1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sanctuary of Champion v0.99

Submitted by Raging Ent
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Version 0.99
Champions
Added a new Champion (Gravity Seer)

Added a new Champion (The Torrent)

Ancient Guardian
- Strength gain from 3 to 2.5
- Intelligence gain from 1 to 1.5
- Taunt replaced by Forest Sentry
Forest Sentry

Trun creates a Sentry tree that lasts for 10 seconds.
When a enemy unit passes it, it will turn into a Treant and attack the enemy unit for 5 seconds.
This Treant deals 25/50/75 normal damage.

Cooldown: 25
Manacost: 125

- Thorned Protection can now be cast on allies
- Thorned Protection armor from 4/8/12 to 4/6/8
- Thorned Protection damage from 90/180/270 to 80/160/240
- Nature's Blessing remade
Nature's Blessing

Trun's aura regenerates nearby allied units.
Replenishes 10/15/20 hitpoints and mana every 3 seconds to allied units in a 450 AOE.

Blood Priest
- Renew replaced by Blood Spike
Blood Spike

Tak'dul uses 10% of his hitpoints to heal a target allied unit for 100% of the hitpoints lost.
Enemy units close to the healed unit take 75/100/125% of the hitpoints used as damage.

Cooldown: 8
Manacost: 0

Dragon Whelp
- Agility base from 25 to 30
- Intelligence base from 25 to 20
- Blaze replaced by Breath of Flame
Breath of Flame

Pyre breathes a wave of fire, dealing 60/120/180 damage in a cone

Cooldown: 8
Manacost: 140

- Eternal Burning replaced by Dragon Spit
Dragon Spit

Pyre spits at a target enemy unit, slowing it's movement speed by 50% for 3/4/5 seconds.

Cooldown: 12
Manacost: 140

- Frightful Pressence replaced by Eternal Flame
Eternal Flame

Grants Pyre a 15/20/25% chance to reset his cooldowns upon casting Breath of Flame
Does not reset the cooldown of Magic Flames

Moon Maiden
- Prayer armor decrease from 25 to 10
- Prayer magic resistance decrease from 25% to 15%

Paladin
- Exorcism replaced by Guidance
Guidance

Blesses allied units in a target area, causing them to deal 40/80/120 bonus magic damage on their next attack.

Cooldown: 15
Manacost: 100

- Battle Shout replaced by Retribution
Retribution

Marks a target enemy Champion for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, the Mark deals 1.5x the damage the marked Champion dealt back to it.

Cooldown: 100
Manacost: 180

Bugs
- Armored Fur tooltip now says the armor bonus is lost upon death.
- Fixed map description saying SoC was turn-based, not round-based.

[​IMG]
This map is Protected

Keywords:
Arena, Sanctuary, Fusion, Champions, Hero, Rounds
Contents

Sanctuary of Champion v0.99 (Map)

Reviews
19:54, 7th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved Update: Re-moderating with reviews: Orcnet's review: Sanctuary of Champions (v0.97b) Rating System: Rating[c]Number[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A...
  1. 19:54, 7th Sep 2011
    Vengeancekael: Status: Approved
    Update: Re-moderating with reviews:
    Orcnet's review:
    Map Review
    Sanctuary of Champions (v0.97b)

Rating System:

Rating Number Percent Letter
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As I start matching up with people in the game, I realize this hero arena was actually straight on in the fight, likewise with other hero arenas were their are creep camps and 1v1 hero time event, this map is only to show face to face action rather than earning and pawning with strategies.

I also notice the item shops were quite helpful and monotone at the same time, maybe because it can help beginners start of with basic provisions instead of the early item builds like some maps would differ. other than that, the round by round lasting times would open these shops and get a better item to work on.

Terrain

As I've expected "Sanctuary" means "consecrated spot". the terrain features like a stage instead of a monastery or such mansion wonders that would attract players to urge on the fight. but since the map's gameplay was on the spotlight for firstblood. I would decide myself that the terrain is okay or great.

the outside sightings of it looks more a small forest if the host would manage to set this in visible, I wonder if that can also fill in the battlefield and not the design of the map.

Managing

With just a quick check-up of the game, I find this map good to play, since the game was fast or time-eating entertainment at a registered dialog. it also provide the player their battle status, text message hints, and round up item shops that won't overpower beginners in their start of play.

players don't need to doubt anymore for resources, since the game management gives players gold every end of the round so they won't suffer resource harassment loss in some other maps. also this game only use gold as resources instead of lumber and recipe systems.

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 10/15 83% B

Kael's review:
    [​IMG] Date: 2011/Oct/07 20:43:52
    Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
    Rating: 3/5 Acceptable
    Rep Received: 0
    Reasons:
    Other:
    If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
    If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
    Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Review:

Gameplay:

The 4 game modes are really neat, nothing original, but what you've done with this map is combine 4 different game types into one, making it really fun and not repetitive.
    There are also 2 settings, casual and competitive allowing for more options.
    There's a nice variety of heroes, however their spells aren't really custom and not that flashy or anything, the Lightning Warlock only has one custom spell and purge has never been a cool and really good feeling spell.
    Originality-wise it really isn't anything special, but the map can still be fun.
    The different item shops are also a neat idea, you're not giving the player too many items to buy right at the start, so anyone knows what to buy at the start.

Terrain:

It looks like an arena, like it should, although the outside area is kinda random, maybe put a city around it with people watching you.
    You can't really judge the terrain well, but it does the job and is polished.

Other:

Would be nice if the hotkeys were bound to QWER.

Overall:

A really well executed arena map, very polished and a lot of fun to play, but originality-wise and terrain-wise not so special.

Kael's rating+Orcnet's rating: (3+4)/2: 3.5 -> 4.0

2. RehSinP

RehSinP

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems nice add more stuff though. I'll check your triggering later XD 4/5

3. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The published version is Protected

However, if, for moderation or learning/complaining you guys want to see the triggers, download the version attached to this post!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  4. RehSinP

RehSinP

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright

5. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Paste it, since you cant upload it twice

6. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unprotected version is added in my first reply!

7. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Support ai?

8. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not one of my main concerns, I make this map for players, not for AI.

Sorry if this sounds too cruel, and if someone comes along that wants to make a AI version of my map I will gladly give him unprotected versions, but for now...

9. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    It's just because i cant test it if its not able to get played alone :s

10. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could ask me to host it on battle.net ;)

11. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i be capable to test it.

12. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Uhm, okay!

13. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A new version is out!

And feel free to comment on the new presentation below!

14. switchtotems

switchtotems

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the "unprotected" version you atached is not an unprotected version ... it just crash when trying to open ... alot of guys like you here wich says unprotected version check triggers to make download and bam bam a big dick just another protected version...

15. Raging Ent

Raging Ent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Got issues? The unprotected version is outdated anyway.. play the real deal!

16. Death_lcnight

Death_lcnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    No title :p

Really nice map , but it still needs some balance though
    and needs some int items as well

17. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Thread cleaned.
    Map approved.

18. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map Review
    Sanctuary of Champions (v0.97b)

Rating System:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

As I start matching up with people in the game, I realize this hero arena was actually straight on in the fight, likewise with other hero arenas were their are creep camps and 1v1 hero time event, this map is only to show face to face action rather than earning and pawning with strategies.

I also notice the item shops were quite helpful and monotone at the same time, maybe because it can help beginners start of with basic provisions instead of the early item builds like some maps would differ. other than that, the round by round lasting times would open these shops and get a better item to work on.

Terrain

As I've expected "Sanctuary" means "consecrated spot". the terrain features like a stage instead of a monastery or such mansion wonders that would attract players to urge on the fight. but since the map's gameplay was on the spotlight for firstblood. I would decide myself that the terrain is okay or great.

the outside sightings of it looks more a small forest if the host would manage to set this in visible, I wonder if that can also fill in the battlefield and not the design of the map.

Managing

With just a quick check-up of the game, I find this map good to play, since the game was fast or time-eating entertainment at a registered dialog. it also provide the player their battle status, text message hints, and round up item shops that won't overpower beginners in their start of play.

players don't need to doubt anymore for resources, since the game management gives players gold every end of the round so they won't suffer resource harassment loss in some other maps. also this game only use gold as resources instead of lumber and recipe systems.

Total Score:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 10/15 83% B

19. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1st impression after a short game

I only got to play one round (which was 'respawn' mode) before the other 3 players left.

For 2 players the altar had too much life and the respawn time was too short..
    Thus it took ages to lower the hit points of the enemy altar -> people left.
    It might be better with 4 players though, idk.

The terrain is unusually nice for a hero arena, I really enjoyed it.

The balancing amongst the chosen heroes was also good.

Going to play again now :)

//Edit: Played it again (3v3)
    It was a lot of fun this time, the game modes are really good.
    'Respawn' mode is better later in the game when the heroes have more damage, so I suggest u adjust the hit points of the altar to 1) the number of players and 2) the hero level.

Then I found a small bug: The item 'Fefala's Spellblade' costs 2800, which is the total costs and not the recipe cost.

And probably some balancing issues (but I'm not sure, maybe the other team's players just sucked):
    The healing wave hero (forgot the name) seems to be a little OP due to his damage returning shield. Especially on 'assassinate' mode it was a very powerful spell.
    But on the other hand the players of the other team just kept attacking the buffed hero so it was kind of their fault..

And then one of them left and there didn't seem to be any kind of balance for that so they had no chance for the rest of the game.

Anyway I had my fun. 4/5 for now.

PS: Some screenshots in the presentation would be nice. (Maybe more people DL then)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011