• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Codex : RPG is recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4

Project Status

reputation_pos.gif
Online!
Recruitment Status:
reputation_pos.gif
Open and recruiting!
Map status:
Terrain Units Triggers Items Heroes Gallery
0% 0% 1% 2% 0% N/A
Greetings,

The status is in my sig below,
The map is relatively an idea at this moment though I have done a bit of character work for models and skins... Now onto my map...

Codex : RPG is not just a ORPG where you run around for no real reason. :vw_unimpressed:

No it is an actual RPG with a storyline and more... There are a few ideas in which I want to go off of but the basic is: A war has been going on for a long long time, 50+ years between 3 Factions: The Imperium, The Emperor's Chapter, and The Resistance (Will be re-name more then likely). These three factions have been fighting now when Codex takes place I am deciding either to place it AFTER the war or During the war allowing players to choose a faction to fight with adding more of a PvP feel to the RPG (Lot of extra work if its reachable).
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Now with a war going on so long, a new threat arises (Go figure eh? BUT it has a twist!) A threat which the Factions have named "Sin" or "Consequence" has arisen and it is a horror force to deal with, What truly has happened is a Rip between Reality and the Human Subconscious has opened. Allowing the horror, the fear of humanity, and religion to escape into the reality of our world.

Some ideas of where to start the hero's at are:
- During the Grand war between the three factions allowing the player to choose a faction this will increase the PvP aspect of the game
- After the war, when the Emperor's Chapter(Bad guys) is defeated the players will fight with the Imperium
- After the war when the Imperium (good guys) has been defeated.

NOW what recruits I would look for: (Note: I am not looking for a HUGE team)

Description
----------------------
Advanced trigger and JASS is important now a days considering how expected it is to have advanced features in an RPG in order for it to be considered a "Good map" so it's quite important to have people who know where their doing with such a ability. I am indeed learning JASS but so far I am not so good with it. :p

positions:
1-2
Current Members:
1. -Open-
2. -Open-

Description
-----------------------------
Skills being the abilities the player uses Codex uses a very simple way of abilities I am deciding between starting the Hero off with them (such as in TBR) and they level with time or with the cost of gold, or Letting the level them via the menu icon like if they were in a normal game, Ability working is such the case as making custom abilities such as auras or AoE or single enemy abilities. This is a very importantarea to fill as I don't know much about skill development.

Positions:
1-2
Current Members:
1. -Open-
2. -Open-

-Item Dev
Description
------------------------------
Developing items and custom items with icons custom abilities and custom effects this not being a ORPG or a "Make your character OP" RPG the items are sensible and reasonable as they progress I want to use class, and Transforming items such as when the hero reaches a certain level the item can transform into astronger item instead of going with class sets and so fourth.
Positions:
1-2
Current Members:
1. -Open-
2. -Open-

Description
------------------
A custom Model and Icon for improved look and feel of the RPG Doodad's are an important addition onto the map and having them look good is very important as Warcraft is terrible with resizing their objects and buildings I am not looking for a completely custom map but hero's and icons are really what I'm looking into.
Positions:
1-2
Current Members:
1. -Open-
2. -Open-

Developer Job Active/Inactive
Arcisal Custom Loading Screen/Minimap
reputation_pos.gif
Active
TimeDead Lead Designer, Project Leader
reputation_pos.gif
Active

A Noble Faction of people who fight for freedom and democracy of the world, this faction wishes to spread its style of diplomacy throughout the world leading people through the lands to a better future, they consist of Nobles, and Middle classmen But none of the poorer faction The poorer class consists of the imperium soldiers the imperium is honorable and good (basically the good guys) and they treat everything as it should be And address things fairly without corruption. They fight in the name of honor, and for a better tomorrow.

The Emperor's chapter is a faction the commanders being Strictly Noblemen the army consisting of Middle class and poor class soldiers, They are a dictatorship in sight to control the world and all of its resources. They seek money and power and do not care for what their people would think but only what would make their pockets and purses heavier. The soldiers fight with Fear as their motivation as if they retreat they are sentenced to death for treason. They are to afraid to change sides or even stand against the chapter. As death could be around the corner. The Emperor has ears and eyes everywhere. and his voice encourages the loyalist and frightens those who wish to stand against him.

The Resistance seeks to end the war once and for all. The resistance is Purely poor to middle class men and women with a few nobles at their side. They seek to end the war and establish their own style of government and freedom one where they can make a living and not have to worry about losing their lively hood to a government such as the imperium or the Emperor's Chapter.

A War has been brought upon the lands of Castren that has been fought for the past 5 decades (50 years) the people are weary and the deaths are staggering still managing to climb every day. The players play a Ancient Spirit for a Champion long passed away to come back and fight along side the faction But little do they know thats not the only thing thats coming upon them a force that has come through a "Rip" or "Void" between the Human Subconscious and reality is now fighting to take control of the lands and turn it into its own kingdom and kill or enslave all of humanity. They have no regret and factions deaths only make them stronger the force is nearly unstoppable attacking cities and taking them over to be their servants or their power source the Champions must put a stop to the attacks or the lands of the Old Castren Empire will soon be lost to the shadows of "Sin"

The lands of the Castren where all once united under control of the old kingdom of Castren the lord was fair to his people and kind at heart the lands were prosperous neighbors loved neighbors Until the king had passed away, he had no air to this throne, so the Emperor's Chapter came to be and not long after the Imperium started to fight and return what the past king had started so long ago. And make it prosperous the land is divide now and everyone is at each others throats over control. And war seems to be the only option.

Q. Will there be save and load in this game?
A. Yes, save/load systems will be implemented into the RPG

Q. What will the level cap be?
A. I am thinking between 150 and 250

Q. If you choose not to start during the war will there still be pvp?
A. Of course PvP will be implemented either way.

Q. If you start after the war will this "Sin" group still appear?
A. Yes, sin will be in the game no matter where we start as it is a KEY function to the storyline and you will be fighting sin anyway we start.
The attached pictures are just some messing around I did, no custom or modeled units and buildings, just simple stuff.
Maybe more along the way these are just the main ideas... Please feel free to discuss the map and signing up here.

Much love,
TimeDead

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    2 MB · Views: 151
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Level 12
I like the idea. Reminds me of the Imperium in Warhammer 40k and the Space Marines. I also love the idea of a Rip between Reality and the Human Subconscious. Pretty original.

I can't do JASS or vJASS, a mere noob. But I can definitely help you to create a map preview and a custom loading screen.

I also can do some terraining, but since you didn't mention. Well, just thought you'd like to know.

Level 4
I like the idea. Reminds me of the Imperium in Warhammer 40k and the Space Marines. I also love the idea of a Rip between Reality and the Human Subconscious. Pretty original.

I can't do JASS or vJASS, a mere noob. But I can definitely help you to create a map preview and a custom loading screen.

I also can do some terraining, but since you didn't mention. Well, just thought you'd like to know.

Well I am decent with Terraining but if you can do custom or if your greatest skill is with terrain then im all for it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.