• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rocks Floating. Need urgent help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've made a forest. When I tried to put some doodad> Rock on it, On rised terrain, the rocks look like floating. So When I put some rocks on the ground, and then rise the terrain, the rocks won't rotate to ensure the "nonfloating" effect. Please help soon...

:sad:

Level 25
Actually, I think they were more like a completely flat surface rather than a hollow rock. Not sure... I do remember some rock model by Blizzard being hollow so I'm not precise on which one it is. Maybe you're right. One thing I know is the spires are hollow.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Heh, you're not the only one to notice: If Blizzard took the time to make all of their models in the quality the campaign screens are in (Such as the one with Arthas standing on an island with his cape blowing in the wind) I guarantee Warcraft would be more fun to make mods with.
~Craka_J

Level 25
The inside is only hollow because you don't see it. Why bother adding extra polies to the models on a part you're not going to see?

They shouldn't be hollow for cases such as the one adythewolf is in. Makes it harder for terrainers to make the terrain actually look real when some doodads are poorly made. Although I guess you're semi-correct about the lag problem. Though I don't see how it'd make the computer lag if it's something you'd barely notice/see. :\
~Craka_J

Level 25
I've seen gravity used in Toadcops new map "TcX", and to be honest, it's quite facinating. Though it needs some work still, I think it's the best map with physics and gravity that I've ever seen.
I think I also recall gravity being used in Elimination Tournament, but not really sure. I know it has advanced physics for objects such as grenades though. Both maps are good, and I recommend you try them both.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Links are the bomb Craka, although I know it's a pain, it's usually quicker if you kind of know where to look.

Level 8
If you use ctrl page and go back and raise or lower the terrain the doodad will NOT move with the terrain.

Just a little FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.