• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In the Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Is it possible that we are in the Matrix.

I noticed that there are serious lags in life. for example when your waiting on a friend to reply you suddenly find that every post you are waiting on has been suspended. as if your server has been throttled because you've requested too many points of reply that your bot is over loaded.

which makes me wonder... if we are in the matrixs would we want to get out? if it's anything like the movie it would be an apocalyptic world with no internet, but then you also get to fight back by going back in as Neo.

I'll create a red pill blue pill poll later, but until then I just want to know

what convinces you this is real life?

Level 19
Man, your jokes are so weird!

But, what if you're living inside your mind?
wasn't that the whole theme of matrix?

A Chinese philosopher once had a dream that he was a butterfly. when he woke up he asked a question of himself

"Am I a man or am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?"

another philosopher had a similar thought. he had a dream that was so real he could no longer distinguish reality from sleep.

he worried that he and his reality was just a dream of someone else's... and that person would be his impending doom when he wakes up.

he dissolved his fears with a simple yet meaningless mantra

"I think, therefore I am"

but we aren't talking about dreams. we are talking about real and false. we are talking about matrix or not.

are all these people around us simply monitoring us and making sure we follow the rules of this false world. that we never find out the truth. that we never escape?

I often dream that I have extra limbs.... that in losing one I always have a spare pair. when I wake up I am shocked that all this time I only have one pair, and absolutely can not believe it has always been this way

could subconsciously our minds be telling us we have a spare body waiting somewhere, and this one is just a lie?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
wasn't that the whole theme of matrix?
Not exactly/entirely.
but we aren't talking about dreams. we are talking about real and false.
I wish I knew the truth. It seems searching for it only leads to more questions.
are all these people around us simply monitoring us and making sure we follow the rules of this false world. that we never find out the truth. that we never escape?
Well, those "people" are not the everybody you see daily else our conversation would have no meaning or be just a reaction of your "own mind". Is life actually real? Does existence exist? Or is everything a paradox, infinitism, an eternal cycle of countering forces?
often dream that I have extra limbs.... that in losing one I always have a spare pair. when I wake up I am shocked that all this time I only have one pair, and absolutely can not believe it has always been this way
That happened to me when I was younger in the sense that I dreamt I was flying and was very confident of the realism of it but waking up lead to confusion and melancholia before getting back to: "oh, it was just a dream, even though...". Psychologically, this can have a lot of implications and some examples would be: being good at doing something that you can't do because of reasons or just aspiration.
could subconsciously our minds be telling us we have a spare body waiting somewhere, and this one is just a lie?
The problem is, that the universal program is very well "thought". There can be so much confusion that the actual truth (if any) would be improbable to dig out.

Level 12
I entered the map development section a couple of weeks ago and saw the amount of campaigns titled "Rise of the X". That made me think just about everyone here is a bot.

Joking aside, I think the problem here is subjectivity. You don't see with your eyes, or hear with your ears, all of that goes through your brain, and undergoes some processing before it arrives to your "consciousness", therefore what you see is very much up to you (the subject) rather then what you see (the object). For example, I have a friend who said LSD peeled some of those layers for him: he want to buy food, and suddenly did not understand why the vendor would give him food in return for a leaf (actually a 20$ bill). If you want to see the "truth", perhaps you need to peel away all of those layers of processing. But what remains once you peel off all those layers of processing, And will you be able to say that this is "the truth"?

There is a word perfectly describing the opposite of this feeling: sonder. What you describe is, I think an offspring of the rising individualism: you are the main character of your story. Moreover, you ARE your own story. For you, everyone else is secondary, some blurry thing that gets clearer, and larger, as you grow close to it. Do you think your friends and family are monitoring you as a part of this scheme as well? Or are they different because you know them. It is much easier to write this role of a monitor off to perfect strangers in the street or on the bus, rather then to your friends whose dreams and ambitions you know of.

For instance, to me, you - @TheLordOfChaos201, are simply a machine. A script is programmed to create threads with random subjects in the off topic section of this site in order to keep it alive. I am not aware of you, your complexity or your ambitions. I assume you might view me in the same way, but this is all a part of the distance - because we are far from one another, we seem small to each other.

Level 19
I entered the map development section a couple of weeks ago and saw the amount of campaigns titled "Rise of the X". That made me think just about everyone here is a bot.

Joking aside, I think the problem here is subjectivity. You don't see with your eyes, or hear with your ears, all of that goes through your brain, and undergoes some processing before it arrives to your "consciousness", therefore what you see is very much up to you (the subject) rather then what you see (the object). For example, I have a friend who said LSD peeled some of those layers for him: he want to buy food, and suddenly did not understand why the vendor would give him food in return for a leaf (actually a 20$ bill). If you want to see the "truth", perhaps you need to peel away all of those layers of processing. But what remains once you peel off all those layers of processing, And will you be able to say that this is "the truth"?

There is a word perfectly describing the opposite of this feeling: sonder. What you describe is, I think an offspring of the rising individualism: you are the main character of your story. Moreover, you ARE your own story. For you, everyone else is secondary, some blurry thing that gets clearer, and larger, as you grow close to it. Do you think your friends and family are monitoring you as a part of this scheme as well? Or are they different because you know them. It is much easier to write this role of a monitor off to perfect strangers in the street or on the bus, rather then to your friends whose dreams and ambitions you know of.

For instance, to me, you - @TheLordOfChaos201, are simply a machine. A script is programmed to create threads with random subjects in the off topic section of this site in order to keep it alive. I am not aware of you, your complexity or your ambitions. I assume you might view me in the same way, but this is all a part of the distance - because we are far from one another, we seem small to each other.
I think my family and friends are the ones monitoring me.

I really just do not see what they get out of being my friends. I mean it is easy to see how my parents have to care about me, but my friends!? I just don't get it. I have zero personality. I don't really do a good job of listening to them. I have out bursts, I don't follow the rules... I am a real pain to be around, yet.... It makes no sense unless they are studying me as some sort of experiment.

I seriously don't understand anyone in this world. In school the psychologist said I have what is called a volatile personality, meaning I act out sometimes violently when triggered by stress which warp my personality. I don't think that is it though. My personality isn't one person, I can't just be one personality. My personality is never the same, it is always different, I am never the same person. It makes absolutely no sense that people can be the same person every day, the same personality. It would drive me insane if I had to be the same me all the time. Around friends I try and remain the same person that they met, that they are used to, but every person I am with is a different me that I am. It is hard to keep track of mostly because I don't want to be that person, I want to be who ever I am at the time.

At the same time because I am these many different people, I can see people who are that person I was/am. I can understand people better because I have been that person in some small way at some time. Which annoys me because that person becomes so predictable. You only get about 8 different people in the world and I could classify them in simple words or long elaborate descriptions.

Eight basic constructs

A person can be strengthening, meaning that they show interest in what you offer(whether their interest is false or not your likely reaction is to soak up the attention), but the negative side of showing interest is that the people you surround yourself with will likely run out of things to show you that they think you are interested in. Resulting in them showing you every little thing, interesting or not, boring you to death.

A person can be moving, constantly changing topic trying to move forward in their conversations or actions so that they can make more of what is to offer(not going in dept). The down side of this is that they often ignore what others have to say

A person can be retreating, Willing to add to a conversation but not willing to lead the conversation. They feel inspired at times to give their opinion, but they are not really interested or willing to speak to those people because they realise that most people are not conscious of their own selves(ideals and believe) but rather adopt the perception others cast(sheeople)

A person can be resting, Unmoving. Not willing to move from conversation but instead continue to speak on and on and on about about the same topic. Sometimes they realise that no one is interested in what they have to say, but they will continue to speak. Or worse sometimes they realise everyone is paying attention, in hope for some sort of pay off, so they will stretch the story out of the attention that they are getting.

A person can be receptive, Taking in and giving out like a normal conversation. These people don't care about the actual conversation but instead they are acting exactly like a bot. They are just insuring that the conversation continues to flow.

A person can be radiant, Slowly giving off their views to reflect a harmony with yours. BIG FAT LIARS! They make you feel good much like strengthening persons, but in truth they are falsifying their opinions simply to gain your affection.

A person can be clinging, Follow you around, be who you want to be... Leach suck you soul, be your brother, want to steal your girlfriend...

A person can be penetrating, the ass holes who are plain jerks seeking attention through the depreciation of those around them
Eight basic constructs

In all people are attention seekers, even those who shun attention and would rather be left alone. We seek the acknowledgement that we are.

And that is all I have to say

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If you want to see the "truth", perhaps you need to peel away all of those layers of processing. But what remains once you peel off all those layers of processing, And will you be able to say that this is "the truth"?
Then you get to the smallest molecules and that on someone else. On yourself, well, humans don't have 100% awareness. Brains can't handle so much information (every molecule and system formed by them in the body).
I am never the same person.
Yeah right. How sick do you think you are?
We seek the acknowledgement that we are.
So? Basically, it's not enough that you are aware but you need others to be aware of you as well. Doesn't apply to many psychiatric patients.

Level 19
Then you get to the smallest molecules and that on someone else. On yourself, well, humans don't have 100% awareness. Brains can't handle so much information (every molecule and system formed by them in the body).

Yeah right. How sick do you think you are?

So? Basically, it's not enough that you are aware but you need others to be aware of you as well. Doesn't apply to many psychiatric patients.
I'm not sick, it is everyone else.

they aren't real people... they aren't like me

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
he is many people and he wants to make everyone him...

I remember in grade 1 I looked around the class and thought, 'if only everyone were like me'

maybe I was born for the role... the real life incarnation
Clones are boring. Not only that they won't act exactly like the original because of various factors over time but they will look and talk so similar that you'd want to kill yourself.

Level 19
Clones are boring. Not only that they won't act exactly like the original because of various factors over time but they will look and talk so similar that you'd want to kill yourself.
Not true

twins who are separated at birth can have entirely different couches according to the altitude they grew up in and accent

Level 19
at least they would be me as opposed to others hurting me I would just be hurting myself

instead of them it would be us

no one would be monitoring me unless they were monitoring us too

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
at least they would be me as opposed to others hurting me I would just be hurting myself

instead of them it would be us

no one would be monitoring me unless they were monitoring us too
No. They would eventually evolve their own individuality which means they will not be you except for some resemblance. As long as they are not part of you, literally (be it body connection or mind connection), then this theory/plan has no definite use/result in accordance with your view.

Level 19
No. They would eventually evolve their own individuality which means they will not be you except for some resemblance. As long as they are not part of you, literally (be it body connection or mind connection), then this theory/plan has no definite use/result in accordance with your view.
we would still have a Sumatra of being born with the same mind set

looking back to be able to say, I was once like you

preventing any harm or conflict

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
we would still have a Sumatra of being born with the same mind set

looking back to be able to say, I was once like you

preventing any harm or conflict
Nah, that doesn't really work with everybody. Even many people nowadays don't care about their roots or others of the same kin.
Being born with the same mind set will probably disappear over time as the new generations will be affected by changing/mutating genetics+psychological impact.

You can kind of trust the Murphy law in any setting.

Level 19
Nah, that doesn't really work with everybody. Even many people nowadays don't care about their roots or others of the same kin.
Being born with the same mind set will probably disappear over time as the new generations will be affected by changing/mutating genetics+psychological impact.

You can kind of trust the Murphy law in any setting.
why then they won't be like me anymore

what is marfies law?

Level 19
ok true. most of the stuff I share here wouldn't go well in real life.I woulds love to have a programmers forum outlet. like when I created a data miner, I was through the roof with excitement but my family was just like,'hmm whateve'

but it's also more than that. when the internet stops providing replies, it happens all at once. like the reality generating machine goes on break. it honestly makes me doubt my very existence.

or I could be the program... you never know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.