• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotating an attachment point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks.

I have fizzled around with some of the common tools like War3ModelEditor, VertexModifier, AnimTransfer etc. and most of the time I got the results I wanted. Simple edits since I'm new to this.

There is a thing I can't seem to fathom though. How do I rotate an attachment point (in this case "Hand Left Ref")? For fun I wanted to make a model wield his left weapon backwards.

My initial thought was edit the "Hand Left Red" node itself, by simply using the "rotation" in War3ModelEditor.

It says:
0: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }

I figured I should just change the "1" to "-1" (remember I'm new to this). That didn't work. So after searching in vain I decided to finally ask here.

Am I close or far far away from doing it right? What do I need to do?

The easiest way to do this is by using Oinkerwinkles EulerToQuat tool. It may be found here but I am going to attach this here in case.

The documentation is pretty good too.

Thanks Frankster. At first glance it seemed pretty straight forward. However when I imported the edited model it held the weapons exactly as before.

Here is a picture of the editing stages. Where do I go wrong?

202017-albums6464-picture70090.png

Those pivot points have nothing to do with that.
Pivot points are just the coordinates where the attachment point is located.

In the Right Column you need to enter the angles of rotation. You would have known that if you read the it in the help menu.

Furthermore you need to specify in which animation the attachment point is rotated.
The animation is shown in frames.
The '0: {[...]}' part

If it is too hard for you, post the model here and I will simply to it for you :D

... so all I needed to do instead of: 0: { 0, 0, 0, 1 }, was: 333: { 0, 0, 1, 0 }, -.-

Now. I used the stand animation in this example which begins at 333. The same animation ends at 1533 but I should just ignore that?

And lastly. The global sequences. If I have two globals should it be like this:
1933: { 0, 0, 1, 0 }
4433: { 0, 0, 1, 0 } ?

Status
Not open for further replies.