• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Map Lag Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey, im working on a rather larger multiplayer rpg map, and up until recently the game has run with almost no lag. I just completed the triggers for the second boss and when i tired to test it, i could barely move the mouse because of the lag.
Can anyone help me?

---
[About the map]:
You choose from 26 heroes and hunter down a demonic army commander that in invading your world. He has already destroyed your home village and you seek revenge. Follow the path and you unravel what is really behind this invasion. Fight 9 unique bosses, each with their own abilities and stages. Gather epic items to carry your heroes to the heart of the invasion.
-
heroes can go to level 15
lot of triggers used to make bosses and the path to the bosses.
just finsihed second boss and have over 3998 doodads (if that might contribute)
many starting triggers including share the units of leaving/unused players, a leaderboard, weather, black mask, selections, unit levels, stances, ect.
so far have 3 cinimatics: destruction of your home town, 1st boss beginning, 2nd boss beginning.

If you want, i can email you a version of the map if u want to see for yourself

Please help!!
~Sorccerer

Level 3
Hey there, Sorccerer. I believe there are a couple of things that could contribute to the massive amounts of extra lag you recently encountered. I'd ask you to post the triggers, but that would be a pain in the ass i know. So if you would like you can send me a version of the map, and i can take a quick peek at it and tell you your problems -- you may have one too many leaks in the triggers i'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.