• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roc Unit Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Place a demolisher in a .w3m map.
Start the map with TFT, it's a demolisher.
Start the map with ROC, it's a catapult, together with all other unit's stats/models/tooltips/icons.

So it must be stored somewhere, even with TFT installed. Just trying to figure out where.
Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Hm... For tooltips, try looking at "Human/Orc/NightElf/UndeadUnitStrings.txt".

EDIT: Weapons, abilities, and general other data is found in their respective SLK files.
war3.mpq\units\UnitWeapons.slk
war3.mpq\units\UnitAbilities.slk
war3.mpq\units\UnitData.slk

First open Excel, then export the file. And then open the file from excel. If you try to open it directly from the MPQ after exporting, it'll probably crash.

Level 6
Tooltips seems pretty straightforward. Unit stats are a little more complicated.

Are there any list of known changes from ROC to TFT other than the obvious additions? For example things like Catapult>Demolisher//Balistae>Glaive Thrower//FWyrm Piercing>Magical.
I've googled alot, but haven't found any useful pages about it.

Thanks for the tips though! It might do with these, however, a clear list of the changes would be much easier to work with.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why not just use TFT... Considering next month starcraft 2 is comming I highly doubt anyone with the least bit of interest in WC3 would not have TFT by now.

If you mean "How to set it so all units have the RoC stats". I think you can do this by changing the patch version used. Basically from default use the lattest RoC patch for data (not the lattest TFT patch, the other choice).

Level 6
The problem is I am using TFT, but I need the map to look and play like ROC.

Changing patch version sounds promising, do you know how I would go about doing this? I assume just d'ling and installing the latest ROC patch won't do the trick.

The worst-case-scenario would probably be having to install ROC on my laptop and compare the difference in data, as the .SLK files seems very irregular.

Level 6
I looked through it and found a field for Game Data Set, which seems to be it. I set it to Custom, and the unit stats seems to be ROC now. The models, names and tooltips are still TFT though, but those are minor fixes.

Seems to be working, so thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.