• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Rotating Unit-Building Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm attempting to rotate some of the default buildings models but there is no "Art - ?" field for rotation on Building Units. I'd prefer not to use destructibles or doodads because I want the building to be able to create units, be destroyed, and be selected by players. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

For the record, I do not have the ability to edit models myself, and would prefer if I did not have to import a set of new models with the appropriate rotations.

Level 21
Change the "Stats - Is a building" option in the object editor to false, so you can freely rotate the building. When you've placed all buildings on your map, set the option back to true. The rotations will remain, and the unit will be a building. Note that the rotation is reset every time you change the "Stats - is a building" to false.

Level 13
I'm attempting to rotate some of the default buildings models but there is no "Art - ?" field for rotation on Building Units. I'd prefer not to use destructibles or doodads because I want the building to be able to create units, be destroyed, and be selected by players. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

For the record, I do not have the ability to edit models myself, and would prefer if I did not have to import a set of new models with the appropriate rotations.

trigger
EVENT - unit is attacked
CONDITIONS-attackin unit is a structure
ACTION-make attacking unit face attacked unit
or try "move unit facr point instantly"

Status
Not open for further replies.