• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Tolerot RPG Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Please note that this is not a "Gaias ORPG" or "TKOK RPG" map, nor will it ever be. I'd like it to scale with them, but my skills in terraining are basic. So, I do not mind the new people out there starting to improve their skills by joining a project. Please, just because you have a few months of experience does not mean this is not the project for you. I actually decided to make this project for people to improve their skills. Now, I am VERY flexible with peoples experience, but not knowing how to change damage and what not and applying for a position on the Object Managing Team is not acceptable, or applying for a position on the Triggering Team and not knowing how to make a VERY BASIC SPELL. Also, applying for a terraining position and not knowing how to use the object editor to change sizes and what not is not acceptable as well. You need the basic knowledge of your skill to apply. Please, this is not a project where people hold your hand, this is a project to improve your skills in what you want to be as a Warcraft Map Maker.

Tales of Tolerot RPG

This is my first attempt at creating a RPG game, but I hope to make it as epic as possible, hope for the best! Now, I planned this all out, from heroes to races, regions to level zone, to an average story! A map of the land is attached at the bottom.

Story
Tolerot, the kingdom of light, stands as one agaisnt the forces of evil. Volese, the Lord of Darkness, has released terror upon the kingdom of Tolerot. Nothing will be the same, nothing is safe anymore. Now, who will stop him, who will take up the task. Now, 10 years of terror and the people of Talerot have had enough, they need to put an end to it. Only you can tell the outcome...

Gameplay
The gameplay to Tales of Tolerot RPG is very simple. Pick one of the 3 playable races and start in Sulan, the starting village. Do quests, level up, get items, and help fight the final battle between Tolerot and Solth!

Playable Races/Classes
The playable races in Tales of Tolerot will be:

Humans
High Elves
Dwarves

The playable classes in Tales of Tolerot will be:

Warrior
Fire Wizard
Paladin
Rogue
Cleric
Barbarian
Ice Mage
Ranger

Quests/Items
There will be hundreds of items and quests in Tales of Talerot for players to complete. Yes, I know, the complaining of the "pointless killing quests" will be included. Though, there will be one epic main questline for players to fulfill. Each town in Tales of Talerot has a part in the epic (not so epic) questline.

Abilities
Abilities in Tales of Talerot will be modified to be (Str/Agi/Int) + (Dmg). I.E. - Strx2 + 75Dmg. Str of 12 = 24+75 = 99 Total Damage.

Powerful Melee Spells such as Barbarian/Warrior/Paladin strikes will be determined by the Str attribute.

Quick Spells done by the Ranger/Rogue will be determined by the AGI attribute.

Healing and Damage Spells done by the Cleric/Ice Mage/Fire Mage will be determined by the INT attribute.

Systems To Be Added
-Creep Revival System
-Save/Load System
-Threat System
-Epic Boss Fights
-Difficulty System (Maybe)
-Level Cap of 40
-Epic Map Size of 480x480
-Scaling Spells
-Hero Selection Process
-Triggered Spells
-Hundreds of Quests and Monsters
-Epic Dungeons
-Backpack System
-Item Carry System (1 2H weapon/2 1H weapon)

Extra Information
More information about classes and what not will not be released until I find a team to do this project.

Team

Terraining Team
Roden - Terrainer
(Open) - Terrainer

Triggering Team
If you can do several of these, then apply to all that is needed!
(Open) - Systems Triggerer
(Open) - Enhanced Spell Making Triggerer
(Open) - Item/Quest Triggerer

Brainstorming Team
(Open) - Item Creater
(Open) - Quest Creator
(Open) - Story Writer

Object Managing Team
Lifee - Custom Unit Creator
Lifee - Item Creator
(Open) - Balancing

Creating Team
(Open) - Modeller
(Open) - 2D Modellor
(Open) - Skinner

Please note that not all of these positions will be filled.
Application Process
Name - (Your Name)
Location - (Country)
Time Avaliablity - (Hrs a day/week)
MSN/Email/Contact Info - (MSN/AIM/Yahoo/Email)
Skill(s) - (Your Skill)
Applying Job - (Applying for Job)
Experience - (Experience with your skill)
Rate Yourself - (Rate yourself with your skill - 1-5... obviously 1 is not an option, but a test, but 2 is fine)
(Optional)Work Example - (Terraining SS/Triggering System/Story/ect.)
(Optional)Personal Background - (Really anything else you'd like to add)

I will be doing a little of everything besides triggering since I am not that skilled in it. Now, I don't want to spend a lot of time on all of these things because I'd like to get the terraining process going.

Attachments

• ToT%20Map.jpg
    ToT%20Map.jpg
    536.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 7
Name - Bart
Location - Illinois (America)
Time Avaliablity - 2+ hours
Skill(s) - Good at thinking and making original stuff up
Experience - Worked in maps such as Tales of Meryndia.
Rate Yourself - 3 1/2

Level 2
Name - Bart
Location - Illinois (America)
Time Avaliablity - 2+ hours
Skill(s) - Good at thinking and making original stuff up
Experience - Worked in maps such as Tales of Meryndia.
Rate Yourself - 3 1/2
Could you please finish the application? I added 2 more questions after you posted this because I just realized I didn't add them in. Anyway, of course you could help, but edit with contact info and which job you are applying for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.