• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a

Welcome to
Revenge of The King Rhobar ORPG

193162-albums6567-picture71279.png

Revenge of the King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is an 8 player map designed for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It consists of a lot of different playable classes, each having up to 10 spells. There are multiple towns filled with quests where you can level up your character, or receive an item reward. This map is highly based on using professions. There's a unique system used for crafting, which adds to the gameplay. The map is newbie friendly, but also challenging after leveling up to the maximum. The project has started on the 6. December 2009, being "Vuto's ORPG" it's first name, due to my very old nickname. Since then, the map has been remade a couple of times, showing a great gap between the versions. Up to 8 players can play the map.

193162-albums6567-picture71278.png

- 16 Heroes
- Over 200 Custom Abilities
- Custom Profession System, up to 55 craftable items (Increased with each version)
- PVP Arena
- Improved Chat System
- Save and Load System
- Backpack System
- Dungeons
- Events (Including Gold Hunt, Fishing, Arenas. More are coming with new versions)
- Improved Mana Cost System (Mana cost is based on the base + depending on the hero level)
- Improved Summons (Certain summoned units will benefit from your main stats)
- Boss Arena
- PvP AoS
- PvE AoS
- 8 Different stats in the map: Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, Perception, Expertise, and Luck.
- Loot System (Including rare drops from general mobs, and gear gained by doing dungeons)
- 7 Unique Cities full of quests
- Knockback System (Each strike has a chance to knock the enemy backwards)
- "Easter Eggs"
- Certain items grant reward upon being found all together.
- Quest Chains, for some quests you have to complete other quests.
- Mount system with model of a rider on it.
- Grinding Quests
- Gathering Quests
- Story Line
- Fun commands
- In-game commands
- Unique Color and Interface
- Unique Item type colors
- Unique Hero names
- Item Sets (When having certain sets of items in inventory, you are rewarded with bonus stats)
And much more...

When you select your hero, the first thing to choose from is enhancing your passive spells. For now, you can enhance Evasion, or Critical Strike.

After that is done, you can choose which one of the main attributes (Strength, Agility, or Intelligence) will be further enhanced by 5. This is a minor low level addition.

193162-albums6567-picture71585.png

List of Heroes:

Intelligence Based Heroes
-Fire Mage
-Water Mage
-Dark Mage
-Light Mage
-Shaman
-Druid
-Elementalist

Strength Based Heroes
-Warrior
-Paladin
-Tauren
-Knight
-Slayer

Agility Based Heroes
-Ranger
-Demon Hunter
-Shadow Hunter
-Blademaster

193162-albums6567-picture71586.png

As mentioned earlier, this map is heavily based on Professions. There are various Professions, usable by everyone, regardless of the Class. Some reward Passive Items, other Active Items.

- Blacksmithing - You can make various armors and weapons here. The crafted Items usually give Strength as main stat, along with offensive or defensive other stats. The core materials of Blacksmithing are Ores, gained by Mining.

- Leatherworking - This Profession allows you to craft items which when held grant Agility bonuses. Along with that, they will also grant bonuses to physical damage. Main material in this Profession is Leather Skins, which are obtained by killing wild animals.

- Tailoring - Tailoring is mostly used for Mages, as the items crafted from it grant Intelligence as main stat. Their other stats include maximum Mana pool, and Mana Regeneration. Wools of all sorts are used for Tailoring, which are gained by killing any enemy unit.

- Alchemy - Allows you to craft Potions. There are 3 types of Potions:
-Potions with Permanent Effects
-Restoration Potions
-Combat Potions

Each Recipe requires a Vial of Water, which can be bought at the nearest Toolmaker.

- Orb Crafting - This Profession allows you to craft offensive items, which on hit grant different effects. Very useful for both PvP and PvE. You can find the materials at their special places.

- Mining - You can acquire multiple stones and ores by Mining. Once you obtain an Ore, you can Smelt it to turn it into Bars. Bars are used for all Blacksmithing Recipes.

Lockpicking

Treasure_chest.png
There are various Chests all over the map with valuable loot. To open it, you need a special Lockpick, crafted by using the Blacksmithing. The better the material it's based of, higher the chance to open the Lock.

Revenge of The King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is also based on player's Combat Role. Each class has one or more roles they can fit in, and their damage done and damage dealt are based on it.

193162-albums6567-picture71280.png

Will be added very soon.

193162-albums6567-picture71276.png

Version 4.1a:

-Fixed Save/Load Bug, and few other minor bug fixes

Expected for next version:

-No idea at the moment, few tweaks on items and professions.

Old Changelog:

Version 4.1:
-Certain bug fixes, added more information about the map in the hints
-Changes to Professions, more items
-New Combat systems and stats
-Made low level combat easier

Version 4.0b:
-Reduced map size.
-Made Lockpicking system
-Added new Recipes and Items.

Version 4.0a:
-Made certain map modifications in terms of size.

193162-albums6567-picture71277.png

-Models and Skins:
Kitabatake
RaidonGod
NexusBlizzard
Chriz
skrab
Daelin
RedFuser
Stanakin Skywalker
sPy
DonDustin
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Tranquil
Callahan
Mr. Bob
Jo27killed
Zerox
General Frank
hortaxman
Dionesiist
debode
Sunchips
Thrikodius
MistAssass
Tr!KzZ
Boneknight
Dan van Ohllus
communist_orc
cash42
zadelim
HappyTauren
Hueter
Red Shift
Pins
markone
Dentothor
GreyArchon
Amigurumi
Chaosfury
TotallyAwesome

-Icons:
GooS
Static
NFWar
kola
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Darkmoon Hero
Pyramidhe@d
Lightskin
KelThuzad
-BerZeKeR-
Archangel_Tidusx
Mobilize
Elainiel
MortAr-
The_Silent
bigapple90
lelyanra
The D3ath
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kallimachos
Golden-Drake
Mr.Goblin
Paladon
Muoteck
IamtheRper
L_Lawliet
-Stygian-
Coinblin
Darkfang
DiscipleOfLife
Blaxor
Palaslayer
bloodyroadkill
bAsToIsE

-Special Thanks to:
Crazy Sheep - For camera and some ideas
AceHart - For Save/Load System
Dream^|eLjIn - For many ideas
bananaHUNT - For awesome Game Interface
Belgarath - For cool text message system
matej - For Supporting me
Neuros - Also for supporting me
Spasorc - Ideas, Icons

If there's anyone I forgot, please, let me know in the comments below, and I'll add the author as soon as the new version is out.

193162-albums6567-picture71584.png

You may contact me through mail ([email protected]). I'm also online on Garena, and Hiveworkshop.com

Author's Note
If you are stuck on loading screen, make sure you do the following:
-Get the latest version of the map
-Get the latest patch of Warcraft 3
-Set the quality to highest (Model especially)
-If all else fails, disabling 3d sound might work (Not sure though)

Keywords:
RoTKR, Revenge of The King Rhobar, RPG, ORPG, Vunjo, Vuto, Boss, Bosses, Arena, PvP, PvE, Quest, Level
Contents

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a (Map)

Reviews
14:54, 5th Mar 2011 Cweener: Approved

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
The smelting has been fixed, there was literally 1 typo in the entire system that made it not work. The next version will have this fix included.

I can also use testers to avoid such bugs. If anyone has some free time, and is willing to spend some time testing the map, please, do tell me.

Level 6
War3 force closes on loading.. [40-50%]
Multiplayer game; 2Players.
Tested 2 times. Result: SAME[ Crash/ Force Close - without any error or so]
UP to my PC or Map leaks?

Vunjo

Level 14
Thanks for the support. I just feel a little depressed that the map won't work for everyone. I'd fix it if it was the optimization problems, but it turns out it's not. I suppose I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm currently working on returning most of the contents back but with an improved system included in it. I'll be adding a lot more items very soon.

Level 3
Could u upload ur map on Makemehost everytime u make a new version?
If u email them, they will grant u mapmaker status, and u can upload the map without submitting a request

Level 3
Some Suggestions/Bug reports (I played 4.0a):

1. Troll Weed cant be stacked
2. Troll Weed can only be turned in once (dont know if u wanted it like that, but it drops too much for a one-time-quest) -> EVEN THE FUCKING FISH DROP IT XD
3. Its annoying that u have to read the Quest text everytime u go past a Quest NPC (U really should add a virtual Questbook)
4. Creeps respawn way to fast, i think double the respawn time is good ;)
5. Respawn points in the Towns would be nice
6. Item Types (Bow, Shield, Sword, Axe, Leather, Plate, and so on)
7. Item cleanup would be nice
8. If u pick "Lvl 100 Mob Farm" before u are lvl 100, u are stuck with the item in inventory
9. The Lvl 30 Skill of Ranger "Serpent Sting" Hotkey doesnt work
10. U can enter/exit the fishing area through the northern trees, can be used as a shortcut
11. Maybe change the weapon shop in the first town, so that it doesnt drop next to the shop (only after i bought like 10 items, i realized they are dropped on the ground)
12. The Ranger from Ashur (top left corner town) that goes hunting with u, stays in the wolf forest and kills wolves all the time (counts for quest, so u can just patrol at quest guy to complete :p)
13. The Attack Type says (at ranger) 125% to all armor types, but it does only 20% to elite, so either u write all the different % of dmg to each armor type, or let me deal 125% to elite xD (just a suggestion)
14. Furbolg Set Recipes: Helmet and Gloves say +200 Dmg when u have 2 pieces, while Chestplate and Boots say +100
15. Fish spawn all the time, stacking to up to infinite numbers (1 aoe and u get a big chunk of fish items)
16. The Manacost for abilites are a bit high later (Ranger lvl 51, got 2240 Mana without items, Last Skill needs 250+51*25=1525 Manacost.... oO)
17. There are many quests where u cant see what u got for completing it, cuz it shows the "Quest Accepted" Message instead of the Reward Message
18. Can u make a backpack that is following u? cuz if u try to pick up an item an enemy dropped and u switch to backpack (no items -> less life/armor/dmg/etc) u die by the fast respawn

Last edited:

Vunjo

Level 14
I appreciate your comment. Let me answer the notes.
1. and 2. Troll Weed was reported today by my tester, it's a known bug and will be fixed as soon as possible.
3. The quests are kind of simple to understand, though I might add them as optional quests listed in F9.
4. I might set it to ~20 seconds or so.
5. There was a teleporter in versions before which you could use to teleport to any town. This was removed due to being too simple and not fit with the current version. There will be updates on this as well.
6. I also had item types before, but honestly, they became boring to me. It's a matter of perspective, I don't like that type of items.
7. I suppose I forgot to cleanup new items. I'll fix it.
8. Will be fixed.
9. Will be fixed.
10. Will be fixed.
11. The weapon shop has been removed from 4.0b due to selling unneeded items. In (near) future, there might be an improved system for weapon shops (Similar to what Alchemy is now).
12. Ashur is an old town, and I plan to remake it one day, as I did with the rest of the towns.
13. The attack type isn't quite following the Warcraft 3 rules. If the attack type says it deals 125% damage, then it deals 25% more damage than an average class would deal. The numbers are not round, and I wanted to make it as simple as possible.
14. Weird, will take a look at it.
15. As the upcoming changelog says, Fishing is on the list for a remake.
16. The Manacost of abilities is balanced throughout the game. This map is highly based on using Permanent Potions from Alchemy, or finding other items that increase your stats permanently. If you do not have enough mana, then your Intelligence (As in stat) is low for the Hero's level.
17. I'll see what I can do.
18. I didn't understand what you mean. What's wrong with the current backpack system?

Thanks for the comment, once again. This will sure help me fix the most important bugs.

Level 1
Bugs:
1. Killing of creep boss (Hydra or big wolf, for example) is teleport your hero to foursquare in trees and there is not exit. (Maybe you should add command for suicide, for temporally escape from such bugs in future).
2. Quest from head hunter, where you need to kill 3 creeps bosses (Bandit, Troll and Gnol). Counter of collected heads (they should to drop their heads?) is not works.
3. About blacksmith bars is already said.
4. Stolen horse is not interesting for creeps, so I can walk in most places to explore the area. (it is bug or not, I am not sure).
5. When I -save my hero, in inventory only left top (first) ANY item saved.
6. Like Rpgmaniac says, when you switch from hero to backpack, your hero lost all bonuses from items placed in inventory. Now hero use items bonuses placed in backpack, till switch from backpack to inventory. It is bug?
7. When hero goes to mining circle. Mining is started and if some creep will attack you, you will receive ore two times.
8. Where I can see the names of towns? Maybe you should to place some marks near of each entrance.
9. Quest in main town, when you helps to make arrows (need to mine diamond ore). After bring ore to blacksmith I can receive arrows as many time as I want and bring it to archer near blacksmith.
10. Orb maker is do nothing when I bring orb of water, fire and darkness, like says in Quest from Orb maker.
11. Quest from constantine engineers (bring blacksmith hummer) is not working.

You need to add more information how to play in your map (create items, open chests and many else details). It can be like a hint in which way to think. By the way not all knows how to -save and -load, add it to list of commands.

Last edited:
Level 1
The map is playable by turning off 3D audio in sound option. Seem like i played it a long time ago, it become harder now. Where is my dragon :(
The Lich boss quest bonus is too low i think, killing bandit or troll would be faster and safer.
Some quest can only done once and by one player only. (stealing gold, getting the 30 int staff)
I don't know how to get to other cities now, did you make the map smaller in 4.0b ?

Vunjo

Level 14
The map is playable by turning off 3D audio in sound option. Seem like i played it a long time ago, it become harder now. Where is my dragon :(
The Lich boss quest bonus is too low i think, killing bandit or troll would be faster and safer.
Some quest can only done once and by one player only. (stealing gold, getting the 30 int staff)
I don't know how to get to other cities now, did you make the map smaller in 4.0b ?

Just follow the road and you can't miss other cities. I'll add new signs and teleporters very soon.

Level 3
Bugs:
1. Killing of creep boss (Hydra or big wolf, for example) is teleport your hero to foursquare in trees and there is not exit. (Maybe you should add command for suicide, for temporally escape from such bugs in future).
There is a command: -done
(Should also be added to F9, or maybe show a message when in the Item Loot room)

Level 6
It's about the new features that simply require a better pc due to WE bounds. I've tested it on my pcs and it worked fine, on others it doesn't work, but I can't help it.

.. Then I am not able to play it.. :goblin_cry:

Any Requirements that I "MUST HAVE" ??

Last edited:
Level 1
The Lich King drop nothing ?? And how to teleport to the castle for the battle ?? I used my mount, but those 2 level 40 mages can't get there.
The dark mage can finger of dead ally or himself.
The light mage regen aura make everyone regen 100% max hp/s ??
Reaching level 20 and the game become so easy for some heroes.

Vunjo

Level 14
The Lich King drop nothing ?? And how to teleport to the castle for the battle ?? I used my mount, but those 2 level 40 mages can't get there.
The dark mage can finger of dead ally or himself.
The light mage regen aura make everyone regen 100% max hp/s ??
Reaching level 20 and the game become so easy for some heroes.

The Lich King's items were temporarily removed due to new versions being "beta" and new items are being created from time to time. The Castle is also a work in progress.
The Dark Mage and Light Mage will be fixed.

Items are also saved, but there was a recent bug where only the first item was saved, I'm trying to fix it as well.

Level 2
Hey. uhh just a quick question. Anyone know how to get to the firelord? :p Can't fly to him, and as far as i know, there's no portals. Soo anyone knows? Thanks in advance

Vunjo

Level 14
Hey. uhh just a quick question. Anyone know how to get to the firelord? :p Can't fly to him, and as far as i know, there's no portals. Soo anyone knows? Thanks in advance

He's currently disabled. There are other things also disabled due to lack of teleporters. I'll release them when the time comes.

Level 2
Hey. dunno if you're still working on this. but i have one suggestion. I haven't been able to play it for quite some time now, but the Urn that drops from the Ursa boss, the tanking item has i think it was 200 stamina plus some hp regen and armor. but the stamina component is.. fairly useless really. it's quite suboptimal as far as tanking goes. losing so much strength compared to other items that's supposed to be worse. any chance you could change the stamina into strength, or lower the amount abit if it's too good if its 200 str?

Vunjo

Level 14
Hey. dunno if you're still working on this. but i have one suggestion. I haven't been able to play it for quite some time now, but the Urn that drops from the Ursa boss, the tanking item has i think it was 200 stamina plus some hp regen and armor. but the stamina component is.. fairly useless really. it's quite suboptimal as far as tanking goes. losing so much strength compared to other items that's supposed to be worse. any chance you could change the stamina into strength, or lower the amount abit if it's too good if its 200 str?

Yes, I'm still working on the project. The items have been remade in past versions, and stats now make much more sense. Stamina is not useless in fact, as it can help tanking (If there are 2 or more tanks or offtanks) so the players can switch roles. There are also few heals that are based on maximum health.

Level 2
It's good to know you're still working on it :) and uhm.. i apologize if i sound like a douche. but i dont really understand your point.
i'm well aware that more hp is always good, both generally and on tanks / offtanks. as well as the heals scaling with hp. but my point is simply that the stamina stat, to my knowledge at least, only increases HP, while strength increases hp as well as giving some hp regen and damage, both through being mainstat for str classes and for active and passive abilities that scales with str. For eksample the ability that gives the slayer a chance to get healed for a portion of his total str when he's attacked would be much weaker. again, i havent played in a while, so i might be wrong. Alternatively it would make more sense to have abit of stamina on caster stuff, so they're a tad less squishy, than having stamina instead of strength for strength based classes regardless if they're tanks, offtanks or just pure dps.
regardless it's not a big issue and i'm fine either ways :) just wanted to clarify why i think stam is very suboptimal compared to strength.

Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:

Vunjo

Level 14
It's good to know you're still working on it :) and uhm.. i apologize if i sound like a douche. but i dont really understand your point.
i'm well aware that more hp is always good, both generally and on tanks / offtanks. as well as the heals scaling with hp. but my point is simply that the stamina stat, to my knowledge at least, only increases HP, while strength increases hp as well as giving some hp regen and damage, both through being mainstat for str classes and for active and passive abilities that scales with str. For eksample the ability that gives the slayer a chance to get healed for a portion of his total str when he's attacked would be much weaker. again, i havent played in a while, so i might be wrong. Alternatively it would make more sense to have abit of stamina on caster stuff, so they're a tad less squishy, than having stamina instead of strength for strength based classes regardless if they're tanks, offtanks or just pure dps.
regardless it's not a big issue and i'm fine either ways :) just wanted to clarify why i think stam is very suboptimal compared to strength.

Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for your efforts.

Actually, I enjoy wall of texts as comments on the map :)
Some bosses have (Or at least, will have in near future) high burst damage, which can't be healed by any priest, and the only way to survive that, is with stamina. Despite that, Tanks in PvP usually are meant to die, question is when, but eventually they will die, so Stamina directly supports them.

Level 1
It's about the new features that simply require a better pc due to WE bounds. I've tested it on my pcs and it worked fine, on others it doesn't work, but I can't help it.

I doubt my pc cant run that map , its an i7 with 16gb of ram , so yea i dont think thats the problem , i tried disabling 3d sound but still i cant load the map , any suggestion?

Vunjo

Level 14
I wish I knew the problem though. I always test the latest version of the map with my friends, it worked fine for them. I'm guessing it's some sort of hidden 3. party programe that we have but we don't know of. Obviously your pc is strong enough, lossadax, for it :D

Level 2
i dont understand this map....like i played with friends...alot heroes have same ability...and than theres this ability increase your weapon dmg by 1000% yes 1000% not 100% is that glitch ir it should be like that?

Level 2
and i mean even with 1000% glitch thing i could not do dungeons some even together with my friends we all had this ability..so is this full house map play only?

Level 1
and i mean even with 1000% glitch thing i could not do dungeons some even together with my friends we all had this ability..so is this full house map play only?

Yea indeed they are extremely hard , but you need to play with mage classes that can CC him like hex and stuff.

Level 1
how come i cant open iit it always crashes when it arrives in the middle bar

I had the same problem but got fixed in recent version.
but if you still have the problem try this:
When you start the map in w3, BEFORE it starts loading , minimize w3 and wait some minutes till you think it should be done loading up then open w3. It helps if you load it with a friend so he can tell you when you load up ( when hes waiting for players) and you can go in and press a key to start the game.

Level 3
Epic map, but somehow loading screws everything up?
when loaded my STR become 1250 (and stone of power does not work), skill points are not saved properly (i levelled critical strike and after load no points are distributed there), only slot 1 item is saved (yes i know u noticed it already), etc etc, any quick fix?

==EDIT==
Just realizes there is a new version lol, will try now.