The mountain crumbles! Some paths have been blocked by boulders, it might be in your interest to remove them... or not.
This map got 1st place in the FFA Mapping Contest hosted by FFA Masters. Many thanks to the great FFA community and HighTac and also thanks to Pad for the w3champions FFA ladder.
A fairly small FFA map that aims for high player interaction. It is very spawn dependent for 4 player games. The expos are very close to bases so players have the option to build one big base. Due to smaller map size and somewhat lower gold ammount the games on this map should take less time than on other maps.
This map's unique aspect are the rock chunks that block some paths. These rocks have only 20% health (50 HP) so unlike the rocks on Avalanche, these aren't that cumbersome to destroy. Every blocked path is guarded by a creep camp with slow or bash. Players can either destroy the rocks, leave the camp there and set up a trap for the opposing player or they can creep the camp themselves for the sweet loot and XP.
The middle GM camps offer level 4 permanent items and 15 000 gold expo. Rushing these camps might secure you an upper hand.
Each base is protected by a treewall, you might want to keep it intact for defense. However, your enemy might siege these woods for a surprise attack. And once the trees have fallen, they're not growing back. There is a lot of trees to be cut, one could say it's an infinite amount. This might be changed in a future update but for now I'm keeping it this way.
While the trees show as winter trees in the screenshots and in the editor, they might look like loarderon summer trees in game. This is caused by a bug that doesn't properly show the Skin alteration if applied to a tree doodad.
[2020-05-22]-Version 1.1 - Uploaded on hive
- terrain adjustments
- trolls behind labs moved slightly closer to shops
- first gnoll camp has now 1-3-1 gnolls
- lake gnoll camp now drops lvl 2 charged instead of just lvl 2 tome
- bases were moved two blocks away, the tree wall is wider by 1 tree length
- aggro is now adjusted for expo and base (red camp)
- terrain adjustments
- border area remade to not be just trees
- lake at the gnoll camp removed, whole are remade to prevent aggro
- merc camps changed from Cityscape to Village (Kobold Taskmaster, Geomancer, Tunneler, Assassin) to promote the usage
- reduced fog a bit as it was too strong in reforged graphics