• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Same triggers, different map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, how come this trigger works just perfectly fine in one map, but does not work at all in another? Cant find the issue.

• Bonus
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 002 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 003 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 005 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 006 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 007 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 008 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 009 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 010 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 011 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 012 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • EasyDiff Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • MediumDiff Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Creeps Bonus damage (Medium) to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Creeps Bonus damage (Medium) for (Triggering unit) to WaveCount
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • HardDiff Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Creeps Bonus damage (Hard) to (Triggering unit)
                  • Unit - Set level of Creeps Bonus damage (Hard) for (Triggering unit) to WaveCount
                • Else - Actions

Level 7
Maybe the region are different?

"Region 000" for one map is technically a different region for an other map.

Also, the context is not explained at all.
Yeah sorry, my bad. It's for a dialog, a vote system.
Could it have to do with something else that's in the main map? I.E a leaderboard etc. Because i also noticed that some "game text message" actions wont work either.

Level 7
Do some test message debugging, do the trigger fire at all for starters?
That's my point exactly, they dont even fire. For example "Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: XXX"

Edit: I.E for the vote system, if Easy Wins it should say "Easy Wins!". WHICH WORKS. But does not work for medium, hard, very hard.

Level 7
Nope. I would guess the region names used in the new map are placed at other locations than the original.

Seems like the only option really.
The regions work properly if i dont have any if then else. If i use only enters region and action: add ability, it works. Which is pretty weird

You can put an action "Display Text ..." inside the trigger to verify it runs. You can put futher of those "Diplay Text" messaes inside the if-blocks to see which one runs.

If no message is displayed it all, it probably means the trigger doesn't run at at all, and you should verify if the regions from the event are the correct ones.

Level 7
You can put an action "Display Text ..." inside the trigger to verify it runs. You can put futher of those "Diplay Text" messaes inside the if-blocks to see which one runs.

If no message is displayed it all, it probably means the trigger doesn't run at at all, and you should verify if the regions from the event are the correct ones.
Okay i see thank you. If i remove the if then else, it all works. but i need those to be able to determine the difficulity.

Edit: Okay so i found the problem and managed to fix it! Thank you all for your help! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.