• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RunicDaggerSmallXLlongnameithas

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Runic dagger - attachment model
for herbalists or some gravediggers

since i got used to fail at making models, i tried to make an axe to fix my recent work.
And so we got dagger :D

Scaled to 0.4 and added blue glow thats maybe ok

Keywords:
dagger, rune, runic, weapon
Contents

RunicDaggerSmallXLlongnameithas (Model)

Reviews
14:16, 30th Mar 2013 Deolrin: Same reasoning as the item version.

M

14:16, 30th Mar 2013
Deolrin: Same reasoning as the item version.

Level 14
I don't see this is as being much of a dagger.
Also, why the curve?

i can not really answer it, probably you are used to weapons that have metal color and are as usual straight or angled up, thats why you do not like it.
I tried to make an axe, but all i had in mind was some pike from some game i played long ago and it was looking like this just more angled to down and since i couldnt get rid of that thought i just finished it that way instead of axe.

It makes sense to me, i would like if you felt same but what to do :) i will try making something that looks more like real weapon soon.

The dagger's blade is thicker than the handle and that makes the cutting surface look obsolete (the current edge angle would be too big even for an axe).
Also, the cylindrical part at the base of the handle/pommel could do with considerably less vertices while looking exactly the same.
Same with the area where the handle and the blade connect, there's plenty of polies that are not visible because they are inside the model.
The blade texture could also be re-wrapped as it's a bit distorted/stretched at the top.