• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a

Welcome to
Revenge of The King Rhobar ORPG

193162-albums6567-picture71279.png

Revenge of the King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is an 8 player map designed for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It consists of a lot of different playable classes, each having up to 10 spells. There are multiple towns filled with quests where you can level up your character, or receive an item reward. This map is highly based on using professions. There's a unique system used for crafting, which adds to the gameplay. The map is newbie friendly, but also challenging after leveling up to the maximum. The project has started on the 6. December 2009, being "Vuto's ORPG" it's first name, due to my very old nickname. Since then, the map has been remade a couple of times, showing a great gap between the versions. Up to 8 players can play the map.

193162-albums6567-picture71278.png

- 16 Heroes
- Over 200 Custom Abilities
- Custom Profession System, up to 55 craftable items (Increased with each version)
- PVP Arena
- Improved Chat System
- Save and Load System
- Backpack System
- Dungeons
- Events (Including Gold Hunt, Fishing, Arenas. More are coming with new versions)
- Improved Mana Cost System (Mana cost is based on the base + depending on the hero level)
- Improved Summons (Certain summoned units will benefit from your main stats)
- Boss Arena
- PvP AoS
- PvE AoS
- 8 Different stats in the map: Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, Perception, Expertise, and Luck.
- Loot System (Including rare drops from general mobs, and gear gained by doing dungeons)
- 7 Unique Cities full of quests
- Knockback System (Each strike has a chance to knock the enemy backwards)
- "Easter Eggs"
- Certain items grant reward upon being found all together.
- Quest Chains, for some quests you have to complete other quests.
- Mount system with model of a rider on it.
- Grinding Quests
- Gathering Quests
- Story Line
- Fun commands
- In-game commands
- Unique Color and Interface
- Unique Item type colors
- Unique Hero names
- Item Sets (When having certain sets of items in inventory, you are rewarded with bonus stats)
And much more...

When you select your hero, the first thing to choose from is enhancing your passive spells. For now, you can enhance Evasion, or Critical Strike.

After that is done, you can choose which one of the main attributes (Strength, Agility, or Intelligence) will be further enhanced by 5. This is a minor low level addition.

193162-albums6567-picture71585.png

List of Heroes:

Intelligence Based Heroes
-Fire Mage
-Water Mage
-Dark Mage
-Light Mage
-Shaman
-Druid
-Elementalist

Strength Based Heroes
-Warrior
-Paladin
-Tauren
-Knight
-Slayer

Agility Based Heroes
-Ranger
-Demon Hunter
-Shadow Hunter
-Blademaster

193162-albums6567-picture71586.png

As mentioned earlier, this map is heavily based on Professions. There are various Professions, usable by everyone, regardless of the Class. Some reward Passive Items, other Active Items.

- Blacksmithing - You can make various armors and weapons here. The crafted Items usually give Strength as main stat, along with offensive or defensive other stats. The core materials of Blacksmithing are Ores, gained by Mining.

- Leatherworking - This Profession allows you to craft items which when held grant Agility bonuses. Along with that, they will also grant bonuses to physical damage. Main material in this Profession is Leather Skins, which are obtained by killing wild animals.

- Tailoring - Tailoring is mostly used for Mages, as the items crafted from it grant Intelligence as main stat. Their other stats include maximum Mana pool, and Mana Regeneration. Wools of all sorts are used for Tailoring, which are gained by killing any enemy unit.

- Alchemy - Allows you to craft Potions. There are 3 types of Potions:
-Potions with Permanent Effects
-Restoration Potions
-Combat Potions

Each Recipe requires a Vial of Water, which can be bought at the nearest Toolmaker.

- Orb Crafting - This Profession allows you to craft offensive items, which on hit grant different effects. Very useful for both PvP and PvE. You can find the materials at their special places.

- Mining - You can acquire multiple stones and ores by Mining. Once you obtain an Ore, you can Smelt it to turn it into Bars. Bars are used for all Blacksmithing Recipes.

Lockpicking

Treasure_chest.png
There are various Chests all over the map with valuable loot. To open it, you need a special Lockpick, crafted by using the Blacksmithing. The better the material it's based of, higher the chance to open the Lock.

Revenge of The King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is also based on player's Combat Role. Each class has one or more roles they can fit in, and their damage done and damage dealt are based on it.

193162-albums6567-picture71280.png

Will be added very soon.

193162-albums6567-picture71276.png

Version 4.1a:

-Fixed Save/Load Bug, and few other minor bug fixes

Expected for next version:

-No idea at the moment, few tweaks on items and professions.

Old Changelog:

Version 4.1:
-Certain bug fixes, added more information about the map in the hints
-Changes to Professions, more items
-New Combat systems and stats
-Made low level combat easier

Version 4.0b:
-Reduced map size.
-Made Lockpicking system
-Added new Recipes and Items.

Version 4.0a:
-Made certain map modifications in terms of size.

193162-albums6567-picture71277.png

-Models and Skins:
Kitabatake
RaidonGod
NexusBlizzard
Chriz
skrab
Daelin
RedFuser
Stanakin Skywalker
sPy
DonDustin
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Tranquil
Callahan
Mr. Bob
Jo27killed
Zerox
General Frank
hortaxman
Dionesiist
debode
Sunchips
Thrikodius
MistAssass
Tr!KzZ
Boneknight
Dan van Ohllus
communist_orc
cash42
zadelim
HappyTauren
Hueter
Red Shift
Pins
markone
Dentothor
GreyArchon
Amigurumi
Chaosfury
TotallyAwesome

-Icons:
GooS
Static
NFWar
kola
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Darkmoon Hero
Pyramidhe@d
Lightskin
KelThuzad
-BerZeKeR-
Archangel_Tidusx
Mobilize
Elainiel
MortAr-
The_Silent
bigapple90
lelyanra
The D3ath
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kallimachos
Golden-Drake
Mr.Goblin
Paladon
Muoteck
IamtheRper
L_Lawliet
-Stygian-
Coinblin
Darkfang
DiscipleOfLife
Blaxor
Palaslayer
bloodyroadkill
bAsToIsE

-Special Thanks to:
Crazy Sheep - For camera and some ideas
AceHart - For Save/Load System
Dream^|eLjIn - For many ideas
bananaHUNT - For awesome Game Interface
Belgarath - For cool text message system
matej - For Supporting me
Neuros - Also for supporting me
Spasorc - Ideas, Icons

If there's anyone I forgot, please, let me know in the comments below, and I'll add the author as soon as the new version is out.

193162-albums6567-picture71584.png

You may contact me through mail ([email protected]). I'm also online on Garena, and Hiveworkshop.com

Author's Note
If you are stuck on loading screen, make sure you do the following:
-Get the latest version of the map
-Get the latest patch of Warcraft 3
-Set the quality to highest (Model especially)
-If all else fails, disabling 3d sound might work (Not sure though)

Keywords:
RoTKR, Revenge of The King Rhobar, RPG, ORPG, Vunjo, Vuto, Boss, Bosses, Arena, PvP, PvE, Quest, Level
Contents

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a (Map)

Reviews
14:54, 5th Mar 2011 Cweener: Approved
Level 1
Whatever. Quit posting useless posts here. Thank you. I had enough of your posts.

btw does this rpg has a bot or smth ? i got max stats lvl but i cant kill any bosses beyond wolf/firelord not ligh king not jaina not ursa king or am i just missing smth

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Yes, I will update it as often as I can. New things which will be added soon:
-Threat Meter
-Change some spells (For example, Demon Hunter doesn't need Berserk in the end-game)
-More PvP Events
-PvP Quests
-PvP Items

This is the current list I am working on. :p

Level 6
1 SuGGestion!
Haven't seen the PvP sys [not-tested yet],.. you could do Arena points ,.. which can be spent on better items!
umm you could do Rare & Epic [PvP] Shop!

Vunjo

Level 14
There were changes of save/load system, which may have caused problems if you saved it long time ago.

After a long wait, I'm releasing a version in about a month, made a lot of changes and improvements.

Vunjo

Level 14
New changes have completely changed certain gameplay elements. I can't say for sure when will I upload the newest version, but it will sure have major changes and improvements.

Level 13
I like the map very calm and the terrains were unimaginable i really like this map but for some how i was bored i don't know why

Level 3
I gave this a try today, I like it so far. However you can get a tonne of gold early lol, should probably nerf it slightly, hope to see this go the long yards :)

Vunjo

Level 14
The last uploaded version of this map was over a year ago. Since then, a whole lot of things have been remade, and now I'm working on it every day. If this continues, the map might be finished within 2 weeks.

Vunjo

Level 14
The terrain has been remade. Working on new professions and items now. I'll need some testers really soon. If anyone wishes to help me, contact me (Vunjo) on garena. I'll be online at all times.

Vunjo

Level 14
Well the map isn't made for single player anyway...It's most likely the optimizer that screwed it up. It will be fixed, but the file size will be a bit bigger.

EDIT: Tested it myself and it worked fine...I've got no idea what's going on.

The map is now using a whole lot of systems with tons of variables which are loaded at map initialization. I suppose the map requires a decent PC...or rather, any PC made in 21. century xD

Vunjo

Level 14
The newest version has been uploaded.
This one has less optimizations, so I hope there's a less chance it will crash. I've tested it on different PCs. It is slower at ~40%, but it always loads successfully. Simply avoid trying alt-tab/going to task manager and let it load.

Level 1
I just tryed to play this with my little brother and the loading bard got stuck at 40% we waited 15mins and it wont go past 40% for us.

Vunjo

Level 14
I suppose the map now requires a decent PC due to some new systems. The systems can't be optimised because that would be beyond WE limits. The map itself takes longer to load since a lot of variables need to be preloaded at map initialization.

EDIT: Found a way to avoid this problem. I'll try to load the files a bit later after map initialization and see if it works. The game might lag for first 10 seconds or so, but if it's then playable I think it will be worth it.

Last edited:
Level 1
I suppose the map now requires a decent PC due to some new systems. The systems can't be optimised because that would be beyond WE limits. The map itself takes longer to load since a lot of variables need to be preloaded at map initialization.

EDIT: Found a way to avoid this problem. I'll try to load the files a bit later after map initialization and see if it works. The game might lag for first 10 seconds or so, but if it's then playable I think it will be worth it.

gr8 to hear. just fyi i have a decent computer, so its not a computer problem, i think. can it be with the configuration? texture details and so on? coz i dont remember, how i have it set up. i saw a map which crashed, if you did not use high details.

Vunjo

Level 14
gr8 to hear. just fyi i have a decent computer, so its not a computer problem, i think. can it be with the configuration? texture details and so on? coz i dont remember, how i have it set up. i saw a map which crashed, if you did not use high details.

Well, my theory is that if the pc can't run Wc3 at 60 FPS with highest details...it's not decent. I'm not sure how these configurations work though, so I can't say if the textures or whatever need to be maxed out, but it could help in some way. The thing is I tried it on a rather bad pc and it managed to load, perhaps it's the details. But nevertheless I've found a way to reduce the loading time during the Loading Screen itself, and the fixed version will be uploaded as soon as possible.

Level 1
Well, my theory is that if the pc can't run Wc3 at 60 FPS with highest details...it's not decent. I'm not sure how these configurations work though, so I can't say if the textures or whatever need to be maxed out, but it could help in some way. The thing is I tried it on a rather bad pc and it managed to load, perhaps it's the details. But nevertheless I've found a way to reduce the loading time during the Loading Screen itself, and the fixed version will be uploaded as soon as possible.

well dont know if my pc can run it on 60fps with 3 windows of lineage 2 open :D

Level 3
Any tips on where to find a toolmaker, i noticed that u cant buy bottles/flasks for brewing potions where you used to buy them (alchemist). In which city can i find a toolmaker?

Btw. where can i craft/find the blacksmith hammer, i coudlnt find any hints on how to finish this quest

Last edited:
Level 1
Any tips on where to find a toolmaker, i noticed that u cant buy bottles/flasks for brewing potions where you used to buy them (alchemist). In which city can i find a toolmaker?

Btw. where can i craft/find the blacksmith hammer, i coudlnt find any hints on how to finish this quest

if it is as in the old versions, then you need to have the mats in your inventory and go to the blacksmith. now i dont remember, if you need to have one inventory slot free, or no.
i came with water, plant and bottle to the cauldron in the second village and i received and bottle of ... depends on what you make.

Vunjo

Level 14

There are 4 profession camps "hidden" in the woods. You can find a toolmaker there.

Level 2
Hey, just recently started playing this. This might be a silly question but i'm trying to make use of blacksmithing, but i can't seem to be able to smelt any kind of ore to bars. Been trying all the different forges. I have the blacksmith hammer and i try to use the smelt ore option at the forges, with ores in my inventory and/or backpack but it just triggers the cooldown and the manacost, but it doesn't do anything. Maybe i'm just dumb, but care to enlighten me? :p

Vunjo

Level 14
Hey, just recently started playing this. This might be a silly question but i'm trying to make use of blacksmithing, but i can't seem to be able to smelt any kind of ore to bars. Been trying all the different forges. I have the blacksmith hammer and i try to use the smelt ore option at the forges, with ores in my inventory and/or backpack but it just triggers the cooldown and the manacost, but it doesn't do anything. Maybe i'm just dumb, but care to enlighten me? :p

The ores need to be in your inventory, not in backpack. I remember testing it a while ago and it worked, but I've already forgot some parts of that thingy. I'll take a look at the coding, since it might be a bug. Thanks for the report.

Level 1
Wish that the map would work for me D:

Still getting stuck at about 40%....
Things i tried so far:
Change all the settings to low,
Change all the settings to med,
Change all the settings to high,
Change resolution,
Clean install of Warcraft III

Edit: WOAH, just got the map to load, turned 3D-Audio off in settings and then it got stuck for a short time at about 40% again, but then it loaded o_O

Level 1
i was albe to run the a version of the map yesterday evening. i see that you removed the vampiric aura from slayer :(. i launched it on full detailes and i did had w3 as active window untill the map loads.

Vunjo

Level 14
Thank you for the support guys. I'm working on the map every day, and lots of new updates are coming. At the moment I'll make general and minor gameplay but rather fun changes, perhaps add another event as well. After that is done, which means after a few more versions, I will start developing new stats and new combat abilities.

Level 1
smelting is bugged (not sure)

how to smelt: go near the forge so you own it cast the ability within the forge and hoppppaaa ores in your inventory are bars

i do that over n over and nothing happens

please tell me how to smelt these ores.....

Level 2
Well it's good to hear i'm not the only one who can't seem to smelt ores, lol. Vunjo did you look into it? Sorry if i'm sounding impatient but if it's not a bug i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.