• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a

Welcome to
Revenge of The King Rhobar ORPG

193162-albums6567-picture71279.png

Revenge of the King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is an 8 player map designed for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. It consists of a lot of different playable classes, each having up to 10 spells. There are multiple towns filled with quests where you can level up your character, or receive an item reward. This map is highly based on using professions. There's a unique system used for crafting, which adds to the gameplay. The map is newbie friendly, but also challenging after leveling up to the maximum. The project has started on the 6. December 2009, being "Vuto's ORPG" it's first name, due to my very old nickname. Since then, the map has been remade a couple of times, showing a great gap between the versions. Up to 8 players can play the map.

193162-albums6567-picture71278.png

- 16 Heroes
- Over 200 Custom Abilities
- Custom Profession System, up to 55 craftable items (Increased with each version)
- PVP Arena
- Improved Chat System
- Save and Load System
- Backpack System
- Dungeons
- Events (Including Gold Hunt, Fishing, Arenas. More are coming with new versions)
- Improved Mana Cost System (Mana cost is based on the base + depending on the hero level)
- Improved Summons (Certain summoned units will benefit from your main stats)
- Boss Arena
- PvP AoS
- PvE AoS
- 8 Different stats in the map: Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Wisdom, Stamina, Perception, Expertise, and Luck.
- Loot System (Including rare drops from general mobs, and gear gained by doing dungeons)
- 7 Unique Cities full of quests
- Knockback System (Each strike has a chance to knock the enemy backwards)
- "Easter Eggs"
- Certain items grant reward upon being found all together.
- Quest Chains, for some quests you have to complete other quests.
- Mount system with model of a rider on it.
- Grinding Quests
- Gathering Quests
- Story Line
- Fun commands
- In-game commands
- Unique Color and Interface
- Unique Item type colors
- Unique Hero names
- Item Sets (When having certain sets of items in inventory, you are rewarded with bonus stats)
And much more...

When you select your hero, the first thing to choose from is enhancing your passive spells. For now, you can enhance Evasion, or Critical Strike.

After that is done, you can choose which one of the main attributes (Strength, Agility, or Intelligence) will be further enhanced by 5. This is a minor low level addition.

193162-albums6567-picture71585.png

List of Heroes:

Intelligence Based Heroes
-Fire Mage
-Water Mage
-Dark Mage
-Light Mage
-Shaman
-Druid
-Elementalist

Strength Based Heroes
-Warrior
-Paladin
-Tauren
-Knight
-Slayer

Agility Based Heroes
-Ranger
-Demon Hunter
-Shadow Hunter
-Blademaster

193162-albums6567-picture71586.png

As mentioned earlier, this map is heavily based on Professions. There are various Professions, usable by everyone, regardless of the Class. Some reward Passive Items, other Active Items.

- Blacksmithing - You can make various armors and weapons here. The crafted Items usually give Strength as main stat, along with offensive or defensive other stats. The core materials of Blacksmithing are Ores, gained by Mining.

- Leatherworking - This Profession allows you to craft items which when held grant Agility bonuses. Along with that, they will also grant bonuses to physical damage. Main material in this Profession is Leather Skins, which are obtained by killing wild animals.

- Tailoring - Tailoring is mostly used for Mages, as the items crafted from it grant Intelligence as main stat. Their other stats include maximum Mana pool, and Mana Regeneration. Wools of all sorts are used for Tailoring, which are gained by killing any enemy unit.

- Alchemy - Allows you to craft Potions. There are 3 types of Potions:
-Potions with Permanent Effects
-Restoration Potions
-Combat Potions

Each Recipe requires a Vial of Water, which can be bought at the nearest Toolmaker.

- Orb Crafting - This Profession allows you to craft offensive items, which on hit grant different effects. Very useful for both PvP and PvE. You can find the materials at their special places.

- Mining - You can acquire multiple stones and ores by Mining. Once you obtain an Ore, you can Smelt it to turn it into Bars. Bars are used for all Blacksmithing Recipes.

Lockpicking

Treasure_chest.png
There are various Chests all over the map with valuable loot. To open it, you need a special Lockpick, crafted by using the Blacksmithing. The better the material it's based of, higher the chance to open the Lock.

Revenge of The King Rhobar Open Role-Playing Game is also based on player's Combat Role. Each class has one or more roles they can fit in, and their damage done and damage dealt are based on it.

193162-albums6567-picture71280.png

Will be added very soon.

193162-albums6567-picture71276.png

Version 4.1a:

-Fixed Save/Load Bug, and few other minor bug fixes

Expected for next version:

-No idea at the moment, few tweaks on items and professions.

Old Changelog:

Version 4.1:
-Certain bug fixes, added more information about the map in the hints
-Changes to Professions, more items
-New Combat systems and stats
-Made low level combat easier

Version 4.0b:
-Reduced map size.
-Made Lockpicking system
-Added new Recipes and Items.

Version 4.0a:
-Made certain map modifications in terms of size.

193162-albums6567-picture71277.png

-Models and Skins:
Kitabatake
RaidonGod
NexusBlizzard
Chriz
skrab
Daelin
RedFuser
Stanakin Skywalker
sPy
DonDustin
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Tranquil
Callahan
Mr. Bob
Jo27killed
Zerox
General Frank
hortaxman
Dionesiist
debode
Sunchips
Thrikodius
MistAssass
Tr!KzZ
Boneknight
Dan van Ohllus
communist_orc
cash42
zadelim
HappyTauren
Hueter
Red Shift
Pins
markone
Dentothor
GreyArchon
Amigurumi
Chaosfury
TotallyAwesome

-Icons:
GooS
Static
NFWar
kola
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Darkmoon Hero
Pyramidhe@d
Lightskin
KelThuzad
-BerZeKeR-
Archangel_Tidusx
Mobilize
Elainiel
MortAr-
The_Silent
bigapple90
lelyanra
The D3ath
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Kallimachos
Golden-Drake
Mr.Goblin
Paladon
Muoteck
IamtheRper
L_Lawliet
-Stygian-
Coinblin
Darkfang
DiscipleOfLife
Blaxor
Palaslayer
bloodyroadkill
bAsToIsE

-Special Thanks to:
Crazy Sheep - For camera and some ideas
AceHart - For Save/Load System
Dream^|eLjIn - For many ideas
bananaHUNT - For awesome Game Interface
Belgarath - For cool text message system
matej - For Supporting me
Neuros - Also for supporting me
Spasorc - Ideas, Icons

If there's anyone I forgot, please, let me know in the comments below, and I'll add the author as soon as the new version is out.

193162-albums6567-picture71584.png

You may contact me through mail ([email protected]). I'm also online on Garena, and Hiveworkshop.com

Author's Note
If you are stuck on loading screen, make sure you do the following:
-Get the latest version of the map
-Get the latest patch of Warcraft 3
-Set the quality to highest (Model especially)
-If all else fails, disabling 3d sound might work (Not sure though)

Keywords:
RoTKR, Revenge of The King Rhobar, RPG, ORPG, Vunjo, Vuto, Boss, Bosses, Arena, PvP, PvE, Quest, Level
Contents

RoTKR ORPG V. 4.1a (Map)

Reviews
14:54, 5th Mar 2011 Cweener: Approved
Level 1
Okay this will probably be a rather embarrassing question to ask, but i've been running around the map for a while now and still can't quite figure it out umm, how do you make empowered orbs?

Cause i'm trying to make the empowered black orb, but the items needed are an > empowered orb > black orb; i can make the black orb easily enough but can't figure out how to make the empowered ones. Thanks in regard

Level 1
hi , and thanks for the great map !
i can say its one of the best orpgs ive ever played ( ill give 5/5 )
well the things i think this map is lacking is :
1- good quest log system !
2- fix flying mounts !
3- more back pack space
4- harder to lvl up and solo
5- a web based guide ( which includes crafting - questing - dungeons guides )
6- add another healer class , cause there is only 1 healer as i saw ther rest are DPS ( adding 1 more tank would be great ! a pladin tank )
7- nothing more for now , ill add if anything comes to my mind :)

now my problem with crafting !

well i crafted some mail/ plate armors but now this one is not get crafted at all , i tested it at each blacksmithing house !
see in picture : http://www.takshare.com/pictures/a776a7d2c66767ad5820fc70afe00468.jpg

sorry didnt use

Level 3
Would you maybe consider to make flying mount not available right from the start but rather to get mount at certain lvl, maybe lvl 10, 15 or 20 (or alternatively make the flying mount purchasable for an amount of gold, that you would roughly reach at these lvls), bc atm for me this is taking the fun out of it. As little lvl 1 hero atm your able to travel everywhere you want with and invulnerable flying mount, you can discover every area, you can reach certain items (like the orb, eg. the one in the middle) and all that without any effort and risk.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I can make the mount available for higher levels, but the gold cost makes a little problem. It's easy to make it cost gold, but it's not easy to save the mount (right now, you cannot save/load mount), so it would be a waste of gold.
Next version will have mounts available only for higher levels (probably 80-100).
Thanks for the idea!

Level 1
hello there,
This map is a really nice one, very good RPG experiment, gj Vunjo :D
But right now i'm stuck because of some problems.
It's a shame but i did some cheating with my mount (hell yeah, goin around without any risking, just like noclip) :"> So I can buy good stuff like +75 stats items, max ms, etc and kill those fulborgs at low level, around 2x or smt like that. But after that i regconized the fulborgs and lizard just WON'T respawn no matter how long i wait.
That's a big problem, i can't do leveling at higher level. Is that a bug or it's just the way of this map ??? Any solution ?
Pls answer me, i'll be very appriciate :D
Ps: sr about my bad english :D
This is an awsome map, btw :D

Last edited:
Level 1
Could you be more specific at "Can't do leveling at higher levels" ?
Since high level creep won't respawn => i have to keep killing wolf and satyr for exp => very looooong time to level up.
And names of creeps that won't respawn (as far as i know) are the furbolgs, the lizards, those guy near Lich King, the furbolgs in Dungeon.
Thanks for reply :D

Level 6
Great Map! I'm playing it, since it was Vuto's ORPG 2.7 i guess.
Wont complain, I give you rate 5/5

Off-Topic.. What about VFW?- It's almost dead!
p.S It's me MostNightMare :D

Vunjo

Level 14
Great Map! I'm playing it, since it was Vuto's ORPG 2.7 i guess.
Wont complain, I give you rate 5/5

Off-Topic.. What about VFW?- It's almost dead!
p.S It's me MostNightMare :D

I was like "OMG A SPY" till I read your P.S. :D
I hate VFW Author, and I hate working for him, which is one of the reasons why I "stopped" with it :p
If he gets a little bit less stubborn, I might go back to it :p
Thanks for comment though.

Level 9
Haven't played last version, but previous was awful. Permanent stats potions is an owful idea. Everyone just scouring around for ingridients for potions they wanted. Is it "find a mushroom" game? And when you mine you loose controll and if you get killed YOU LOOSE YOUR HERO. srry, but 1/5

Vunjo

Level 14
I saw some bugs

Some skills dosen't deal any damage
Items will not be saved

thats all xD

Here we go for 100th time...

All skills deal damage. You need to have perception skill.
There's a list of save-able items in quest menu.

@DrizztDoUrden

About the mining, you can't judge and rate the map cause of bugs. Bugs will be fixed in time, the fact that you haven't checked the last version is your own problem.
Speaking of "find the mushroom" game, it's not bad idea. Because then the map is based on proffesions. Very few RPGS these days are based on it, which makes my map in 1 way "unique". Also, have you tried PvP in the map? It's really fun while being low level, because then you are completely different then the rest, which makes you a challenge to beat someone who is much stronger than you, or to fight someone who is similar to your hero. Also, brewing is only the first part of the game. When you reach over 200 stats, then you farm the normal way, going around in the forest, killing creeps, and finding power ups.

Level 6
Haven't played last version, but previous was awful. Permanent stats potions is an owful idea. Everyone just scouring around for ingridients for potions they wanted. Is it "find a mushroom" game? And when you mine you loose controll and if you get killed YOU LOOSE YOUR HERO. srry, but 1/5

:vw_wtf:
1.The Author deserve atleast 3/5
2.The Map is Great
DrizztDoUrden said:
Haven't played last version
Then you should play it..
oh and almost forgot, 1/5 is not acceptable by the author! so don't s**t.
Try the latest version, and then give a rate!
I HATE NEWBS LIKE YOU

EDIT:
I was like "OMG A SPY" till I read your P.S. :D
I hate VFW Author, and I hate working for him, which is one of the reasons why I "stopped" with it :p
If he gets a little bit less stubborn, I might go back to it :p
Thanks for comment though.

No Problem. Hope you'll make a bunch of maps in future :p
Yeh, Trol#$% is a Je/K....and much more!

[Rated 5/5]
[+1REP]
See ya at Garena > RPG2 ROOM :D

Last edited:

Vunjo

Level 14
:vw_wtf:
1.The Author deserve atleast 3/5
2.The Map is Great

Then you should play it..
oh and almost forgot, 1/5 is not acceptable by the author! so don't s**t.
Try the latest version, and then give a rate!
I HATE NEWBS LIKE YOU

EDIT:

No Problem. Hope you'll make a bunch of maps in future :p
Yeh, Trol#$% is a Je/K....and much more!

[Rated 5/5]
[+1REP]
See ya at Garena > RPG2 ROOM :D

You sir are a mother of savior :O

Level 3
I've a problem , i played as a Ranger , and nothing of my activate spell work( unless the first spell ) . Pefect Shot and Barrage didn't work at lower LV 50 .
I found that when i get Lv 50 , those spell workwd already .

Level 3
When i casted a spell , it's said that " ... out of mana " , wwhat does this mean ??? And when i got 100 Lv , i can't " - save " . nothing has happened when i typed " - save " . I played single player mode , that's reason , isn't it ? And at Lv 100 , typed " -mount " was disconected and out of War

Vunjo

Level 14
Spells have increased mana cost (You have a passive spell where everything about it is written)

There's a list of saveable items in Quest Log. If you carry an item that is not saveable, you cannot save your hero.

Not sure what happened to mount though.

Level 1
just played new version says i can save items. tried 2 times. lvl 100 ranger 1 time had only best leather armor saved loaded no item. next time tried with bow(from first dungs) saved loaded no item. since i allready hit max lvl and max stats playing without savable items kinda sucks. and 1 more bug as a ranger and as demon hunter. Neither perfect shot nor stomp stun so kinda sucks too all in all great rpg

Edit: adding custom skills for creeps good idea but i would advise changing ursa war stomp to war clap (the slow skill) because you can get perma stunned. picking up orb of light doesnt always activate the undead quest. And just tried mounting in new version got crit error

Level 6
May I suggest this Save/Load Sys (From Legendary ORPG)
Code:
http://legendaryorpg.ucoz.com/load/1-1-0-1

And Some custom Models - Again from L-ORPG's Site
Code:
http://legendaryorpg.ucoz.com/load/4-2-5
they will just increase map's size

Vunjo

Level 14
I have already fixed Mining, Mount, and Save bug. The version will be uploaded soon, after few more changes.

To all those who weren't able to save items:

The problem was in Saving, not in Loading, so unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to load your items in new versions. Haven't tested loading to a newer version, but I don't think there should be any problems in that, except for items.

Level 1
I have already fixed Mining, Mount, and Save bug. The version will be uploaded soon, after few more changes.

To all those who weren't able to save items:

The problem was in Saving, not in Loading, so unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to load your items in new versions. Haven't tested loading to a newer version, but I don't think there should be any problems in that, except for items.
sooo if my save had items, in new version items wont be loaded ? but if my save had nothing im not affected ?

Vunjo

Level 14
I think the items will not be loaded. However, your hero, including the level, stats, gold, and the rest should still work. I cannot guarantee it, but after you have loaded your hero, you can get items again, and save them.

If you haven't saved anything, nothing will happen anyway, you won't loose anything, nor it should get bugged.

EDIT: 777. post :)

Level 9
I HATE NEWBS LIKE YOU

lol, i am playing WC3 for 8~ years and have seen almost every popular orpg. Greate ORPG maps are GoH and MM. Almost perfect ORPGs are TKoK, Gaias Retaliation and DI2. This can become average if he will remove stat-potions or at least limit them for example for 3/lvl and will fix critical bugs like loosing ur hero. To become greate it has to be very good and it will take years of work for kim

P.S.: Author deserves something? IDK, I wasn't rating him, I rated his map. Any ORPG map which has unlimited stat rising doesn't deserve more than 3/5)
And guy, call no1 noob before u play anything with him and noob - newbie - player who hasn't played somthing a lot. Ye, I am nnob in this map, but i don't think it is bad.
And plz, don't be so angry, you are just demotivating to play a map with a comunity of guys like u.

P.P.S.: And plz, don't say maps I called are shit, they all are in top20/dirrectors cut.

Last edited:
Level 1
lol, i am playing WC3 for 8~ years and have seen almost every popular orpg. Greate ORPG maps are GoH and MM. Almost perfect ORPGs are TKoK, Gaias Retaliation and DI2. This can become average if he will remove stat-potions or at least limit them for example for 3/lvl and will fix critical bugs like loosing ur hero. To become greate it has to be very good and it will take years of work for kim

P.S.: Author deserves something? IDK, I wasn't rating him, I rated his map. Any ORPG map which has unlimited stat rising doesn't deserve more than 3/5)

GoH is an average rpg not great, tkok and gaia are superb rpgs, whats DI2 dont know would like to find out, however this rpg doesnt support infinite stat gain only up to 1250 which is reasonable. And stat potions arent a problem i acctually never used them. Got lvl 100 went aos got my max stats that simple. The stat potions are for those who like trasure hunting/ cant lvl up with current stats.

Level 6

And guy, call no1 noob before u play anything with him and noob - newbie - player who hasn't played somthing a lot. Ye, I am nnob in this map, but i don't think it is bad.
And plz, don't be so angry, you are just demotivating to play a map with a comunity of guys like u.

P.P.S.: And plz, don't say maps I called are shit, they all are in top20/dirrectors cut.
1.I am playing Wc3 & SC for almost 10yrs!
2. Vunjo is my friend,.. I've played alot of games with him [even his map(this one)]
3. U can find me at RPG2 Room & RPG3 Room
4. When I've mentioned "Author", Was about his map, not himself personally
5. I am not demotivating,.. you're just getting wrong.. or maybe you're confused....[MY COMMENT WON'T FIT],.. Anyway my favorite/mostly played Maps/ORPGs are:
1. T-eve [FINAL]
2. GoH
3. TKoK
4. RC601
5. ZAF
6. DS ORPG [sucks alot,.. won't play it ever]
7. Dacia ORPG
8. MineralZ [NEW]
9. Terrania
10.[AS Top 10] Vuto's ORPG [RoTKR ORPG]

Vunjo

Level 14
Dificult is right, maximum stat is 1250, thus players can't one hit kill anyone. It's making the game just the way it's meant to be. Also, talking about other RPGs, as you can see, this one really requires proffesions, which is a good point. Also, have you tried PvP in map? I guess you haven't cause you wouldn't rate it that bad. Even to me it was very interesting. Being completely different than other heroes is also great thing I have done in the map.

Level 9
whats DI2 dont know would like to find out
Dark Invasion II ORPG - it is made like old-school rpgs

GoH is an average rpg not great
It is top3 on hive, and 1st is arena, so it is top2 orpg. I think it is worth something. Anyway GoH is prettier than this one.

stat gain only up to 1250 which is reasonable.
k, BUT: I still think it is a VERY bad idea to allow people to get max stats on low lvls, cuz in fact I stoped playing it after a couple of games because of 2 things:
1) EVERYONE I SAW WAS FARMING STATS!
2) Every game I got killed mining and LOST MY HERO, because that gays killed me while I was hostile and hero revived still owned by enemy, so I have saved only once -.-
so only +1 then, sum 2/5.

Being completely different than other heroes
Ye, that is rare in new maps... +1 again, so 3/5 now.

xXxMKDxXx,
I don't rlly separate this one and daemonic sword btw) They resemble each other somehow. Which one RPG2 room? Europe? And where do you live, i mean time zone, because may be we will never meet?) I live in Saint-Petersburg - +4 timezone.

P.S.: I think ZAF and RC are just another clones of Afterlife, which is much harder and much more reallistic.

Level 9
@Vunjo
K, if it is fixed then HF&GL developing it. To be honest, I have already bad impression of this map, so i don't think i'll play it a lot, but i'll sure look it again, if some1'll host it in rooms I usually play.
P.S.: but i bought SCII last week, so looks like I won't return to WC3 because galaxy is IMBA COOL.

Level 9
Here we go for 100th time...

All skills deal damage. You need to have perception skill.
There's a list of save-able items in quest menu.

@DrizztDoUrden

About the mining, you can't judge and rate the map cause of bugs. Bugs will be fixed in time, the fact that you haven't checked the last version is your own problem.
Speaking of "find the mushroom" game, it's not bad idea. Because then the map is based on proffesions. Very few RPGS these days are based on it, which makes my map in 1 way "unique". Also, have you tried PvP in the map? It's really fun while being low level, because then you are completely different then the rest, which makes you a challenge to beat someone who is much stronger than you, or to fight someone who is similar to your hero. Also, brewing is only the first part of the game. When you reach over 200 stats, then you farm the normal way, going around in the forest, killing creeps, and finding power ups.

btw, sorry guy for ignoring this, just skipped it incedentally.

Sure, map sholdn't be rated bad only because of some bugs, but crital bug like loosing hero or bugs with save or stats sistems (just example) shouldn't apear in public releases, because if u incedentally loose hero after a long game because of bug it makes u really angry and demotivates playing. I think critical bugs or lots of bugs (example again, not your map (atm at least :p) ) is a good reason for bad rating

Level 1
It is top3 on hive, and 1st is arena, so it is top2 orpg. I think it is worth something. Anyway GoH is prettier than this one.

i dont really care what other people rate, goh is prettier in what way? its developed further ? yes but i cant even call it an rpg where every class can solo everything, its more of a campaign. I used to like it but now im searching of a more balanced rpg. I mean nobody in their forums thinks that letting pets have infinite mp and using all active items as stuns heals etc. is imba... i find that childish.

k, BUT: I still think it is a VERY bad idea to allow people to get max stats on low lvls, cuz in fact I stoped playing it after a couple of games because of 2 things:
1) EVERYONE I SAW WAS FARMING STATS!
2) Every game I got killed mining and LOST MY HERO, because that gays killed me while I was hostile and hero revived still owned by enemy, so I have saved only once -.-

1) as i said its their problem i lvled up lvl 100 without making a single stat potion and then i just went to aos and bam i had same/better stats than anyone + lvl which they didnt. if all are doing shit tactics you dont need to follow
2)if you got killed mining once why in the hell would you do that again???

so let me get this straight, you played with noob assholes you got bugged ON SAME BUG multiple times and because of that map is bad ? well thats really uhm..... an insightfull review good job

Level 9
where every class can solo everything

Solo askalor without teal items or cronos with melee class then. And it is very hard to solo any of them with classes that can and even with good items.

pets have infinite mp and using all active items as stuns heals etc

There are few usable by pets items and you need very good micro to be able to use them still controlling hero well.

if you got killed mining once why in the hell would you do that again???

It was a long time between that games, i memorised it only when got killed already.

About pvp mode - i don't think it is good idea to make people to gain anything that help with mobs/bosses by pvp. Moreover it is a shitty idea. And lots of levels make it borring to lvlup.

This whole debate is useless for every1, bye bye.

Last edited:
Level 9
Lol, saw a host today, joined, played about an hour~.
Quest system is awful because u need to do something for quest to see progress in it and skill system with presipation is stupid because stat-based skills suck if u don't take precepation all the time. When u are crafting/mining there is annoying animation with useless messages. When u are going somewhere in town u usually walk near questers (because they are everywhere) and they write u smth like "new quest - kill 10000000 people".

Last edited by a moderator: