• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rotating Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Is it possible to make structures face an angle other than the default 0 degrees?

I want to make a building but I need it to face a certain angle so that it'll fit in with the surrounding environment, I originally had them as doodads, but I want people to be able to own them, and I want them to be able to attack and such...

so if anyone know if/how this is possible I would appreciate the help :)

Level 5
I dont think it is possible to make a building face a different angle than straight down (270 degrees. 0 degrees is to the right)

You could make a unit with 0 ms and mechanical type, that would be able to turn, but you would have to set minimum unit movespeed in game play constants to 0

Level 34
Is It A Building - True/False, hit false and voila; you can turn buildings.

And if you are done with turning, you can turn Is It A Building to True again.*

*may reset angles of buildings, test it first

Level 13
if you are in WE you can do like TheDivineBoss said, it should work, but it will reset the angle if you move the building after rotate it, if you want it ingame, i think you can use "make unit face angle" action but i'm not sure about this, you could also search solved problem section, as this has been discussed at least once

Level 9
What if... You want a doodad with inventory to be completely upside down. You want 3 attachment points on it also upside down, but appearing right side up when the object is built, but in a row, and you want to be able to have your peasant build it and have it hold about 1.00 off the ground AND you want to make it so your peasant can only build it on the inner edge of a region?

I'm just trying to plan for what's coming next ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.