• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Riders on the storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was working in the campaign ''Riders on the storm'' while I thought to make a mini island with a human barracks so I could add triggers to spawn units. Events - Elapsed time 300 second Actions - Create 3 footmen and 1 rifleman in region 1 for player blue facing 260 angle. - I created 3 kind of triggers because units should be more in every invasion. so this is the second Events - Elapsed time 600 second Actions - Create 4 footmen and 2 rifleman in region 1 for player blue facing 260 angle. and this is the 3rd Events - Elapsed time 900 second Actions - Create 5 footmen and 3 rifleman in region 1 for player blue facing 260 angle. But the player who will play the campaign will destroy the barracks in less than 15 minutes which means that I maybe need to make a trigger which will turn of the other triggers when the barracks are destroyed how can I achieve that? Btw can someone help me with attachments Tutorials doesnt This is the second question How could I make a trigger which every 60 seconds computer's army will finish some researches[I tried it in past but It couldnt work] and some of researches will replace all units of a kind with others I mean The research Fiery hands is finished how now the kind of sorceress will have fire in their hands as an attachment but all sorceress trained ones too not only those who are already in map. Giving rep to all

Level 5
okay , make a condition at every trigger to make sure that the barrack is alive
i don't know how to use it but i use the following :
Boolean Comparision
-(Barracks is a Structure) Equals To True
and for second question
Unit - Issue Research Order
-Order (War Mill or the other race's Blacksmith type building) to Research (Choose The Research You Want)
Hope It Works

Level 5
the second one may not work , it happens under some conditions
-when the time that you want tier 2 to be researched , tier one must be researched , if it's still being researched , then it'll be cancelled , so make sure to make build time shorter than the time between 2 researches
-the player must get the gold and lumber amount , you can use the trigger
Player - Set Player Red (or whatever color) current gold to (amount of starting gold) same for lumber , or just make every thing free for Com

Level 5
okay , make a condition at every trigger to make sure that the barrack is alive
i don't know how to use it but i use the following :
Boolean Comparision
-(Barracks is a Structure) Equals To True
and for second question
Unit - Issue Research Order
-Order (War Mill or the other race's Blacksmith type building) to Research (Choose The Research You Want)
Hope It Works
kinda helping me but anyway for reading all these take a rep ^^

damn files unvailable to upload

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Well this is the first one Blue
  • Blue
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 300.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 3 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
This is the trigger that I created in the region for the first invasion after 5 minutes

The second
  • Blue 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 600.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 2 Rifleman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
and the third
  • Blue 2
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 900.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 3 Rifleman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Priest for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
This is the Moving one
  • Move Blues units
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Blue forces <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of OrcTown <gen>)
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players controlled by a (Player 1 (Red) controller) player) from Grom Hellscream 0118 <gen> named Grom Hellscream: Play ThrallWarcry1 <gen> and display Humans are invading.... Modify duration: Add 5.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players controlled by a (Player 1 (Red) controller) player) at (Center of Blue forces <gen>) for 7.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
and this is The defensive when the orcs try to destroy the mini base
  • Defensive forces
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 001 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 4 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing 260.00 degrees
Now how can I make a trigger which stops footmen spawn if barracks are destroyed?

Level 5
Unit barracks dies.
Trigger turn off Blue, Blue 1, Blue 2.
Im trying to do this but the turn off trigger is unable to work Actions - Turn off this trigger. This trigger cannot change into an other trigger...

oh I found it and now the other question how can I add the attachment with trigger to all the kind of sorceress after the research will be finished???

Level 12
Jimaras5690 said:
Actions - Turn off this trigger. This trigger cannot change into an other trigger...

What? Yes it can. I use it all the time to turn off other triggers.

Go to the Turn Off trigger action, click the blue text that says "This Trigger" then click Variables and that's where all your triggers that you can choose from are.

Status
Not open for further replies.