• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Running Wubi with Multiple Internal HD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So I finally figured out my problem with Wubi. It turns out, having multiple internal harddrives screws with the boot order, which is what was giving me the boot problems. If you have more than one internal harddrive, and you want to run Ubuntu through Wubi, it's very easy to rectify this problem:

When you boot, you should receive error 15, telling you that the Kernel file cannot be found. Hit Esc to go back to the boot menu. Hit the 'e' key, and then hit it it again. Somewhere in the line it should say hd(x,x) the 'x' being the partition. If you installed it on the C drive, then this should be 0,0. If it's not, change it. Then hit enter, and then 'b' to boot from it. This should start. If you get thrown into Busybox, then you selected the wrong Hd partition combo, and 0,0 is not for you.

If you get put into Busybox, just type find/grub/stage1.

It should output something like

root(0,0) with (0,0) being the information you need. Whatever this is, whether 0,0, 0,1, etc take that and use it. Hit esc and then follow the above steps with the numbers you got from the /find command.

This should make it boot properly =D Worked for me when nothing else would anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.