• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

RTS of DEATH! Preschool Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
RTS of DEATH! Meltdown!

preschoolmeltdownbanner.png

This is an RTS. You build structures, train units, collect resources, and destroy your enemy. You start with 1 unit (you guessed it, a Preschooler) and you win by killing the enemy Preschoolers.

resourcemultiboard.jpg

The light blue text displays the time.
The grey text is for mass and the yellow text is for energy.

The % is how much of the resource you have out of your maximum.
The + is how much of that resource you are getting every second.

Currently, I have 200 mass and 3,000 energy. You start with 1000 mass and energy, and 1000 maximum of each.

There are several ways to get mass. The best and most efficient way is to build Mass Extractors (Scout Tower) on Mass Deposits (Circles of Power).
The second way is by converting energy into mass using Mass Makers (Red Crystal). If you are at maximum energy, Mass Makers can convert a portion of extra energy produced into mass. Currently, I am outputting 160 extra energy every second. Each Mass Maker can convert up to 40 energy into 1 mass, so I would be getting 4 mass every second as long as I'm at maximum energy and I had 4 Mass Makers.

The only way to get energy (currently) is by building Power Generators (White Crystal). They produce 20 energy every second.

flymachinebombers.jpg

nuclearlaunch.jpg

nuclearstrike.jpg

sheepbomber.jpg

All tier 1 structures:

tier1f.jpg

Mass Extractor: Built on Mass Deposits (Circles of Power) and gives 2 mass every second.

Power Generator: Produces 20 energy every second.

Mass Storage: Increases your maximum mass storage by 500.

Energy Storage: Increases your maximum energy storage by 1000.

Mass Maker: Converts up to 40 extra energy produced into 1 mass.

Crude Factory: Trains tier 1 ground units (Con 1, Con 2, Clockwerk Goblin, Rifleman, & Raccoon Scout)

Crude Airplant: Trains tier 1 air units & construction units (Con 1, Con 2, Sheep Bomber, Flying Machine Bomber, Sky Shepherd, Owl Scout)

Light Laser Tower: Can fire at ground units and deals good damage.

Missile Tower: Can fire at ground and air units and deals low damage.

Barricade: Self Explanatory

Scanner: Pings approaching enemy units and can reveal parts of the map for 1500 energy.

All tier 2 structures:

tier2f.jpg

Mass Extractor: Built on Mass Deposits (Circles of Power) and gives 2 mass every second.

Power Generator: Produces 20 energy every second.

Advanced Storage: Increases your maximum energy storage by 5000.

Mass Maker: Converts up to 40 extra energy produced into 1 mass.

Factory: Trains tier 2 ground units (Con 3, Con 2, Battle Golem, Mortar Team)

Airplant: Trains tier 2 air units & construction units (Con 3, Con 2, Phoenix Bomber, Pyrobomber, & Deathwing [No it's not the dragon from Warcraft 2])

Heavy Laser Tower: Can fire at ground units and deals high damage.

Adv. Missile Tower: Can fire at ground and air units and deals good damage.

Creepy Cannon: Can train Slime units. When they are finished, the Slime's are launched up to 6000 range toward the rally point.

Plasma Battery:Long range cannon (3500 range) that deals high damage in an area of effect.

(Almost) All tier 3 structures:

tier3e.jpg

Advanced Power Generator: Produces 200 energy every second.

Advanced Storage: Increases your maximum energy storage by 5000.

Omni Matrix: Converts up to 400 extra energy produced into 15 mass.

Dark Foundry: Trains tier 3 ground units (Con 3, Con 2, Dreadnought [Goblin Shredder], Charbelcher [Siege Engine])

Throne of Fire: Trains tier 3 air units & construction units (Con 3, Con 2, Dragon Bomber, Faerie Crop Duster, & Storm Rider)

Annihilator: Uses up half your energy in a pinpoint deadly blast that instantly kills most units.

Blank: Eventually will be filled with a Missile Battery which fires 3 missiles at different targets.

Reaper Silo: Basically can train nuclear missiles that destroy everything in a 600 AoE.

Blank:I have a few ideas of what I want to put here, but I can't make up my mind XD.

So you can see I'm nearly completed with the map (I'll probably have those last 2 structures done by the time I start Beta Testing). I need some more unit ideas, and lots of testing for balance, bugs, and feedback.

:mwahaha:I'd upload the map, but I'm a greedy SOB who doesn't like sharing his code ect. At least not for now.

[email protected] (I have MSN)
[email protected] (I have Skype)
Dread123 (I have X-Fire but I rarely use it)
I live in Pacific Time Zone, but I can play at almost any time.

You can PM me if you want to play or use the contact information.

Last edited:
Level 15
This is great.

I have an idea for getting energy:
You could make you preschooler jump around on some random thing that provides energy every time you jump on it (dynamo or something). It would be some random thing you could do when you don't have enough energy or when your just bored.

Blank 2-
Geothermal Tapper:
The Ultimate Weapon. The reason why the map is named as such.
Allows the preschooler to tap into geothermal energy and unleash it or store it. Either gaining energy or destroying stuff.

Good luck!

Level 12
This is great.

I have an idea for getting energy:
You could make you preschooler jump around on some random thing that provides energy every time you jump on it (dynamo or something). It would be some random thing you could do when you don't have enough energy or when your just bored.

Blank 2-
Geothermal Tapper:
The Ultimate Weapon. The reason why the map is named as such.
Allows the preschooler to tap into geothermal energy and unleash it or store it. Either gaining energy or destroying stuff.

Good luck!

I've thought a few times of adding a super powerful weapon to the Preschooler, but I think it would throw off balance too much.

The springboard idea doesn't really work because, you're ALWAYS doing something in this game. Also, this game quickly evolved away from the original Preschool Showdown, so I don't have much *goofy* stuff in it (besides sheep that poop bombs). There is always something to do, some unit to move, a building to make, a unit to order to bomb, a rifleman to micro, a scanner to scout your enemies base, ect... Very fast paced, very fun gameplay. The game is a lot of spamming of units and striking from different angles.

I need BETA TESTERS. Please PM me if you are interested.

Level 2
This is close to what i was looking for. I still really wish someone will fix the old one... Thanks for bringing back and spicing up an old map dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.