• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rumble in Outland

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Rumble in Outland
Created by Ujimasa Hojo

Features:

Race Changes:
  • Burning Legion (Undead)
  • Coilfang Naga (Night Elf)
  • Fel Horde (Orc)
  • Sha'tar (Human)

Each race has 5 heroes. There are 2 additional neutral Heroes.

Neutral Units:
  • Ancient Library - Sells tomes to help your Heroes become more powerful
  • Ancient Vaults - Sells various Artifacts and Unique Items
  • Bank - Exchanges gold for lumber and vice versa
  • Fountain of Energy - Regenerates the health and mana of all non-mechanical units nearby and allows you to reveal an area of the map and detect invisible units
  • Merchant - Sells various magic items
  • Tavern - Allows you to hire various Heroes

Previews:

Fel Horde:

142431-albums6091-picture69631.png

Coilfang Naga:

142431-albums6091-picture69630.png

Sha'tar:

142431-albums6091-picture69634.png

Burning Legion:

142431-albums6091-picture69629.png

Neutral Units:
Neutral units offer various kinds of services.

142431-albums6091-picture69633.png

Glyphs:
Some of the dwellers hold Glyphs. Kill them and take the glyphs before other players do.

142431-albums6091-picture69632.png

Fel Horde:

Coilfang Naga:

Sha'tar:

Burning Legion:

Change Log:

Sha'tar:
  • Added Draeneic themes to the User Interface.

General:
  • Fixed the AI a bit. AI Heroes now learn the Bonus stats.

General:
  • Minor bug fix.

General:
  • Fixed leaky Triggers.

General:
  • Optimized some models.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

Fel Horde:
  • Fixed the model of the Axemaster.

General:
  • Fixed some stuff.

Credits:

Models:
  • Blood Elf Buildings - SinisterX
  • Blood Elf Demon Hunter - Mc !
  • Blood Elf Mage - Frankster
  • Death Knight WC2 - Necrokenis
  • DemonSpaceShip - pWn3d
  • Demoness - Mecheon
  • Draenei Battlemaster - Werewulf
  • Draenei Paladin - SinisterX
  • Elekk Knight - Hawkwing
  • Hero Naga Enchantress - armel
  • Ice Crown Overlord X - Frankster
  • Naga rally point - LiOneSS
  • ZergOverlord - killst4r
Other modified models came from Blizzard Entertainment.

Skins:
  • Blood Elf User Interface - Dentothor
  • Crypt - Pyroproctos
  • Draenei Priest - FrIkY
  • Draenei User Interface - Wa666r
  • Mecha-Giant - timfarman
  • Naga Cursor - AlienAtSystem
  • Naga User Interface - viiva
Icons:
  • Club Swing - Stanakin
  • Demon Space Ship - pWn3d
  • Draenei Paladin - SinisterX
  • Draenei Priest - FrIkY
  • Ogre Armor 3 - Stanakin
  • Zerg Overlord - General Frank
Other modified icons came from Blizzard Entertainment.

Keywords:
Blood Elf, Demon, Draenei, Orc

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Don't expect anything completely new here. I simply shuffled units and abilities. Nonetheless, the original techtrees are relatively intact.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab Channels as well and hopefully subscribe.
  • Follow me on Twitter, Minds, or Steemit.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
Contents

RiO: Allerian Stronghold (Map)

RiO: Auchindoun (Map)

RiO: Black Temple (Map)

RiO: Zangarmarsh (Map)

Reviews
22:55, 16th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Good additions to the altered melee genres, approved and recommend as acceptable.
22:46, 22nd Jan 2013 Orcnet: approved (wait for a detailed review)
Orcnet01:15, 28th May 2013 Map Approved Rumble in Outland: Zangarmarsh (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
22:56, 16th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Good additions to the altered melee genres, approved and recommend as acceptable.

M

22:55, 16th Mar 2014
Orcnet: Good additions to the altered melee genres, approved and recommend as acceptable.

Level 5
A typical altered melee,nothing else to say...
Btw. the terrain is taken out of one of the warcraft ladder map is it ?
Protecting map can minimize file size.

Level 7
Hmm, I got an idea, you don't have to make triggers to make the race choosings..
Make a unit that trains nothing but isn't the main building, that upgrades into the main buildings of the other races.

Level 2
I've noticed that the gold mines are too far away from the starting locations. What does this mean? It means that with night elves you have to reposition your Tree of Life and wait until the gold mine is entangled. This costs valuable time, and the other thing is that some times the A.I. gets confused by having to move the Tree of Life and wont be able to gather gold.

Couldn't manage to upload a screenshot, but basically the A.I. starts constructing over the site where the Tree of Life is going. After this the Tree of Life roots back and starts spamming wisps until the A.I. runs out of gold.

Level 4
You should mention in the description of your BFS maps that AI is supported, and to what extent they are supported (which races they actually play). In other words, add a section for details about Computer AI players.

EDIT TO PREVENT DOUBLE POST:
My friends complained about overpowered units. I am merely relaying their message, and if you agree, you can go ahead and make balance fixes.

The KCombine race of the humans has the Marine, a tier2 unit that costs 5 food, with very fast attack speed on piercing damage rounding around 90. 600 range with the range upgrade. Tier2 for that much firepower? He also says that no unit in melee maps should have very fast attack speed unless buffed by a spell.

My friend also said that, in the Burning Legion race, the hydralisk is overpowered due to 130+ piercing damage with Fast attack speed.
I personally think its not as overpowered as he says it is, since its tier3 and takes so long to build. But i do think the hp may be a little too much. 700 is a little too tanky. maybe 600?

These are my friend's arguements. The only things I actually think are the sentences that I spoke out in first person. I'm sorry if you don't really like the balance ranting that is common in warcraft communities.

Last edited:
As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing your map :

[+] Terrain [+]
[+] Fun [+]
[-] Some flat spots [+]
[-] Large File Size [-]
[-] Mines are not well placed [-]
[-] Confusing [-]

I suggest you remove the preview image and the loading screen to reduce the file size.

Rating : 2/5

EDIT : Nevermind, rejection [Kl3sk is right]

Last edited:
Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

M

22:46, 22nd Jan 2013
Orcnet: approved (wait for a detailed review)

Level 28
It's good, but there are a few issues:

The terrain in the bases is rather monotonous.
Naga:
The Well Spring upgrade tooltip reads 125 instead of 600.
The animal unit upgrade icons aren't really appropriate, bear claws for sea creatures?
Blood Elves:
War Club and Resistant Skin tooltip still read Mountain Giant.
Pick Up Archer still reads "attack from the air".

Level 60
I don't get it why has Draenei in the Horde. and Blood Elfs

The Sha'tar is actually a union of Blood Elf and Draenei. I just used Blood Elves as the poster boy because they have more units.

The Draenei in the Fel Horde are supposed to represent the Broken tribes who didn't join Akama's uprising and remained loyal to the Illidari.

It's good, but there are a few issues:

The terrain in the bases is rather monotonous.
Naga:
The Well Spring upgrade tooltip reads 125 instead of 600.
The animal unit upgrade icons aren't really appropriate, bear claws for sea creatures?
Blood Elves:
War Club and Resistant Skin tooltip still read Mountain Giant.
Pick Up Archer still reads "attack from the air".

Fixed all the tooltips. Sorry about the terrain. I was never really good at it.

Level 3
This is, without a doubt, the absolute best "Creeps as races" map ever made. It's perfectly balanced and with interesting races. 5/5, will check out your other maps once I update my Warcraft.

Level 8
This is one of perfect altered map I play. I saw some new models in here, and other doesn't create them. Also as a player, i rate 5/5
Hope to see other. I always look forward Clash from the Past maps.

Level 34
the factions are awesome!, but there are too much villagers :C, the nagas and the fel orcs are awesome, but the draeneis are too big, and in the hive are many useful models an skins very useful for the demons, they look like a mix between zerg and legion.

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet01:15, 28th May 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Rumble in Outland: Zangarmarsh (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Rumble in Outland: Zangarmarsh" is a Altered Melee that replaces the human as blood elf/draenei, orc as chas orc, undead as demons, and night elf as naga.

"Model replaces yet different abilities and styles were changed, I like the idea as well on different models and cool theme for each race, no bugs found nor leaks."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Not sure if I saw the terrain from before but I can make an exception."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To my Conclusion this here is a good addition to the altered melee world where you experienced a melee fight in the fields of draenor."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
10/1583%B

Level 28
Axemaster's Command Aura doesn't require hero level 3 to be upgraded to level 2 (and can have a level 3 aura at level 5).
Some Orc buildings cover up their barricades.
The Ogre hero looks too similar to the ogre units, maybe use the ogre lord model.
Swamp dwellers have no portrait.
Fel Reavers still use Night Elf upgrades.
The Demon techtree seems a little off to me.

For some reason, creep Deepseers are extremely stupid: four times I've played, and evey time I've seen a Deepseer just stands there while attacked.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that the one map that's half water without bridges getting in the way doesn't feature ships.

And might I add that the Elementalist is the absolute creepiest and most hilarious thing I have ever seen in these maps of yours.

Level 60
-the bloddy elves, uses draenei units and dwarf units, again i cant pass that. dwarfs and draeneis are the alliance and bloddy elves are horde. when i was draenei in wow TBC. in the very begining i killed bloddy elves spies in azure mist island
you used the rifleman when you could used the preset female elve archer in campaign of human in frozen throne

The "blue dwarves" are actually supposed to be Draenei. It seems cheap but I can't squeeze in anymore legitimate Draenei models because I'm nearing the 8 MB mark. As for Draenei and Blood Elves working together, I labeled their faction as the Sha'tar to make sense.

-taverns have only two heros, i want three more, anything.

I did add an additional one Hero per race. Besides, all of the unique Hero abilities have been exhausted and I'm not comfortable tinkering with custom abilities.

-you have to pay the first hero,425 gold and 100 wood, i dont like that, i am to accustomed to the first hero only cost 5 of food. it destroys my memorized form of start

The free Hero comes with the "Melee Game -Create Starting Units (for all players)" trigger. I had to manually create starting units in order to facilitate the "Random Heroes" option. I don't know yet how to make the first Hero free.

The Ogre hero looks too similar to the ogre units, maybe use the ogre lord model.

The Ogre Chieftain "gains" his armor when he activates his ultimate: Bastion of Defense. It's his form of visual effect kinda like the Mountain King turning into stone when in Avatar.

For some reason, creep Deepseers are extremely stupid: four times I've played, and evey time I've seen a Deepseer just stands there while attacked.

I tried it myself and have not experienced this. Is this Deepseer in a particular area?

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that the one map that's half water without bridges getting in the way doesn't feature ships.

Well it's a swamp. Just because there's water doesn't mean there has to be naval units. Besides, I prefer to include naval warfare only when deep water is involved.

And might I add that the Elementalist is the absolute creepiest and most hilarious thing I have ever seen in these maps of yours.

They're supposed to be some sort of Shaman who uses the winds to levitate/fly. Gameplaywise, he's the Troll Bat Rider "equivalent".

Level 3
The map is great! I love the tileset and the races.
I believe u can do something with blue dwarves), also burning legion- more demons!
BE ai sometimes stay at first level, no evolution(( and pls fix the problem with bolt tower
anyway 5/5

Level 16
Finally, free first hero.
I need to say, this is one of my favorite maps of yours, I especially like the terrain and all the races are built wonderfully.
I got no cons, as it is nearly perfect, keep the goods coming I suppose :).

Level 21
i tested it and the first hero is free. instead of using the overlord you could use the space for something else. instead of dwarven siege units you could have used the ballista like the high elves did in the campaign. as for the size limitation i suggest writing about it on battle.net. i can respond to that on battle.net so that we keep a discussion going.