• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Outland Assembling Bridge Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Not a terrain as much as an effect, but cool stuff I wanna show off with. :)

I learned basic animating today, and made this animation on a floating rock, where it floats into its position.
I used this to form a bridge that would assemble and disassemble when going on and off it.

Here's a gif on how it looks:
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif

Here's the map where you can see the effect in game (looks way better than gif):
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/5911c316da9b8dc4357bb3943459d13811666/
(just head south in-game)

I'll try to record a video if I can make the recording program work with me. :)

Level 3
How did you manage to create empty space on the sides and make nether visible in the background? Is there a guide for that process?

Level 26
Well, it is a model that follows the player around. Having the sky follow more than one player around, would result in multiple skies overlapping eachother.
There are other methods for this that works for multiplayer though, but not that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.