• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Rise of Lordaeron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Rise of Lordaeron
full

Plot
The kingdom of Lordaeron is in ruins. The Undead Scourge marches trough the land and destroys everything that stands in it's way. King Therenas is dead, Prince Arthas now belongs to the enemy and last heir of the throne, princess Calia Menethil, has been sent to safety under protection of royal knights. But now it's time when even she has to stand in the battle line and take back what truly belongs to her. The fallen kingdom of Lordaeron.

Main characters
Calia Menethil - Princess of Lordaeron, daughter of king Therenas Menethil and sister of prince Arthas. Young lady that has never fought in the war or hold the weapon in her arms. But because the times are changing, this pacifistic lady has to do her best to save what remains from her homeland.

Granis Fearless - Royal knight of Lordaeron and quite close friend to king Therenas has been chosen to protect his daughter against the undead threat. Doing all he can to put her into safety, the only option for him now is to take her back to the Lordaeron and serve her with his weapon and his warriors.

Archmage Chronos - One of the most capable Kirin Tor wizards had to left the city of Dalaran and hide in the wilderness, still chasen by undead creatures hunting him and his brothers. Willing to help young princess, his abilities can mean a big advantage in the battles upcoming.

Aramachus - Powerful dreadlord, chosen by Tichondrius himself to lead the invasion in Lordaeron instead of him. Cunning, cruel and obdurate demon wants to slay every living person in the kingdom and make her undead, so his own army will grow and become the most powerful part of the Scourge and maybe even the Legion itself.

Ragaman - Leader of Stromgarde mercenaries, which left the kingdom after it was assaulted by Syndicate and Boulderfist Ogres. Everything they care about is the wealth, but the biggest surprises can sometimes come from the place, where you don't expect it most.

Content
- Alternative storyline taking time after Reign of Chaos
- Revised human tech-tree
- New heroes with custom abilities
- Custom in-game music

Progress

Prologue - She was the only hope 100%
Chapter One - What remains... 95%

7Er6MMC.jpg

latest

Last edited:
Level 5
So I am currently working on the chapter two and first screenshots will be added soon. :)

Level 5
It upsets me that people avoid making original characters. Revamps and re-makes or time-travel destroy the setting for me.

Anyway, I am fan of undead and Lordaeron. You can describe all the abilities you need, up to ten, and I will make them for you in a span of a week.

Level 5
It upsets me that people avoid making original characters. Revamps and re-makes or time-travel destroy the setting for me.

Anyway, I am fan of undead and Lordaeron. You can describe all the abilities you need, up to ten, and I will make them for you in a span of a week.
Well, thank you for your time. That's all I can say. :)

Level 5
LOOKING FOR HELP

Hello! I am looking for someone who can help me with AI for some baseXbase missions. I am a bit nooby in setting the AI, so I need some advices. Anyone willing to help me? :)

Level 5
Hello :) I've been ill last few days, but I'm finally getting to be ok, so I'm going to continue with work as soon as possible :) Thanks for your patience.

Level 3
I will wait for the results don't give up :) And the same lvl from RoC with other story and reworked could be also interesting like what happend next on this terrains.

Level 5
I will wait for the results don't give up :) And the same lvl from RoC with other story and reworked could be also interesting like what happend next on this terrains.

I absolutely agree with you. :) Looks like someone catched my idea. ;)

Dont you think thats insultingly lazy?
Read the answer above, please. :) And if you are not satisfied with the way I'm working, noone forces you to play the campaign or to be even interested in it.

Level 14
I absolutely agree with you. :) Looks like someone catched my idea. ;)

Read the answer above, please. :) And if you are not satisfied with the way I'm working, noone forces you to play the campaign or to be even interested in it.

If you want this campaign tossed in the substandard section by all means keep using vanilla maps.

Level 20
Do you plan do use original campaign maps for all chapters in your campaign or is this only a singular case where you decided to do so for some reason?

Level 12
That campaign is exactly what the name implies. This? Not the same thing
So, what? You think he's trying to cheat you? He didn't seem to have a problem admitting he took the vanilla terrain. So whatever the name implies is not a problem.

@Zektr by the way I suggest you play the Scourge enhanced to see just how many elements can be added to the map. Second mission is a great example.

Level 5
So, what? You think he's trying to cheat you? He didn't seem to have a problem admitting he took the vanilla terrain. So whatever the name implies is not a problem.

@Zektr by the way I suggest you play the Scourge enhanced to see just how many elements can be added to the map. Second mission is a great example.
Thank you for the defence I'll check it thanks for the advice.

Level 14

I think it's lazy as hell and it's nothing compared to the vast rework and AI changes and 2 human and undead race revamps Teozamait did

I'm entitlted to my opinion. My opinion is that it's a bare bones lazy as hell campaign that has units simply placed on an overland map with the cringe Calia Menethil fanfic reclaiming lordaeron that oh so many people have spewed over the years.

talk about uninspired
calia menethil reclaims lordaeron - Google-Suche

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm entitlted to my opinion. My opinion is that it's a bare bones lazy as hell campaign that has units simply placed on an overland map with the cringe Calia Menethil fanfic reclaiming lordaeron that oh so many people have spewed over the years.

Yes, yes. You are very much entitled to your opinion, ain't no one going to take it away from you and all. I'll just point out you're basing this opinion

I think it's lazy as hell and it's nothing compared to the vast rework and AI changes and 2 human and undead race revamps Teozamait did

over one screenshot and barely two paragraphs of text. Way to go objective criticism.

As for that, the name is uninspired (I'd be the first one to whale on campaigns called "rise of the X"), the story is WoW based and blah blah. So are Tomoraider's campaigns, as well as chasing the dawn, and other notable projects. Talk about generic in this site, but sometimes it works.

Dont you think thats insultingly lazy?
If you want this campaign tossed in the substandard section by all means keep using vanilla maps.
think it's lazy as hell and it's nothing compared to the vast rework and AI changes and 2 human and undead race revamps Teozamait did
Why the hate? And also, why are you even talking about tossing projects to substandard section?
It's legit to use pre-made work. Everyone does this. With spells, systems, models, icons... but that he uses terrain is big drama? There are even terrain templates out there only for this purpose. Your personal core is maybe creating terrain yourself for a map, and this is fine. But let him give credits for the work he uses, and it's ok.

Level 5
Why the hate? And also, why are you even talking about tossing projects to substandard section?
It's legit to use pre-made work. Everyone does this. With spells, systems, models, icons... but that he uses terrain is big drama? There are even terrain templates out there only for this purpose. Your personal core is maybe creating terrain yourself for a map, and this is fine. But let him give credits for the work he uses, and it's ok.

Just few words according to last lines of this text: "I have no problem to admit, that I'm quite bad at making my own terrain. And because I don't want my campaign to contain my really bad creations, I've decided to use either templates or some vanilla maps. The credits are going to be on every loading screen of every chapter. "

Level 6
I fear that @Zektr won't finish any campaign ever . This is his 4th campaign in WiP status so . . . It seems, that he allways lose his will to continue projects after 1-2 levels are finished.

Welp that's new :(

True. I can't make maps of my own at all. no hate please -_- and Don't be keemstar/drama Alert (the biased entitled opinionated guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.