• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
So a new MMORPG is on its way to the stores. I am certain you've heard about it, and it is just as good as you have heard.

Yes, I am talking about RIFT.

Probably the best MMORPG out there after WoW, and this is just Beta. I have just been playing a couple of hours, but damn, I am lost.
Fantastic game. Brilliant.

There is, wait for it... Wait for it...
192 FREAKING CLASS COMBINATIONS. How awesome isn't that?

You can be a warrior tank with raid buffs and heals, a healer with bursting nukes and two-handed axes, or perhaps a tanking rouge with stealth and blink.

There are random RIFTs spawning across the planet, containing murderous monsters that attack your allied force or NPC's. If you don't save them from it, your town is lost, and you have to regain it by attacking it.

The interface is easy to adapt to, as it is very similar to most MMORPG's.
The graphics are stunning (the fps tend to drop drastically in big fights because of that though).

I think this game has great potential, as do many others. I am going to preorder it right away, as will many of my friends.

If you have not yet tried it out, try it. Now. You don't want to miss it.
I have loads of Beta-keys for those without and are interesting in trying it, I am not sure if it is allowed to give away beta-keys in threads so PM me about it if that is the case.
This might sound like I am advertising or promoting this game, but it is not like that. I am just completely in love with it and want to discuss/hear your thoughts about it.

So thoughts about it? If you have played it, what do you think? If you have yet to test it, how do you think it looks?

Their Website

Level 13
So the playable races are basically humans, short humans, pointy eared humans, other pointy eared humans, arabian humans and white african humans?

Doesn't really sound all that special to me. The whole super amazing class variation sort of already exists in alot of MMORPGs in the form of class specializations and talents.

Haven't looked all that much into it, but it just seems too much of a traditional MMO for me. We already have WOW, doing what they do won't get you anywhere. I need something new, like Guild Wars 2 or Warhammer 40,000 Dark Millenium (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.