• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Royale Desync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hey, so over the last few days i've been trying to get version 2.00 of my map Warcraft Royale to work, but every time i play it with 6+ we get 1, 3 or near full desync on all players. I'm a bit at a loss here because i've practically tried everything. It's recorded to happen between 0:16-0:55s into the game most of the time, with as far in as 3:00s. The variable nature of the desync made me believe that it's a loop, but i've disabled practically every trigger except the few ones that make the game even start:

Define Variables (Literally just variables)
Start (5 Triggers to boot up the game, all ending 17s into the game)
Game Mode (Enabled between 0:00 - 0:17s)
Circle Timer: 4 triggers (Not enable until timer expires until 6min into game)
Circle: Update: Circle Decay (Same as above)
Hero Pick: HU/ORC/NE/UD/NEU (All one time instances)

So i guess i'm looking for reasons outside the norm. that causes desyncs?

Level 39
Shockwave makes a terrain deformation, but that deformation only exists for players that have vision of the target area. If one tries to get the z height of a location affected by the shockwave it will return an asynchronous value unless all players can see the location.
Don't use Shockwave at all. Use Crushing Wave or Carrion Swarm instead.

Level 24
So i've tested the last batch of triggers and i still get desync.
I'm out of ideas of things to try out.
Are there any known issues to using Vexorians Optimizer in 2019?

Attachments

• Vex.jpg
    Vex.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 38
Level 8
My map used to desync randomly ONLY after 10 minutes (tested over hundreds of games), typically during combat. Even when theres no spells or triggers running it desyncs. I can confirm this because i added debugging code that prints out messages when trigger is running. After testing in reforged it desynced well before 10 minutes. So i suspect it might have something to do with how laggy the game is. Maybe big maps and more players have a higher chance of desyncing?

Status
Not open for further replies.