• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Elaborate Kill Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is an idea I had, and think is pretty cool and would definitely be fun to make, and would involve much doodad abuse and SFX abuse, as well as flying and cinematic skills. In fact, this could cover just about every aspect of WC3 map making, other than modelling (well maybe... you never know when custom models might be handy).

What would happen is that you would have to make an extremely complex and "elaborate kill". So basically you would use all the tools you have in the World Editor to make a unit die.

For example: Your unit starts on top of a hill. A goblin sapper comes up to him, and explodes, sending your unit down to the bottom of the hill, where they fall in the water and get pushed to another shore, in between 2 mountains, by a passing ship. Two spontaneous rockslides shoot the unit at high speed towards a ramp, where when in midair he is picked up by a giant dragon, and carried off to the dragon's nest where the unit is then eaten.

This would be an elaborate kill. I repeat again, you may use any doodad, any effect, any unit, any spell and any trigger. The camera does not need to be fixed.

At the moment, the only rules I can come up with are that the map may not exceed 1.5mb, may be no bigger than 192x192, and the cinematic itself may not be longer than 5 minutes.

Please post your opinions on this idea.

Level 12
Dammit

I wish I still had a computer, and warcraft, and internet, sigh

This looks like it would be alot of fun, but I would make a few specifications to make it more interesting

The first few viewings might be really cool to see, but after a while it could get very very boring to just see something get killed

I would highly suggest a rating on how funny it is, or interesting SFX effects to spice it up a bit

(perhaps interchange those two qualities into one grade, because some people have an awful sense of humor but are insane with SFX, and vice-versa)

Level 9
<offtopic>Herman, if you don't have a comp, internet, or anyhting else, how the hell did you make that post? I have an idea, u may have went over a frends house.
kraken, your sig is a nice spoof, shows how fast dial-up is, +rep!</offtopic>
i wanna see some of these when theyre done. i also might get motivation to do it myself from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.