• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sanctuary of Champion v0.99

Reactions: Alain.Mark
175927-albums5013-picture50560.png

175927-albums5013-picture50918.png

175927-albums5013-picture50571.png

175927-albums5013-picture50564.png
Version 0.99
Champions
Added a new Champion (Gravity Seer)

Added a new Champion (The Torrent)

Ancient Guardian
- Strength gain from 3 to 2.5
- Intelligence gain from 1 to 1.5
- Taunt replaced by Forest Sentry

Trun creates a Sentry tree that lasts for 10 seconds.
When a enemy unit passes it, it will turn into a Treant and attack the enemy unit for 5 seconds.
This Treant deals 25/50/75 normal damage.

Cooldown: 25
Manacost: 125

- Thorned Protection can now be cast on allies
- Thorned Protection armor from 4/8/12 to 4/6/8
- Thorned Protection damage from 90/180/270 to 80/160/240
- Nature's Blessing remade

Trun's aura regenerates nearby allied units.
Replenishes 10/15/20 hitpoints and mana every 3 seconds to allied units in a 450 AOE.

Blood Priest
- Renew replaced by Blood Spike

Tak'dul uses 10% of his hitpoints to heal a target allied unit for 100% of the hitpoints lost.
Enemy units close to the healed unit take 75/100/125% of the hitpoints used as damage.

Cooldown: 8
Manacost: 0

Dragon Whelp
- Agility base from 25 to 30
- Intelligence base from 25 to 20
- Blaze replaced by Breath of Flame

Pyre breathes a wave of fire, dealing 60/120/180 damage in a cone

Cooldown: 8
Manacost: 140

- Eternal Burning replaced by Dragon Spit

Pyre spits at a target enemy unit, slowing it's movement speed by 50% for 3/4/5 seconds.

Cooldown: 12
Manacost: 140

- Frightful Pressence replaced by Eternal Flame

Grants Pyre a 15/20/25% chance to reset his cooldowns upon casting Breath of Flame
Does not reset the cooldown of Magic Flames

Moon Maiden
- Prayer armor decrease from 25 to 10
- Prayer magic resistance decrease from 25% to 15%

Paladin
- Exorcism replaced by Guidance

Blesses allied units in a target area, causing them to deal 40/80/120 bonus magic damage on their next attack.

Cooldown: 15
Manacost: 100

- Battle Shout replaced by Retribution

Marks a target enemy Champion for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, the Mark deals 1.5x the damage the marked Champion dealt back to it.

Cooldown: 100
Manacost: 180

Bugs
- Armored Fur tooltip now says the armor bonus is lost upon death.
- Fixed map description saying SoC was turn-based, not round-based.

175927-albums5013-picture50561.png

This map is Protected

Keywords:
Arena, Sanctuary, Fusion, Champions, Hero, Rounds
Contents

Sanctuary of Champion v0.99 (Map)

Reviews
19:54, 7th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Update: Re-moderating with reviews: Orcnet's review: Sanctuary of Champions (v0.97b) Rating System: RatingNumberPercentLetter 5/591-100A RatingNumberPercentLetter 4/581-90%B...

M

19:54, 7th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael: Status: Approved
Update: Re-moderating with reviews:
Orcnet's review:
Map Review
Sanctuary of Champions (v0.97b)

Rating System:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

As I start matching up with people in the game, I realize this hero arena was actually straight on in the fight, likewise with other hero arenas were their are creep camps and 1v1 hero time event, this map is only to show face to face action rather than earning and pawning with strategies.

I also notice the item shops were quite helpful and monotone at the same time, maybe because it can help beginners start of with basic provisions instead of the early item builds like some maps would differ. other than that, the round by round lasting times would open these shops and get a better item to work on.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

As I've expected "Sanctuary" means "consecrated spot". the terrain features like a stage instead of a monastery or such mansion wonders that would attract players to urge on the fight. but since the map's gameplay was on the spotlight for firstblood. I would decide myself that the terrain is okay or great.

the outside sightings of it looks more a small forest if the host would manage to set this in visible, I wonder if that can also fill in the battlefield and not the design of the map.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

With just a quick check-up of the game, I find this map good to play, since the game was fast or time-eating entertainment at a registered dialog. it also provide the player their battle status, text message hints, and round up item shops that won't overpower beginners in their start of play.

players don't need to doubt anymore for resources, since the game management gives players gold every end of the round so they won't suffer resource harassment loss in some other maps. also this game only use gold as resources instead of lumber and recipe systems.

Total Score:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Kael's review:
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/07 20:43:52
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 3/5 Acceptable
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Review:

Gameplay:

The 4 game modes are really neat, nothing original, but what you've done with this map is combine 4 different game types into one, making it really fun and not repetitive.
There are also 2 settings, casual and competitive allowing for more options.
There's a nice variety of heroes, however their spells aren't really custom and not that flashy or anything, the Lightning Warlock only has one custom spell and purge has never been a cool and really good feeling spell.
Originality-wise it really isn't anything special, but the map can still be fun.
The different item shops are also a neat idea, you're not giving the player too many items to buy right at the start, so anyone knows what to buy at the start.

Terrain:

It looks like an arena, like it should, although the outside area is kinda random, maybe put a city around it with people watching you.
You can't really judge the terrain well, but it does the job and is polished.

Other:

Would be nice if the hotkeys were bound to QWER.

Overall:

A really well executed arena map, very polished and a lot of fun to play, but originality-wise and terrain-wise not so special.

Kael's rating+Orcnet's rating: (3+4)/2: 3.5 -> 4.0

Level 5
the "unprotected" version you atached is not an unprotected version ... it just crash when trying to open ... alot of guys like you here wich says unprotected version check triggers to make download and bam bam a big dick just another protected version...

Level 17
the "unprotected" version you atached is not an unprotected version ... it just crash when trying to open ... alot of guys like you here wich says unprotected version check triggers to make download and bam bam a big dick just another protected version...

Got issues? The unprotected version is outdated anyway.. play the real deal!

Level 30
Map Review
Sanctuary of Champions (v0.97b)

Rating System:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

As I start matching up with people in the game, I realize this hero arena was actually straight on in the fight, likewise with other hero arenas were their are creep camps and 1v1 hero time event, this map is only to show face to face action rather than earning and pawning with strategies.

I also notice the item shops were quite helpful and monotone at the same time, maybe because it can help beginners start of with basic provisions instead of the early item builds like some maps would differ. other than that, the round by round lasting times would open these shops and get a better item to work on.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

As I've expected "Sanctuary" means "consecrated spot". the terrain features like a stage instead of a monastery or such mansion wonders that would attract players to urge on the fight. but since the map's gameplay was on the spotlight for firstblood. I would decide myself that the terrain is okay or great.

the outside sightings of it looks more a small forest if the host would manage to set this in visible, I wonder if that can also fill in the battlefield and not the design of the map.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

With just a quick check-up of the game, I find this map good to play, since the game was fast or time-eating entertainment at a registered dialog. it also provide the player their battle status, text message hints, and round up item shops that won't overpower beginners in their start of play.

players don't need to doubt anymore for resources, since the game management gives players gold every end of the round so they won't suffer resource harassment loss in some other maps. also this game only use gold as resources instead of lumber and recipe systems.

Total Score:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 13

I only got to play one round (which was 'respawn' mode) before the other 3 players left.

For 2 players the altar had too much life and the respawn time was too short..
Thus it took ages to lower the hit points of the enemy altar -> people left.
It might be better with 4 players though, idk.

The terrain is unusually nice for a hero arena, I really enjoyed it.

The balancing amongst the chosen heroes was also good.

Going to play again now :)

//Edit: Played it again (3v3)
It was a lot of fun this time, the game modes are really good.
'Respawn' mode is better later in the game when the heroes have more damage, so I suggest u adjust the hit points of the altar to 1) the number of players and 2) the hero level.

Then I found a small bug: The item 'Fefala's Spellblade' costs 2800, which is the total costs and not the recipe cost.

And probably some balancing issues (but I'm not sure, maybe the other team's players just sucked):
The healing wave hero (forgot the name) seems to be a little OP due to his damage returning shield. Especially on 'assassinate' mode it was a very powerful spell.
But on the other hand the players of the other team just kept attacking the buffed hero so it was kind of their fault..

And then one of them left and there didn't seem to be any kind of balance for that so they had no chance for the rest of the game.

Anyway I had my fun. 4/5 for now.

PS: Some screenshots in the presentation would be nice. (Maybe more people DL then)

Last edited:
Level 17

I only got to play one round (which was 'respawn' mode) before the other 3 players left.

For 2 players the altar had too much life and the respawn time was too short..
Thus it took ages to lower the hit points of the enemy altar -> people left.
It might be better with 4 players though, idk.

The terrain is unusually nice for a hero arena, I really enjoyed it.

The balancing amongst the chosen heroes was also good.

Going to play again now :)

//Edit: Played it again (3v3)
It was a lot of fun this time, the game modes are really good.
'Respawn' mode is better later in the game when the heroes have more damage, so I suggest u adjust the hit points of the altar to 1) the number of players and 2) the hero level.

Then I found a small bug: The item 'Fefala's Spellblade' costs 2800, which is the total costs and not the recipe cost.

And probably some balancing issues (but I'm not sure, maybe the other team's players just sucked):
The healing wave hero (forgot the name) seems to be a little OP due to his damage returning shield. Especially on 'assassinate' mode it was a very powerful spell.
But on the other hand the players of the other team just kept attacking the buffed hero so it was kind of their fault..

And then one of them left and there didn't seem to be any kind of balance for that so they had no chance for the rest of the game.

Anyway I had my fun. 4/5 for now.

PS: Some screenshots in the presentation would be nice. (Maybe more people DL then)

I have to say 'thank you' for reviewing my project, it's hard to get anything started these days, but your comment lifted my spirit!

Okay on to the actual review:
1) The Altar's hp has been a discussion subject for some time and it will be adjusted properly before version 1.00 comes out, right now I'm just adding Champions and Items and making sure everything is bug free.

2) Your tooltip error was noted and I will take care of it!

3) Balancing champions at this stage is hard because, like you said, players are new. They see Troll Priest's shield and don't quite get what it does yet, actual gameplay and balance will form when more people play it on a regular base, any major imbalances are removed as soon as I find them though

4) Players of the team that has a leaver will get "200+(Champion Level x 25)" gold to compensate, other than that they are doomed. Not a big fan of DotA's switch function since it usually ruins the game more than balances it. Just make sure you have no leavers!

5) I am going to make a video and screenshots once I do hit version 1.00, I don't like advertising with media that can still be changed before version 1.00.
For instance, I can make a video where a Champions uses War Stomp, then decide to replace War Stomp with Thunder Clap before version 1.00, causing the video to give a wrong impression

Thanks for reviewing my project, and I surely hope you will keep on playing and enjoying it!

Review:

Gameplay:

The 4 game modes are really neat, nothing original, but what you've done with this map is combine 4 different game types into one, making it really fun and not repetitive.
There are also 2 settings, casual and competitive allowing for more options.
There's a nice variety of heroes, however their spells aren't really custom and not that flashy or anything, the Lightning Warlock only has one custom spell and purge has never been a cool and really good feeling spell.
Originality-wise it really isn't anything special, but the map can still be fun.
The different item shops are also a neat idea, you're not giving the player too many items to buy right at the start, so anyone knows what to buy at the start.

Terrain:

It looks like an arena, like it should, although the outside area is kinda random, maybe put a city around it with people watching you.
You can't really judge the terrain well, but it does the job and is polished.

Other:

Would be nice if the hotkeys were bound to QWER.

Overall:

A really well executed arena map, very polished and a lot of fun to play, but originality-wise and terrain-wise not so special.

Rating: 3/5

Level 17
Gold, gold, gold!
With some testing, and a huge break behind us, we concluded that gaining money in Sanctuary of Champions isn't the easiest of tasks, so we thought up some changes that will be added in our, delayed, version 1.00!

Last Man Standing
Dying is never a good feeling, being the last one on your team is even worse. Last Man Standing is a status gained by
the last alive player on your team, and it makes all the kills you make worth 200% of the initial worth, and upon
being killed your death will only be worth 50%. We hope that this new system will create a scene where the last player
alive will struggle 'till death.

Changes to First Blood!
With the new Last Man Standing system, we decided to change the First Blood gold bonus from a solid amount to 150%
of what the hero would be worth initially. This will lower the amount on the first rounds, but with the new system
First Blood! will be possible every round.

Furthermore, if you want to keep in touch with our development, we created a twitter account just for you! Find us at www.twitter.com/SoCDevTeam

I hope you guys are as excited about the upcoming features as we are!

Level 7
I really enjoy simple and fun maps like this. I like the terrain it's simple but aesthetically ok, unlike maps that boasts terrain so much, that terrain is the only important thing in it (therefore it becomes an overkill XD). This 5/5 for an epic simplicity, and oh i also like the hero synergy. :3

edit: the terrain needs to be altered a little for additional juking chances

Last edited: