

units / nightelf / illidanEvil

there u go

edit: thats what i've done yet:
satyr.jpg

Level 3
That's awesome, man.
The only change I could say is make the horns more Satyr-ish...I don't know why, but they seem off. :p

edit: and the face wraps kinda funny...I don't know how you could fix that though.

Level 3
illadon said:
that wuld be good

I agree. Satyr horns and a tale would be awesome. Or maybe the whole Satyr head, so it doesn't wrap quite as oddly.

Also I think it would be cool to give the Naga Demon Hunter a tail instead of legs, but that's not my request. :p

Level 3
GreyArchon said:
Hhhwell, if Hueter wants me to, I'll edit the model to show the horns appropriately. No tail though, sorry. He can hide that in his pants.

Can't hurt to dream :p

Level 3
Very nice guys. :p
Sorry I was so long to reply, but the forums are being a bit buggy on my computer. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.