• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Rollin' for "Wc3:wow"

Level 8
- wit respect to @Craka_J

Nearly ten years ago, da legendary @Craka_J attempted to create tha epic project "Wc3:WoW". But de old gods didn't let him so to complete it.
Yea mon, it's been a decade. And de project is dead. Sorry for dat my mons.

By the day, i'm announcin' to ya Hive community dat i'm attemptin' ta make it alive again, mons!

۲۰۲۲۰۹۱۶_۰۰۱۳۲۸.png

Dis be tha Durotar's "Valley of Honor" as I'm recreatin' it in wc3. I started wit Valley of Honor cause i tinked it'd be a good point ta have some of my terrainin' skill tested. It's not complete but yar friendly troll mon just wanted ta share wat he's been rollin' to wit ya mons of talent.

۲۰۲۲۰۹۱۶_۰۰۰۹۱۳.png

/Campaign and maps
It's a campaign where ya select de race and then de class of ya' adventurer, then it will move u to ya' startin' zone which is a separate downloadable map so you don' have to let a huge campaign filesize devour ya. "Every zone will be a separate map which can be downloaded and updated without affectin' others."

/Save n Load System
Made a game cache system so you don' even have to save de game handly. It saves de characters data and other variables in cache. So when tha player enters from tha campaign it loads the character and moves da player to his last location map. Note dat dis makes de maps to be updated safety without worrin' about losin' da savefile.

/Models and imports
Me sure uses de hive's best known modeler's resources, but not over-perfectin' it by importin' lots of perfection. I tend ta keep Blizzard's resources more in use.
- e.g. as seen in screenshots, me likes ta have @johnwar 's perfect re-classic models included.

/more scrnshots
۲۰۲۲۰۹۱۶_۰۰۱۱۵۱.png

"Da Valley at night."

۲۰۲۲۰۹۱۶_۰۰۲۳۲۰.jpg

"Can ya feel how it feels mon?"

So now ya mons of wisdom, do ya approve me to continue Craka_J's path while none who walked dis path had eva' survived?

- April 10, 2023 new update

Posted by SirThompshire on reddit.

It's 2023 and finally it be time for WoW to back to its grass-root in Warcraft III.​

The basis of World of Warcraft experience brought in an Open-Rpg campaign.

Be the Mortal Adventurer exploring Azeroth,
This time with the Traditional quality of Warcraft 3.

WC3ScrnShot_040223_000853_03.jpg

In act to revive the old Wc3:WoW project.

Playable Classes​

You can currently choose between Warrior, Hunter or Rogue available to play. Decisions for class abilities aren't made tho have some unmodified spells for now.

WC3ScrnShot_040223_001548_06.jpg

• Character Creation/Loading maps with beautiful enviroment.
  • Tame Beast available for Hunters after level-up. Though your companion isn't auto-control currently.

Complete Quests​

Meet Gornek to begin ur questline. Some unnecessary quests were removed, like Kaltunk's quest and the one named Sting of the Scorpid where ya had to kill some scorps right after killin' boars which would be boring. I'll keep removin' quests wit mindless killin' which doesn't hold lore. However for quests memorable to WoW, like Kaltunk's I may later refer in-game with maybe an npc named after or a dialogue.

WC3ScrnShot_040223_103047_13.jpg

• 4 Quests from the Orc Starting Experience: Cutting Teeth, Lazy Peons, Sarkoth, Vile Familiars.
  • Hints in-game.

Backpack Inventory

Item storage to carry your stored collection through ya journey.
  • Receive the Backpack Inventory after earnin' your first quest reward.

Other​

• Third-Person Camera with 180' rotate switch and rotation lock.
  • Two not dope Interactable Bot-Adventurers able to party up.
WC3ScrnShot_040223_105130_20.jpg

• Press "Esc" key to Save your progress and stats. Auto-save trips after each opening/updating of a quest.
  • Includes an Intro Cinematic I made back at September 2022.
  • Enter Burning Blade Coven instance. (already just for transition test)
  • Other features: Creep respawn, random drops, a vendor...
  • Items, abilities and stats are a little random for now.
WC3ScrnShot_040223_110558_03.jpg

Storyline: Legion​

Timeline should be covering the events of the Legion Expansion up to The Tomb of Sargeras.

KilJaeden-Hardest-WoW-Boss.jpg

Conclusion​

Won't be long working on this, so my main goal is to fully create the base foundation of a WoW campaign that can continue its progression to a complete phase.

WC3ScrnShot_040123_235730_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_040223_104336_17.jpg

I understand that this be massive project and I like character-storyline campaigns more than open-worlds cause I know myself sucessful plots like Malfurion's Quest. But I believe I got inspirations what community wants of a World of Warcraft remake, so I got my hands into. See my Beta version attached below post and give me chu' feedback.

valleyoftrials.jpg

-- Hope community appreciates it, it is da result of my nights of hardworkin'. Thankz to ya mons for comin' along!

Attachments

• World of Warcraft Traditional Remake.w3n
    613.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
This seems cool, but when I saw it I thought that if I were doing that I would probably try to use Warsmash as the basis instead of Warcraft 3. It would be a more technically challenging endeavor but probably result in a better payoff in terms of possible functionality at the end.

That's just my personal goofball way of thinking, though. I hope you accomplish your dreams!

Level 8
I thought buildings' shadows seem weird in an low angled camera view since they don' move with light. Soon i'll give a beta out so then u can see how it seems. Anyway an troll-style "tanks" for de reply, if it seemed weird I'll deal wit it. Also tanx for summonin' Kyrbi0 here he's sure a master of troll rp. @Pyrogasm

Last edited:
Level 8
Is this using stuff @Craka_J made? If so, you should try contacting him for permission beforehand and only after continue his stuff.
Nah mon don' take it hard
Dis be da thread where @Craka_J already made its content public.

Level 8
Bro this is splendid. Always loved Craka_J project and it's lovely to see it going on!
Ye even I remember Craka_J made it Public for anyone who wants to finish it.

I'll be watching your progresses so if you need tester or anything give a chat.
Thanx for de encouragement my real bro. I'll be givin' out a test-version dis/or maybe next week so I can get to know how the community feels about!

Level 8
Finally as promised, me be releasin' a beta version this week! Sorry if it's been any late. It was maddenin' and well i was not fulltime. Dis could have been way LATEer but actually i had came up with de general triggers and systems to see if dem work as i want or not prior to ever announcin' my project's development.
Valleyoftrials.png

Dis be Valley of Trials by Master Zul'khan
Barrens-Valley of trials.jpg

Blizzard's counterpart.

Map is still in beta and i'm not already satisfied with, but thinked it shouldn't be bad, as i was rushin' it for the beta; Will revamp in later version.
- Note dat i'll make more compact maps, cause the wc3 movement and gameplay is not like wow and you should not like vast empty plateaues.

Beside de valley map, i made a respective Campaign. With efficiency details and not-rushed look. And you'll see dats how I'll make a worthy map.

Bydeway mons, i'm goin' to finish some minor works tomorrow and i'll give out the beta. You'll be surprised. It will be quality.

Edit: Emerged

Last edited:
Level 8
WoW Remake in beta (playable). The character has no balanced attack cooldown, damage or ability. Don' expect anythin' about him.

Attached the maps and a read-me down de thread. Giv' it a test and make me happy.

Edit: Maps attached below are an old beta. Do not try dem unless you want to see wat tha first version looked like.

Attachments

• Read me!.txt
    686 bytes · Views: 8
  • World of Warcraft Traditional Remake.w3n
    597.7 KB · Views: 9
  • wowtr.Durotar.w3x
    487.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
It is cool to have de project blessed wit Retera's Warsmash.
I tried to see what I could do with the Warsmash+WoW hackery for some fun, and so I ran around one of your maps as an Orc:

I did not edit the map to play it, but I was loading it with a client that also loads WoW 0.5.3 or whatever, some old version, and then uses those assets to give me the Lua XML game UI and the WASD movement guy. I wanted to try to give the guy the Action Bar combat but I did not do that yet.

Edit:

Above is a better example of the buggy UI, as shown in some of my other crazy technical demos.

Last edited:
Level 8
I tried to see what I could do with the Warsmash+WoW hackery for some fun, and so I ran around one of your maps as an Orc:

I did not edit the map to play it, but I was loading it with a client that also loads WoW 0.5.3 or whatever, some old version, and then uses those assets to give me the Lua XML game UI and the WASD movement guy. I wanted to try to give the guy the Action Bar combat but I did not do that yet.

Edit:

Above is a better example of the buggy UI, as shown in some of my other crazy technical demos.
Hahaha, Tas'dingo mon! It was awesome. I'm fond of your showcase of my project in ya' channel.
Hope you finish Warsmash soon.

So what would dis engine improve? Oh, I can think of its uses for good. Does it can provide access to internal data like local clock? or maybe external gamecaches through multiplayer?

So what would dis engine improve?
In the case of those videos I linked, the engine allows me to load WoW 0.5.3 data in the same program at the same time so it can have WoW lua Ui script and XML ui in the same program as the maps you drew, and like a WoW orc as my player that runs with WASD.

That's kind of just a brainstorm hack for how it would let us push the bounds. I think even Reforged allows accessing the local clock and saving data in multiplayer.

Level 2
- wit respect to @Craka_J

Nearly ten years ago, da legendary @Craka_J attempted to create tha epic project "Wc3:WoW". But de old gods didn't let him so to complete it.
Yea mon, it's been a decade. And de project is dead. Sorry for dat my mons.

By the day, i'm announcin' to ya Hive community dat i'm attemptin' ta make it alive again, mons!

View attachment 407167
Dis be tha Durotar's "Valley of Honor" as I'm recreatin' it in wc3. I started wit Valley of Honor cause i tinked it'd be a good point ta have some of my terrainin' skill tested. It's not complete but yar friendly troll mon just wanted ta share wat he's been rollin' to wit ya mons of talent.

View attachment 407178
/Campaign and maps
It's a campaign where ya select de race and then de class of ya' adventurer, then it will move u to ya' startin' zone which is a separate downloadable map so you don' have to let a huge campaign filesize devour ya. "Every zone will be a separate map which can be downloaded and updated without affectin' others."

/Save n Load System
Made a game cache system so you don' even have to save de game handly. It saves de characters data and other variables in cache. So when tha player enters from tha campaign it loads the character and moves da player to his last location map. Note dat dis makes de maps to be updated safety without worrin' about losin' da savefile.

/Models and imports
Me sure uses de hive's best known modeler's resources, but not over-perfectin' it by importin' lots of perfection. I tend ta keep Blizzard's resources more in use.
- e.g. as seen in screenshots, me likes ta have @johnwar 's perfect re-classic models included.

/more scrnshots
View attachment 407179
"Da Valley at night."

View attachment 407180
"Can ya feel how it feels mon?"

So now ya mons of wisdom, do ya approve me to continue Craka_J's path while none who walked dis path had eva' survived?

- April 10, 2023 new update

Posted by SirThompshire on reddit.

It's 2023 and finally it be time for WoW to back to its grass-root in Warcraft III.​

The basis of World of Warcraft experience brought in an Open-Rpg campaign.

Be the Mortal Adventurer exploring Azeroth,
This time with the Traditional quality of Warcraft 3.

WC3ScrnShot_040223_000853_03.jpg

In act to revive the old Wc3:WoW project.

Playable Classes​

You can currently choose between Warrior, Hunter or Rogue available to play. Decisions for class abilities aren't made tho have some unmodified spells for now.

WC3ScrnShot_040223_001548_06.jpg

• Character Creation/Loading maps with beautiful enviroment.
  • Tame Beast available for Hunters after level-up. Though your companion isn't auto-control currently.

Complete Quests​

Meet Gornek to begin ur questline. Some unnecessary quests were removed, like Kaltunk's quest and the one named Sting of the Scorpid where ya had to kill some scorps right after killin' boars which would be boring. I'll keep removin' quests wit mindless killin' which doesn't hold lore. However for quests memorable to WoW, like Kaltunk's I may later refer in-game with maybe an npc named after or a dialogue.

WC3ScrnShot_040223_103047_13.jpg

• 4 Quests from the Orc Starting Experience: Cutting Teeth, Lazy Peons, Sarkoth, Vile Familiars.
  • Hints in-game.

Backpack Inventory

Item storage to carry your stored collection through ya journey.
  • Receive the Backpack Inventory after earnin' your first quest reward.

Other​

• Third-Person Camera with 180' rotate switch and rotation lock.
  • Two not dope Interactable Bot-Adventurers able to party up.
WC3ScrnShot_040223_105130_20.jpg

• Press "Esc" key to Save your progress and stats. Auto-save trips after each opening/updating of a quest.
  • Includes an Intro Cinematic I made back at September 2022.
  • Enter Burning Blade Coven instance. (already just for transition test)
  • Other features: Creep respawn, random drops, a vendor...
  • Items, abilities and stats are a little random for now.
WC3ScrnShot_040223_110558_03.jpg

Storyline: Legion​

Timeline should be covering the events of the Legion Expansion up to The Tomb of Sargeras.

KilJaeden-Hardest-WoW-Boss.jpg

Conclusion​

Won't be long working on this, so my main goal is to fully create the base foundation of a WoW campaign that can continue its progression to a complete phase.

WC3ScrnShot_040123_235730_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_040223_104336_17.jpg

I understand that this be massive project and I like character-storyline campaigns more than open-worlds cause I know myself sucessful plots like Malfurion's Quest. But I believe I got inspirations what community wants of a World of Warcraft remake, so I got my hands into. See my Beta version attached below post and give me chu' feedback.

valleyoftrials.jpg

-- Hope community appreciates it, it is da result of my nights of hardworkin'. Thankz to ya mons for comin' along!
Looks Great my dude