• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rise of Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Rise of Magic (still in early development)
I need:
Help with triggers
Help protecting the map to make it small size.
Testers
YOUR COMMENTS!

"Our worlds no longer hosts the magic... Long ago it was purged from the world, the portals were destroyed and the magic; forgotten." Bengal Ashmor

FEATURES
Training dummys
more to come.

HISTORY
The days of magic are over, or so everyone thinks. The truth lies deep within the forbidden lands. Strictly under control by the high council the residents of "Zion" the castle owned by Baron Bengal Ashmor. he claims to the peoples of the land that the world is a harsh, cruel place but under his rule all will be well. Bengal Ashmor holds terrible secrets under the iron curtain of his crown.

OBJECTIVE
You are part of a small group of mercenaries that have come from a far land. hired by the mysterious Bengal Ashmor himself, you are to break all the rules he set down is search of one thing... magic.

CHARACTERS
Warrior-Strong and furious the warrior's origins date back to the beginning of time. Utilizing strength and might weapons the lay waste to enemies with high damage and fast attacks.

Archer-Cunning and accurate the archer supports his companions from long distances. taking advantage of all aspects of nature to guide their deadly arrows into the skulls of the enemy and never their friend.

Rouge-Fast and deadly the Rouge prefers to attack without being seen. using small weapons the Rouge preforms assassinations and crippling wounds.

Knight-Heavy and Indestructible the Knight can break into any line. With the most armor that can possibly fit on the knight will charge into battle first.

AREAS
Great Spire Valley-A unforgiving land of erupting fissures, gigantic spires and beasts. Part of the forbidden lands. Bengal Ashmor added it to the forbidden lands because of the recent seismic activity, and maybe other reasons.

Deathly Flats-No hills, just rock arches and dirt, one can easily die from overheating but will more likely die from what dwells there...

Steaming Oasis-The once magical oasis's are abundant with life. But one must be careful. As one of the first places forbidden because of the thousands of evil creatures that migrate there. Don't be fooled by its appetizing waterfalls and lush life.

Valley of Death-An area unknown to all. It is secretly the home of the Morngal Cult or Cult of Xenon, a strange group of creatures trying to reopen magical portals into the world.

Images go in order in which they are described. Ex. Great Spire Valley is the first picture.

MAP
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Level 6

I can protect your map! Just think about it, I like the idea, so keep it up!

Level 17
, you actually don't have to protect your map to decrease the filesize, what you need to use are these optimize programs:
- mdx panther (squishes mdx, do it 1 or 2 times so no visible quality is last while the model size is a lot lowered when imported in wcr3, warning some old models or already squished models won't work anymore after this).
- a .tga editing program (think of photoshop and paint shop pro, you can resize e.g. 256 x 256 pixels skin to 128 x 128 pixels so it will be several times lighter (or e.g. 1024 x 1024 pixels to 256 x 256 pixels). Use the .blp converter under this site under tools to save tga to blp or blp to tga.
- vexoptimizer (optimizes the whole map so your map is about ~10% lighter, has a function in it which allows for map protection.

Level 8
[K40$]-Spectre;1645616 said:
, you actually don't have to protect your map to decrease the filesize, what you need to use are these optimize programs:
- mdx panther (squishes mdx, do it 1 or 2 times so no visible quality is last while the model size is a lot lowered when imported in wcr3, warning some old models or already squished models won't work anymore after this).
- a .tga editing program (think of photoshop and paint shop pro, you can resize e.g. 256 x 256 pixels skin to 128 x 128 pixels so it will be several times lighter (or e.g. 1024 x 1024 pixels to 256 x 256 pixels). Use the .blp converter under this site under tools to save tga to blp or blp to tga.
- vexoptimizer (optimizes the whole map so your map is about ~10% lighter, has a function in it which allows for map protection.

Great stuff. +rep

Level 6
[K40$]-Spectre;1645616 said:

Yes I know them, vex. optimizer only protects/optimizes the map against WE (World Editor), but still. It is still vulnerable against MPQ Extractors like RMPQEx, MPQMaster, and other MPQ Extractors out there. Vex. optimizer (as far as I know) deletes the triggers 'wc3map.w3t or .wct' file and converts them to JASS, so, those who knows JASS can still check the map. You can also steal the terrain of a map too with an MPQ Extractor.

Level 17
Vex. optimizer (as far as I know) deletes the triggers 'wc3map.w3t or .wct' file and converts them to JASS, so, those who knows JASS can still check the map. You can also steal the terrain of a map too with an MPQ Extractor.
, there's also an option in it which protects the map (you forgot to mark this option: ~"removes as much data from the map as possible").

@chanan12 protect it how you like, just be sure to keep a backup version which is not optimized and not protected.

Level 6
Okay, I don't really know the aspects of vexorian optimizer. I use heavy locker more than vex. Well, if you don't need it, just say no next time please. :D.

The last time I used vexorian optimizer, all I did is check them all. And still can be opened by those MPQ Extractors out there, only WE failed. I am referring to different protections though, such as MPQ Corrupting (I think that was it is called), which makes extractors crash when you try opening the map with a MPQ Extractor. Although, when a map can be played, it can always be cheated. The only thing to do is to make it hard for hackers to crack 'a' map.

I can always be a Tester though :D.

Level 17
Okay, I don't really know the aspects of vexorian optimizer. I use heavy locker more than vex. Well, if you don't need it, just say no next time please. :D.
, I never said I needed it :wink:, or did you think chanan12 said the message?

Btw, can that heavy locker also optimize maps? Would be handy to know to more optimize programs like Vex.

The last time I used vexorian optimizer, all I did is check them all. And still can be opened by those MPQ Extractors out there, only WE failed.
, yes this is right, but it's enough I think, not many people use MPQ Extractors I think (I could be wrong ofcourse).

Status
Not open for further replies.