• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotg Ffa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was hosting again on bnet the other day, and it occured to me that apart from the large download, when pple got in game one of the biggest issues that spoiled games was the people simply did not work as a team.

For example, if one player is crap, or afk or something, the other teammates would become disheartened and leave etc.

It also occured to me that bnetters almost always play in a solo style on it and the current version of ROTG demands teamwork.

Therefore, an idea emerges.

What about ROTG FFA?

Obviously the current map being built around teamplay could not have just an additional mode added as every mechanic would have to be revised for it to work.

Hence, it could be done on a 'new' map based off the orginal.

The heroes would make a comeback, as well as familier elements but instead revised into an 8 player FFA arena.

What do you guys think?

Level 9
You are talking about 1 var, on 1 ability, out of 500 custom abilities about half of which would need to be edited, not to mention an entire re-write of the map which would likely take weeks and you'd write the entire thing off over that? The reterraining alone has taken 14 hours so far.

Your really pathetic. Its people like you that kill off future projects. Besides I checked out yours, If you ever manage to make one with over 100 downloads I might bother to comment on it but im sure I could find at least one thing I dont like and then bitch about it like a spoilt child.

Level 13
You really look like a person who can't take any criticising , my post was more of a suggestion , not flaming and bitching , I never said that you should stop the map or anything . And yeah , the size is too big , and you know it , why can't you use dark knight's model for that hero with doom ability ? If you can't take any critiques , don't upload your map to places , in where comment option is added

Level 9
I admit the size is way too big, im well aware of that, to address the issue i created a spain-off of it called ROTG LITE, where a lot of the custom models were removed/replaced and the filesize halved.

I can take critisism, Its simply frustrating to have months of work written off by one thing someone dosnt like. Its demoralizing,
Please see the following links for info on ROTG LITE and the literally hundreds of balance revisions suggested by players that I have changed over the years.

Requiem Of The Gods - Download

Requiem Of The Gods - Changelog

Im touchy about it because people seem to think I dont care because I dont instantly respond, or do what they want, this is not the case, im just often live on bnet talking to the folks that are actually running about in it.

Level 13
I can take critisism, Its simply frustrating to have months of work written off by one thing someone dosnt like. Its demoralizing,
Please see the following links for info on ROTG LITE and the literally hundreds of balance revisions suggested by players that I have changed over the years.

Actually I like your map , it's a real inspiration to Hero Arena makers ... I don't get what's the prob

Level 9
You see, each player has thier own idea of what it should be/how the powers etc should work, sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't,

Because I dont leap onto making a change I dont really want to do dosnt mean I dont care as for each suggestion I reject there are many ive agreed on and followed through with.

Personally I dont see the problem with that aura and i like it, thus I'm not changing it at the moment, it's dismissive to write off a whole new ap because it might have a power you personally dont like, each hero in it is different, your bound to hate some of them, thats the way it always has been and will be,

besides in a ffa game half teh powers would be uesless anyway and need replacing,

Level 7
good idea about ffa, after all I have seem many games with very bad team work
I remember once that I call my team to the altar and no one give a dam and go on creeping.... I end up having to murder the other team alone (which I did)

Status
Not open for further replies.