• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Run Wild the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
238px-Kurdran_TCG.jpg

Run Wild the Sky

Overview
Like all the dwarves, Wildhammers are descendants of the earthen. We can call them feral and untamed, but these great warriors can mean big threat for every enemy. With their best friends, tamed noble gryphons, Wildhammer dwarves are true lords of the sky, along with mighty dragons. They live in Northeron, where the biggest settlement Aerie Peaks is located and in the lush forests of Hinterlands. For the long time, Wildhammer dwarves have been neutral, but now, in the times of rising darkness, even those little brave warriors have to help protect the Good in Azeroth.

latest

MAIN CHARACTERS
Falstad Wildhammer
1487415578_tmp_Falstad_dragonreaver.jpg

Falstad Wildhammer is the Chief Thane of Wildhammer clan. This experienced dragonslayer, who used to work with Rhonin and Vereesa Windrunner in the past, is one of the strongest dwarf warriors. That's why Alliance needs help of him and his clanmates in the battle against the Scourge and Burning Legion.

Kurdran Wildhammer

1487415986_tmp_Kurdran_TCG.jpg

Brother of Wildhammer leader, Kurdran Wildhammer, is known as mighty stormlord and gryphon rider. During the times od the Second War, he was one of the first dwarves who spotted the thread and fought against the Orcish Horde. Who else can help better than this legendary sky-cruiser, with his loyal companion, gryphon Sky'ree?

Jaina Proudmoore

1487416708_tmp_jaina.jpg

Daughter of admiral Daelin Proudmoore, now apprentice of master Antonidas in the magical city of Dalaran. Preoccupied, unpunctual, but very powerful young sorceress was asked by her master to help Lordaeron prince Arthas, but before this task, she wants to find powerful Wildhammer dwarves famously from her books. Who else can convince strong-headed Falstad to provide a helping hand?

Content

- Campaign with the dwarves in the main role

- Completely new race including original units, heroes and spells

- Funny dialogues, interesting fights and boss battles

- 10 missions, 5 interludes + prologue and epilogue

PROGRESS
Playable Prologue - Meet the Dwarves 95%
Chapter One - Horn of the Sky 95%
Interlude - Brotherly Council 100%
CHapter Two - Troll's Last Stand 15%

Screenshots

WC3ScrnShot_031817_114247_01.jpg

Attachments

• Wildhammers.w3n
    34.5 MB · Views: 1,674
Last edited:
Level 5
Hello, glad you decided to make a campaign about Wildhammers, but an innocent question.. what are we supposed to comment on? you didn't provide screenshots/story/a beta map for us to test or even suggestions... maybe if you added more info. to the map, then it would be fine.

Good innocent question, I like it :D As I've written under the banner, I'm going to update this thread in few days (honestly, I think it will be tommorrow). Right now, I just wanted to create the thread and provide some basic information (next honesty - I'm bored aT work and this was a good way how to spend some time).

Level 5
In regards to original campaign by blizz, in which part of timeline it took place?

It's quite complicated :D And because I don't want to completely spoil my plans, let's say, that first part will be during human campaign, second one during orc campaign and the last during night elf campaign. Mayby better said: I want to tell the story of RoCH campaign by the eyes of the Wildhammer dwarves. I've been studying this quite a lot on the official wiki, so I think I found the way, how to connect all the most important events and add some of my own ideas as well and not make it look... weird. :)

Level 5
Full month has passed without any serious progress...

I know... Unfortunately, some circumstances were against me (problems with computer, lot of work etc.)... Trust me, I'm doing my best to do as much as I can. :) And what's most important: I'm doing this campaign for fun. It means that I work on it when I have mood for it, time, inspiration... Hope you understand. If not... I'm sure you know where the cross button is. :)

Last edited:
Level 5
Looking great and Blizz-like so far.

Thank you, I'm doing my best.

Jaina with a reskin. Nice.

Decently made so far. Always expect to keep up the good work :)

Yeah, I reskined her. With this skin, she looks... you know a bit more young, naive, full of ideals and expectations... That's the Jaina I want to have in my story.

Looks nice, don't agree with Daffa tho, that Jaina reskin is ugly imo.
It looks pretty decent enough, the Jaina skin is kind of buzzing me off. In honestly I don't like reskins of skins already in the game. Maybe it is just me, I don't know.

Well, guys... It's your attitude and I accept it. But I like the skin :D Maybe I will change it in future days, but right now, I am satisfied with it.

Level 5
"Yeah, I reskined her. With this skin, she looks... you know a bit more young, naive, full of ideals and expectations... That's the Jaina I want to have in my story"

Well I can understand that if it is for artistic reasons. If it helps suit her character as you intend then more than likely I can live with that skin. Can't wait to play this campaign.

Level 5
Soo, small update. Playable prologue is complete, now I am working on the chapter two, which is a bit complicated for me and I have to think it through a little, so the advance is gonna be a bit slower next few days. :) Hope you understand that.

Level 5
Hello,

I am just looking for some custom music for the second chapter, and only suitable track, that I've found, is this one
. What do you think about the music? Me personally like it. :) But the campaign is for you, not for me ;)

Level 5
So, I attached a early demo of the campaign for you to know what to expect... It contains only playable prologue + chapter one and interlude. Enjoy and feel free to comment :)

Last edited:
Level 5
So I finished all of them. The way the 3rd one ended made me think that the campaign could end there, good thing it won't. There are some problem that I go through in my videos. But the first mission, the prologue, has it's own inconveniences from the scene skipping to the one of the troll bases beign stronger than the other, the trolls and their huge aggro range.

Level 5
So I finished all of them. The way the 3rd one ended made me think that the campaign could end there, good thing it won't. There are some problem that I go through in my videos. But the first mission, the prologue, has it's own inconveniences from the scene skipping to the one of the troll bases beign stronger than the other, the trolls and their huge aggro range.
Thanks for your opinion. Troll aggronrange is something what I should definitely change, i know. What are the other problems
you have found?

Level 5
Thanks for your opinion. Troll aggronrange is something what I should definitely change, i know. What are the other problems
you have found?

The beastmaster shows no mana. The moment I made the video I was confused about him being either a specisl unit or s hero. Figured out it was a demi. Also in the last mission, when Jaina and Falstad are supposed to defend against the trolls at some point it seems that they either don't come for me or I am just to agitated, because when I see that after the first wave was cleared and the second one was taking it's time I just decided to take Falstad and Jaina to them. Also the scene skipping was something in chapter one, when I first did a test play after Jaina was sent to the beastmaster the beastmaster decided to tell his scene from the when you reach the Gryphon place. Lore wise, I don't think Kurdan was supposed to be able to come back to Azeroth at the point in time where the campaign is situated. In the end there where a few grammer mistakes here and there but nothing to bad. It's a campaign full of potential, in all honestly, those mistakes are forgiveable also because of the point where the campaign is standing right now.

So in the end I can say that it was a nice demo. Keep up the good job!

Level 5
The beastmaster shows no mana. The moment I made the video I was confused about him being either a specisl unit or s hero. Figured out it was a demi. Also in the last mission, when Jaina and Falstad are supposed to defend against the trolls at some point it seems that they either don't come for me or I am just to agitated, because when I see that after the first wave was cleared and the second one was taking it's time I just decided to take Falstad and Jaina to them. Also the scene skipping was something in chapter one, when I first did a test play after Jaina was sent to the beastmaster the beastmaster decided to tell his scene from the when you reach the Gryphon place. Lore wise, I don't think Kurdan was supposed to be able to come back to Azeroth at the point in time where the campaign is situated. In the end there where a few grammer mistakes here and there but nothing to bad. It's a campaign full of potential, in all honestly, those mistakes are forgiveable also because of the point where the campaign is standing right now.

So in the end I can say that it was a nice demo. Keep up the good job!

Does it mean that the trolls didn't attack the shrine? Because when I tested the map, everything worked as it should... The reason, why Agnar BEastamer in the playable prologue doesn't have mana is that I he is just a warrior with sone special abilities, which are limited only by countdown.

No building of bases in this campaign? :(

There are some hotkeys overlap, like hold position and that hammer ability.

Don't worry, I am not making the whole Wildhammer techtree just for fun :D Base building missions will take their place. :) To the hotkeys, I don't have my game in english. so I don't know all the hotkey buttons. But I'll change it in the next update. :) Thanks for your comment.

Last edited:
Level 5
After the first wave, nothing seems to happen. The beastmaster has that bloodlust ability which needs mana, that is what the tooltip is saying. But be that as it may, I'm gonna blame that thing on the campaign being a work in progress and of course nothing is going to be 100% perfect. So now this is one problem solved :)

Level 5
After the first wave, nothing seems to happen. The beastmaster has that bloodlust ability which needs mana, that is what the tooltip is saying. But be that as it may, I'm gonna blame that thing on the campaign being a work in progress and of course nothing is going to be 100% perfect. So now this is one problem solved :)

Well, that's strange, cause when I tested the map, everything worked... Hm... I'll take a look on it, thanks. :) There should be one wave and then cinematic and end of the chapter...

Level 5
So I tested the map again and everything really worked as it should... trolls spawned, attacked the shrine and when all of them died, the cinematic started... No problem.

Level 5
Update: I just uploaded new version of demo without flaws that WarcraftLiterature pointed. Hope that'll be better. :)

Level 12
Played the whole thing, I'll break the to 4 parts.

Nitpicking (because I have to):
- When casting Jaina's blizzard she only plays the spell animation once, then just stands there. This is a bit weird, the normal ability has her loop the channel animation.
- The dwarven models you chose are great, but there seems to be a problem with some parts of the "Explorer" model's attachment points: Falstad's aura is shown as an attachment to the explorer's weapon arm, and other effects like the regeneration of fountain of health are a bit sideways. I realize I might not have made this model, but if you could try fixing that or going to the original creator of the model with those problems that would by great.
- Falstad's hammer throw has him use a spell animation, which looks a bit weird. I suggest changing it to an "attack" animation, or "throw" if he has one.

Medium things:
- Some problems with the flow of the cinematics, especially in the prologue, there are some dialogs which appear for a short time and seem out of place. In later chapters some of the dialog pieces stay for very little time.
- In the playable chapter I think you should be able to train your units from the barracks instantly. This isn't a base building mission anyways, so there is no need to give them a training delay.
- Troll outriders have 2 death sounds, one when they die and another one about 2 seconds later. This is actually a bit distracting, I found myself looking a couple of times for which of my units died when I heard that sound.
- The idea of custom music is good, but I found this theme to be a bit "over the top" for a map where you generally go around very calmly around the map. It was very fitting for the short periods of defense missions, but didn't go well with the rest of the mission.
- The terrain looks good, but I suggest using at least some custom doodads.

Major things:
- I didn't like the use of the fountains of health the playable map. Fountains of health promote static gameplay in this kind of campaign missions - you go kill some things, go back to the fountain, again and again. I would much rather see less towers or more health items/runes in a map then a fountain of health.
- As Mechanical Man said:
No building of bases in this campaign? :(
it doesn't even have to be a base building mission, but something which is more active then going from one side of the map to the other killing everything in your way. I really liked having those defense parts in the mission as a break from the usual playing style, and would much rather see them implemented in all of the totems. All in all, without those defense part the campaign so far is kind of dull. You have 2 missions of the same kind in a row, and this is the kind of playing style you should save only for introductory/heavy story oriented mission.

Good things
With all this said, this campaign looks good: the terrain is consistent and right to the setting, the models and icons you selected are fitting and generally work well, and so far the dwarf race you created look coherent. This campaign has appealing looks, it's the use of these looks which is a bit lacking.

Level 5
Played the whole thing, I'll break the to 4 parts.

Nitpicking (because I have to):
- When casting Jaina's blizzard she only plays the spell animation once, then just stands there. This is a bit weird, the normal ability has her loop the channel animation.
- The dwarven models you chose are great, but there seems to be a problem with some parts of the "Explorer" model's attachment points: Falstad's aura is shown as an attachment to the explorer's weapon arm, and other effects like the regeneration of fountain of health are a bit sideways. I realize I might not have made this model, but if you could try fixing that or going to the original creator of the model with those problems that would by great.
- Falstad's hammer throw has him use a spell animation, which looks a bit weird. I suggest changing it to an "attack" animation, or "throw" if he has one.

Medium things:
- Some problems with the flow of the cinematics, especially in the prologue, there are some dialogs which appear for a short time and seem out of place. In later chapters some of the dialog pieces stay for very little time.
- In the playable chapter I think you should be able to train your units from the barracks instantly. This isn't a base building mission anyways, so there is no need to give them a training delay.
- Troll outriders have 2 death sounds, one when they die and another one about 2 seconds later. This is actually a bit distracting, I found myself looking a couple of times for which of my units died when I heard that sound.
- The idea of custom music is good, but I found this theme to be a bit "over the top" for a map where you generally go around very calmly around the map. It was very fitting for the short periods of defense missions, but didn't go well with the rest of the mission.
- The terrain looks good, but I suggest using at least some custom doodads.

Major things:
- I didn't like the use of the fountains of health the playable map. Fountains of health promote static gameplay in this kind of campaign missions - you go kill some things, go back to the fountain, again and again. I would much rather see less towers or more health items/runes in a map then a fountain of health.
- As Mechanical Man said:

it doesn't even have to be a base building mission, but something which is more active then going from one side of the map to the other killing everything in your way. I really liked having those defense parts in the mission as a break from the usual playing style, and would much rather see them implemented in all of the totems. All in all, without those defense part the campaign so far is kind of dull. You have 2 missions of the same kind in a row, and this is the kind of playing style you should save only for introductory/heavy story oriented mission.

Good things
With all this said, this campaign looks good: the terrain is consistent and right to the setting, the models and icons you selected are fitting and generally work well, and so far the dwarf race you created look coherent. This campaign has appealing looks, it's the use of these looks which is a bit lacking.

Thank you for this :) I've read it through and I'll definitely use and change some of your points :)

Status
Not open for further replies.