• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The Runes of Crydus RPG Recruitment!!! Come Look!

Runes of Crydus

Recently, a friend and I (Ardnived) have begun working on an RPG (Runes of Crydus is the working title). We've started the terrain and have a majority of features and concepts planned out for it, such as the huge PvP element that we will add to it making it somewhat similar to World of Warcraft in the respect of having two opposing forces. Though we've begun game concepting and terraining, we are not confident in a few aspects of the WE and are ready to assemble a team.

People recruited should each have these following traits:
You must have experience and the accurate knowledge for your task.
You must be self-motivated and in no more than 1 other prior project.
You must be creative, and co-operative with other team members.

"I remember the days when the earth shook and spewed forth fire and magma, and storms raged in the skies, when the mountains sprung from the depths, glistening spires of rock and earth capped by peaks of chilling snow. I was terrified, and so I hid. After much time had past, months, maybe even years, the earth ceased it's trembling and the skies parted, and as quickly as it had come the power that had shaped the mountains, the rivers and the lands vanished.

Beyond the caves where I hid, I found strange creatures. Creatures that could walk and communicate. Their skin was a deep brown and they bared small fangs at their lower jaw. For many years I spied on this new society. They seemed to adore the earth, and they erected underground temples for worship. I found their methods of paganism slightly odd as they sacrificed many to please the earth, but I came to them and they told me I was welcome. They called themselves the Ma'uberaki.

I felt extremely welcome, and often things seemed to revolve around myself. When I passed, they would stare with eyes of awe and interest. They called me Pale'nor or Pale One. But in time things began to change. Through a bloody battle a new leader imposed his will over the Ma'uberaki, Overlord Garur. The people suffered at his hands, and he took all from them, even their freedom. The events that followed shocked me, this free and earth loving people became increasingly violent and corrupt. Garur had three sons. The elder two fought vigorously for his throne. Even attempting to murder the other. When Garur died, the first son assumed the throne and banished his brothers to the outskirts of the kingdom. The middle son went west to the shores of the Great Sea, while the youngest went south to the Crydun Mountain range.

Another long age of tyranny came to pass, until one day the youngest son, Noros-Athrim, returned from the mountains. In an act of rebellion he took many of the Ma'uberaki and led them south into the mountains. Soon after the second son, Serag-Vrak, also returned, seemingly reformed and perhaps inspired by his younger brother. He put an end to the tyrannical rule of his elder brother, and restored the Ma'uberaki to their shamanistic nature. He renamed them the Marg'han in an effort to shed their dark past, but I fear that scar will never fully heal.

So I followed after Noros-Athrim, into the mountains. I soon found that they had started a new life on the summit of Mt. Nalos. Noros-Athrim seemed to by guided by "Spirits of the Sky" and had changed his name to Norothrim. As time past, I noticed a change seemed to come over them. Perhaps it was because of the cold, or their new found deities but their hair grew long and lighter. They shrunk significantly and became very pale. Although I never saw these spirits, soon I noticed that the followers of Norothrim had a growing affinity for the sky, and, frighteningly, some even seemed to be able to control the winds and storms! They were the Children of the Sky and seemed content to that.

However the Marg'han were unable to let go of their joint past and the differences that now divided them. It seemed like their violent past had returned to haunt them. Soon war broke out and fearing another great cataclysm might be upon us I retreated back into the caves below the Crydun Mountains. However beneath the rock and blood-stained snow I discovered another subterranean civilization!

They were all shockingly like me. Ash gray skin, isolated, slender body shapes, uncommon hair colours, and they too had been disturbed by the war. They rejoiced in my arrival, hailing me as their Sovereign. With my new found brethren behind me I would no longer need to hid in the caverns, away from danger and life. Finally I could help to shape the world around me. Sadly it seemed that the only way this would end would be through war. My brethren found more common ground with the earth loving Marg'han, and frankly Norothrim's ability to control the skies frightened me, soon enough we were fighting along side the Marg'han in an endless bloody war.

And once again my soul wept for the earth shook, and storms raged in the skies."

The Skyseeker Alliance
The Skyseeker Alliance are composed of the dwarven clans who strive to defend their lands from the encroaching Marg'han. Amongst them are the Crydun Clan and the Norothrim Clan. The Skyseekers are naturally in rhythm with the winds and the skies and have a natural talent of manipulating that strong bond to thwart their foes and in general everyday life.

The Norothrim Clan are often known as the Children of the Skies. This stems from the name Noros-Athrim, the youngest child of Overlord Garur who changed his name to Norothrim after the Sky Spirits guided them to Mt. Nalos. The Norothrim reside on Mt. Nalos in the Crydus Mountains. Their major city is Winterfury Keep.

The Stormbringer
STORMBRINGERS are an elite force of the Norothrim Clan who have spent their lives studying and training within the stone halls of Mt. Nalos. As Norothrim Dwarves, the Stormbringers have natural adoration for the skies and are often seen as ‘riding the storm’ or as ‘the eye of the storm’.
The Stormbringers of Mt. Nalos are stubborn fighters who share the speed of thunder and the impact of lightning. The Stormbringers do not speak as their voices are said to be as loud as thunder in the skies. These sturdy warriors are brilliant in combat, especially when overwhelmed, but their mana and armour can often fail them.

The Crydun Clan is led by Kagin Warfire and live in the southeastern valley. The Cryduns tend to be very intelligent with an insatiable curiosity of the world around them. They're kind and inventive, however they are not known fighters like their Norothrim brothers. Their major city is Cyre.

The Crydun Bowmistress
ABANDONED at birth and raised by beasts and druids, the Crydun Bowmasters are overseers of Crydus and its magnificent mountains and outcasts of their dwarven kin. The Crydun Bowmasters are masters of the bow and arrow and have learned to become apart of their chosen weapons as well as the nature around them. They are also rumored to be able to speak to beasts.
With recent events unfolding, the Crydun Bowmasters have ventured from their dens and caverns and have re-emerged in the White Woods and have taken side with their kinsmen in a battle bound to be catastrophic.

The Stonetouched
The Stonetouched are an odd alliance between the Pale'nor (Pale Ones) and the Marg'han. Two very different societies. The Stonetouched rely on all sorts of elements to thwart their foes, including the rocks and often the leylines hidden deep beneath the earth. The Stonetouched are mighty warriors and very cunning combatants.

The Marg'han are a shamanistic society that has only recently been restored to its old pagan ways. Temples that were torn down by Overlord Garur were erected once more and the many slaves conscripted themselves into the ranks of Hellhammer. As descendants of the Ma'uberaki, the Marg'han have a long legacy behind them. Their major city is Hellhammer.

The Marg'han Gladiator
DURING the reign of Overlord Garur and then Unsai`Torak (Garur's first son), slaves were often built up by harsh training and starvation so that they could fight each other in the infamous Ma’uberaki Arena whilst Overlords would merely be amused. When both were overthrown by Serag-Vrak (Garur's second son) and the whole tribe was once again united by the belief of earth, the Marg’han Gladiators had no use to Serag-Vrak other than to guard and serve the people if it is ever needed and to extract the memory of the old ways and accept the new.
The Gladiators are a strong breed who fights with speed and extreme force to obliterate his opponents with his great axe.

The Pale'nor, or Pale Ones, are a different kind to that of the Marg'han. They are frail and cunning and often use magic drawn from leylines to eliminate their foes. The Pale'nor reside in Palemoon Hold below the Crydus Mountains where they furiously battle with the dwarves for control of the mountain range. The Pale'nor also have acute memory and their minds are brilliant, some can even observe the future.

The Evernight Ranger
LEYLINES were forged beneath the earth by unknown forces, though some rumour them to have been created by the Might. Leylines carry mystical energies around the planet that could be drawn by those touched by the Sight. Such forces include the Evernight Rangers of Palemoon Hold. The Evernight Rangers are magicians who have studied the arts and have a love for the bow and arrow, often fusing the two to create an astonishing opponent.
The Evernight Rangers are often seen as cunning and untrustworthy, not even their people have learned to trust them for their sorcery.

Scripter
As we plan to have many systems within the map as well as a completely new PvP RPG experience and a different gamestyle to a majority of RPGs, we require someone who can bring these systems to life.
+ Experienced in GUI and/or JASS
+ Be able to create and design systems by applying your own knowledge and creativity
+ Must have JNGP

Skinner/Modeler
The RPG will require a skinner or modeler to help design our heroes and perhaps the units used within the game.
+ Must be able to prove that you are skilled
+ Must be able to work with limits

As some features are not yet distinct and things are still being conceptualized, I will try to answer your questions accurately.

Last edited:
Level 11
I rewrote the "Storyline" section with much improvement, in my opinion. :)

Also maybe we should post descriptions for the other classes?

Cmon guys it's a great idea and will be a great map read it and join us! :smile:
And if you think there's something wrong or bad at least post suggestions or reasons why you don't wanna join :)

Level 2
Hm. Hm!...
I can occupy position of scripter. I can use properly GUI and JASS...
You can give me some kind of task, to verify that)

Level 17
Okay. If you could design some sort of talents system using either JASS or GUI. It doesn't need to be a real talent tree. If you're creative, you might avoid using a talent tree and use something else? Just one that proves your ability. If you play WoW, then you know what a talent tree is. Otherwise, http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?c=Death+Knight.

Level 11
Basically each talent boosts one of your abilities or stats, and it functions like a Tech Tree. We will be using this feature in the map :smile:

We basically want you to create the manner in which the talents are chosen, not the talents themselves, just use some dummy or channel abilities or something.

(And no neither of us play WoW, even though we are drawing ideas from it)

Last edited:
Level 11
Rainbow Evil, well Wolfe has ideas completely down thats basically what he does in the world of mapping, however If you do join up it would be good if everyone was contributing to the creating the ideas for this RPG, or you will quickly lose interest. So we will all fill that role. :thumbs_up:

As for GUI/Scripter, I've heard that Wolfe has been talking to M4stah.

But we do very much need a Terrainer. Do you have any screenshots of maps you have terrained, particularly if they are maps with a fair about of lore, story, or plot (those always have the most effort in terraining, like an RPG, ORPG, Campaign, or even a melee. Or if you participate in the Art of Terraining (Making terrain for screenshots), those will do to.

Status
Not open for further replies.