• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

sailers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
the water is plane!
yes i know...
not anything special :D just wanted to train mah terraining skills

Attachments

• bleh!.PNG
    bleh!.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 259
Level 19
Pretty big fences don't ya think?
And how do they manage to go to the building that are built down there? Als owhy did they build there? D:
Other than those facts, smexy

Oh.. The birds are huge too

ofc you forgot this terrain is using the magicz and from another world so buildings can be build there using big metal hand in the skies
and teh birds came all the way from cernobyl and the fences too!
mutant fences! :O

it doesnt need to be logic if it looks good =)

Nice radi1000 but i think you should make the light house bigger, if i was sailing the sea i wouldn't see it clearly. Floating fences and houses on rocks that nobody can climb on is a really minus for this terrain. The water isn't that bad, i mean you cant make it epic cant you? The sky looks decent and i like the steam coming from the ships behind. I would give the terrain 3/5, keep training teh terrain skills :)

Level 4
ofc you forgot this terrain is using the magicz and from another world so buildings can be build there using big metal hand in the skies
and teh birds came all the way from cernobyl and the fences too!
mutant fences! :O

it doesnt need to be logic if it looks good =)

I was going to whine about floating fences, but that makes sense. Nice one.

Level 11
Sky is too blue compared to the rest of it. Mountains are too close and can be a little bigger. IMO, the ships could have a wider space of traveling, isntead of sailing in a straight line. Overall, not a bad terrain o....o

Level 19
Sky is too blue compared to the rest of it. Mountains are too close and can be a little bigger. IMO, the ships could have a wider space of traveling, isntead of sailing in a straight line. Overall, not a bad terrain o....o

its a line of ships going to war and it was use as a formation during the XVII XVIII centuries

and the fences are placed there to hold the mountain together!!1

Level 8
Pwned. Nice idea. The sky is a bit too blue. And the background mountians could use tree's or something to make it look less plain. The front looks nice and the atmosphere is good too.

Level 19
i don't really say anything when ppl criticises mah terrains but why not?
giefs moar views and comments on mah terrains :D

Level 21
Eh, ships sailing in a straight doesn't make sense, no matter what, especially as you can't see any enemy ships and I assume that "Battle lines" would only be used in battle / close to battle. Also yeah, they look like jet boats what with their massive trails. You probably wouldn't see much other than massive ridges in the water just behind them and near them. But very probably not bubbles.
About the land, IMO, the fences look sort of strange as the mountain looks like one flat shape instead of being kinda curved so that you have paths where fences go as you go up the mountain. Because of that, they also look as if the spots are just random spots amongst the mountain with no real connection to the others. The trees in the middle stick out a bit too much I reckon, I'd tint the bright green down. Upper part looks good.. other than fucking floating fences...? If there was a path, sure, but like that, no way :/ A lot of the buildings look like randomly placed ones in a line (especially up top) but it's just a minor detail. Overall, it's a great terrain with a lot of flaws IMO - the clouds are bright only on the bottom, they would be all over the place (up top).
Also, it's sailors, not sailers. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.