• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Runescape Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was going to terrain Lumbridge :D
Here are some more pictures
164814-albums3111-picture26393.png

164814-albums3111-picture26392.png

Level 5
Yeah, but no thanks. It think it os going to be a campaign. No way I am going to make the free world on one single 480x480 map. But I am aware of the editor and it is nice. But right now I do not need it. Only if I am going to use JASS. But thanks anyways. I may not be a PRO but I am trying. Anyways, how are the WC3:WoW going out?

Level 25
Yeah, but no thanks. It think it os going to be a campaign. No way I am going to make the free world on one single 480x480 map. But I am aware of the editor and it is nice. But right now I do not need it. Only if I am going to use JASS. But thanks anyways. I may not be a PRO but I am trying. Anyways, how are the WC3:WoW going out?

Whatever you want. :smile:

Wc3:WoW is doing decently. I'll likely be terraining it again sometime this week or next weekend.

Level 5
Nice Craka_J. And Debode, I did not mean to sound like that I am the Leader. It is Devil1d who created the thread. And yes I am just a terrainer and triggerer. But Devil1d has not yet told me anything yet about the terrain because of his exam I think. Anyways, I am going to take a break for some time now. So I better give the map to Devil1d when he replies. I got an exam too, so when I got time I will continue.

Level 5
Yeah sure, but I got almost nothing new triggers. I just got a test of woodcutting that is not finished. But if you would make triggers, you could make it on another map and then copy and paste into mine, or I could give the map right now so you can work on it. I am going to read a little mathematics today. Later I could terrain again.

Level 5
yep i'm here will be here quite frequently since its my summer break
an excellent work on the whole thing while i was gone
Real have u got the bank system figured out yet ?
and really i cant say any thing of the terraining i'm just speechless of it
oh and wont we have to create anothr dialogue box to display the lvl of woodcutting skill ?

and sorry for the delay i had to format my computer
so pretty much lost all my data
thankfully I uploaded all the map data here

so now i guess its time to work
and once ur done with the terraining post a preview version so real can put in the bank system an i can copy the combat skills

Level 5
soz no change in health an damage
its pretty much alredi in proportion to rs
we havnt spiked it up too much nor reduced it too less
no change in the damage an health cause of the new update
still i think there has to be a lot more balance in class
rangers have more speed
once the beta version of lumby is out i think we'll have a lot of balancing issues
but tht is once it is out
but i can see that vision very very close now

Level 5
Bank System

no prob
we still have to develop the terrain an the rest of the items before we actually implement the bank system but it would be awesome if u could get it done by next week or the week after that
no pressure :grin:

Level 5
Hi!
Got an update. I have improved some things, making it more like RuneScape. Have imported wardrabe, box, walls, bed, stairs, trees. Some things is still missing in the terrained area, like vines on walls, doors, plants and undead trees. If someone knows where to get undead trees as model, please tell me where to get or if kindly link it. A sad thing is that we do not have windows to the houses. And I do think that I am not the one that do the bank thing. (Funny thing: Run-Escape and Runes-Cape) ;D
And I do not use the time on accurate the tiles yet.
Oh, and another thing. Here is an update: (There are 4 pictures in one screenshot on some of them, so look left too!)
164814-albums3111-picture26667.png

164814-albums3111-picture26668.png

164814-albums3111-picture26669.png

164814-albums3111-picture26670.png

What do you think?

Level 5
hmmm
if u may not have noticed i think there are dead tree models in the world editor itslef
it looks very much similar to the rs dead trees
u shld look through it i think its in northernd set of doodads

Level 5
tony can u post the link to the models of the wall u used ?
or possibly upload those models ?
while ur doing the lumby area i think i'll do the edgeville bank an the wilderness area

Level 5
If I have done it right, the models should be in the zip folder. These are all the models that I would use at lumbridge including the desert area. And today, I am going out on skiing with my family, so I will probably terrain again in the evening. :D

Attachments

• Runescape models.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 61
Level 5
thanks
oo an enjoy the skii
dont fall into an avalanche :p

and would anyone mind posting me a link to a model which looks something like the bank counter you see in runescape ?
and would sum1 tell me how i can create an invisible bridge onto the next side ?
when a hero enters a region

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmm, what do you mean with invisible bridge onto the next side, when hero enters region. And by the way, the ski center was closed. ;D
Remember to upload screenshots ;D

Level 5
lol it isnt good enough to take screenies yet
by invisible bridge i meant u go across an invisible bridge in wc3 campaign i dont remeber which 1 but i need sum way to get players across into the wilderness area
anyone got any suggestions ?

Level 5
Ahh, I was just going to post a screenshot. But it is not finished so I will do as you, then I mean wait. Ok, so now I know what you mean. I got an idea, will give you a video of what I think is possible. Made in few min. ;D Coming soon...

Last edited:
Level 9
*screw this paragraph read next line*
The wilderness IS just seperated by a line in the ground (ditch). Make it so that when they approach the line, a dialouge box appears to say if they want to cross it or not. After that, either make a little trigger that teleports them over the line (ditch) or just disable the dialouge box from appearing for like 5 seconds and they can manually cross it or make a trigger that automatically makes them cross it.

What I mean is:
Player tries to walk past wilderness ditch.
Dialouge box is shown [Yes I want to cross/No I don't want to cross]
If yes is chosen, dialouge box trigger is disabled for 5 seconds and player automatically crosses. OR player teleports across ditch.
If no is chosen, dialouge box trigger is disabled for 5 seconds and player automatically backs away. OR player teleports away from ditch.
OR
Player tries to walk over wilderness ditch.
Prompt pops up saying that the wilderness is dangerous.

Genius aren't I?

Level 5
actually thats the problem how do i teleport them across the ditch !!!!!!!!!
its a long ditch an to put circle of powers across each of them is kinda lengthy
need an alternate solution for that
and does anione have a link to a model that looks like the bank in rs ?

i meant a model which looks somethign like the counter
and also need a model which looks like the fence in the bank
the chain one
wait i'll upload a pic of it

there look there that red fence like thing
at the right side

Attachments

• bank.png
    bank.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 123
Level 2
Hey, I used to play RuneScape! I still remember some of the lore, terrain and stuff, so I'll help you if you want :D. Well, I can help once I can reinstall TFT again... I just need to find the key for it... But I can't. I downloaded it off the website, and I somehow accidentally deleted the email with the key D:

Level 5
hmmm tony can u upload tht map u showed in the video ?
i did try tht but it just wasnt working
an i think tht trigger turn on an off will pose a problem in the map cause it will be multiplayer

Level 5
I thought this was a campaign, is it possible with multiplayer then? Anyways, here is the trigger map, but I just used like 5 min. on doing this, you should change and adjust the triggers so they will fit to your imagination...

Attachments

• Test Edge Wilderness v1.1.w3m
    14.4 KB · Views: 54
Level 6
Wow, this IS better than I thought! I HATE runescape, but this does not look bad at all. Better graphics than runescape, even with that "HD" (notice the quotes) that they added back in the summer. It didn't really do much lol. Characters still had squiggly lines on their faces. Are you guys gonna have AI? It's gonna be kinda weird if you just have one character running all over runescape.

I hope once both wc3:WoW, and wc3:RS does not turn into like WoW vs RS thing.

Level 5
of course yes we have AI but in the wild practiacally the only thing the monsters need to know is attack stuff so that isnt much of a big problem
hmm an speaking of the wild does anyone have an idea of how to make the map single fight area rather than being multi area?

Level 5
What do you mean with making it single map rather than multi. Do you mean that so the whole Wild can be placed in one map? And another thing that is important, if you want more people on the project, you should add screenshots at the front page! You could use some of the pictures in my album.
And does anyone knows where to get dead trees (black trees, a model)

Last edited:
Level 9
But keep the reverants, they are dangerous to everyone, foo... I play runescape aswell, but im way too scared to get into the wild BECAUSE of them. But if you kill one, you'll get some cool stuff foo...

Level 5
Ok, so after terraining a time on lumbridge, I think the terrained field will fit into this picture:
164814-albums3111-picture26786.jpg

And I am trying to follow the tiles and spaces between objects like in RuneScape. (old picture)

Level 5
really ?
wow nice an by the way wats its present map size?:thumbs_up:
cant wait for u to let out the preview version of the map:grin:
still i guess i got to work on that mage skill havnt done anything for the mage skill since i strtd working on the wild guess i'll start it aftr u post the preview version :thumbs_up:

Level 5
I do not know when this will be finished, maybe soon, and the small details and height of tiles will be worked on after finishing the main objects. And I do not know how far the terrain will reach into the east of the runescape-map I gave you, hopefully so mcuh that I can place the whole City.

Level 5
The size of the Lumbridge Map is 1.54mb
And maybe change the existing goblins with one of these and maybe with attached models:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/dragonmaw-grunt-dragonskull-61257/?prev=search%3Dgrunt%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/low-poly-fg-rpg-goblin-hero-160820/?prev=search%3Dgoblin%2520rpg%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
The existing Goblin:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/goblinwarrior-132543/?prev=search%3Dgoblin%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Yeah, I change my mind, now as I freshed my mind as I looked at the existing one, I do not want to vote for a change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.